possible group buy for V6rs I GOT WHAT YOU WANT!!! :)

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mx3man83

Re: possible group buy for V6rs I GOT WHAT YOU WANT!!! :)

Post by mx3man83 »

Originally posted by atlantamx3:
The problem is, companies cannot build a "universal" Piping set-- because of variances in Intercooler size, location, mounting hardware, etc.

Of course there is no universal turbo piping that can be made. Having a shop make turbo pipes is much easier said than done. You have obviously never gone around to differnt shops asking if they can make turbo pipes for a k series engine. Most say, "nope", and some say "sure, will take weeks and cost about a grand". However, it would be best to have a company do turbo pipes designed for FMIC's, turbo in one location, and no mounting flanges. The pipes going to and from the FMIC could be made about 5 or 6 inches too long, giving room for those with differnt IC's to modify a bit. Also, make the pipes with no mounting flanges. Welding the approiate turbo flange to match your turbo would not be difficult or expensive if needed to be done by a shop.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Originally posted by atlantamx3:

it would be best to have an Exhaust shop bend those pipes for you.

I think Tucson, a fairly big city, only has one place that has a mandrel pipe bender. I heard that through the grape vine, so it may not have any truth to it. Tucson may not have any shops with a mandrel bender. Having a shop "bend" pipes is basically out of the question. They would have to cut different pipes that already have bends in them and weld them.

<small>[ May 27, 2004, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: mx3man83 ]</small>
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
fieval79
Supporting Member

Post by fieval79 »

I do know Exhaust Works uses a mandrel bender.....he had to bend my exhaust piping a bit more to accomodate that huge Hayame I used to have...

That's one I know of for sure down in Tucson Frank :) It was either on Ft. Lowell or Prince Rd....can't remember which one right now. He only charged $20 to weld on my muffler too. And then almost a year later I hit a rock or something and the piping was letting go, and he fixed it for free. Pretty cool place.

<small>[ May 27, 2004, 05:04 PM: Message edited by: fieval79 ]</small>
Jon_Carnie

Post by Jon_Carnie »

i definetly think the idea of pipes with no turbo flange and to and from the intercooler a little longer than needed is a good one. street-imports.com told me that they are supposed to have something out early summer, however i'm not sure if it was just a manifold or a whole kit...
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Originally posted by fieval79:
I do know Exhaust Works uses a mandrel bender.....he had to bend my exhaust piping a bit more to accomodate that huge Hayame I used to have...

Sweet, I'll have to check it out. Are you sure it's mandrel? Alot of people just crush it. You wouldn't know how many companies I called to do a custom turbo set up. Nobody would do it, they all referred me else where.
My Cardomain site
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

haha, let the ideas begin. This is what happened to the headlights, everyone wanted something different and then it never even left the ground. The whole point of a kit is so that you don't have to source different parts. You get it all in a box and go. If you don't like what comes in the kit then cut the flanges off and extend the pipe yourself. The rest of those who don't want to mess with all that will have what they need and yours won't be a kit, it'll be custom. Brian could also sell the kit in pieces for those who want to build a something close, but not quite at a higher cost than buying the whole kit. I say do what you want Brian and work the angle of a making it a kit with the muffler shop. If it sells then fine and if not then you aren't out a whole lot of time and research. A T3/T4 is going to be the most popular and the IC is going to have to fit alot of different bumpers. All will probably loose thier AC.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”