possible group buy for V6rs I GOT WHAT YOU WANT!!! :)

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

possible group buy for V6rs I GOT WHAT YOU WANT!!! :)

Post by Mnemonic »

OK so even though my dyno numbers from today we're sucking, ive got good news the guy that helps run the dyno does custom metal fabrication, so started talking to him and he is willing to make Solid Engine Mounts out of Billet aluminum and he is very intrested in custom fabricating a Turbo Manifold for the K series Motor. So who's intrested, he can do other things as well and since im here in Atlanta my car is up for being the donor car so if you guys can think of anything you want let me know or start posting if your intrested in the 2 that i mentioned and just for your info the Solid motor mounts would cost about 100-125 for the set (cheaper then mazdaspeeds) and the Turbo manifold would be made from SS

but let me know
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
papa roached

Re: possible group buy for V6rs I GOT WHAT YOU WANT!!! :)

Post by papa roached »

i would be interested in both....but we shall see how my $$ situation is
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

Solid engine mounts will tear your transmission casing apart I would just polyfill some stock ones or poly fill mazdaspeed mounts, as for the turbo stuff a kit would be nice :)
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

yo shawn i need to talk to you about a special order, i need a set of lsd axles :)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

defenitly in for the turbo pipes if price is right
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
MarcJ

Post by MarcJ »

I would be interested in the turbo manifold. Please keep us posted on details.

Marc
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

what turbo are we looking at for the mani?
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

well i figure since most of the k series guys are running T3/t4 hybrids we could go with that size but i am open for suggestions

Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

I am actually curious to know how many people would be intrested in an actual turbo kit made for the mx3 not just the turbo manifold, by kit i mean what the civic guys have its bolt on and go, but since we have more stuff we have to take care of (deactivating VRIS and such) it wouldnt be directly "plug and play".
Unless i were to have a custom IM made with a bored out 67mm TB to go along with the kit, but that would raise the cost about 600.

I guess its really up to you guys, but really how much would you guys be willing to pay for a full kit which would include your turbo, intercooler, all piping and manifolds, injectors? possibly even a new IM and TB

<small>[ May 27, 2004, 11:29 AM: Message edited by: Mnemonic ]</small>

Jon_Carnie

Post by Jon_Carnie »

i'd be in for the complete turbo kit, seems to me that the complete civic kits run a couple grand at least...
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

yea the good kits run around 3-4k so i dont see ours being any cheaper than that

atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

Well Brian-- Good luck dude-- People on ths board are all talk when it comes to new things & product development.

They ***** & whine about how they want stuff and would be willing to pay anything for it-- then once they find out its more than $.50 they back out because Civic stuff is only $.10

And God forbid if it takes more then 2 days for a company to research, develop, produce & ship a whole new product for our cars.

That was a bit sarcastic-- but you get the point.

:werd:
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

I don't think a complete turbo kit would be wise. Alot of us can't afford the 3-4k all at once. I think a better idea would be just the piping. For example, I've already got my turbo and other misc. parts for my set up. The biggest problem us K series guys have with turbo is the piping. I think if a company came out with a turbo manifold, piping to an FMIC, and the down pipe we would be very, very happy. I can source a good quality used FMIC, Millenia S injectors, bov, and waste gate to complete my set up for less :shrug:
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

The problem is, companies cannot build a "universal" Piping set-- because of variances in Intercooler size, location, mounting hardware, etc.

it would be best to have an Exhaust shop bend those pipes for you.

Now-- I could understand builing a nice Turbo Manifold-- that may sell pretty well.

However, it will still be expensive because no matter how many people say they want one-- only a handfull will actually buy one. The rest of them will whine about the cost or find someother reason to not buy the product.
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

perry is right if they were to build the manifold with all the piping it could only be for 1 intercooler and everything would have to be the same, which really isnt that big of a deal, since the majority of us will use a similar style intercooler at similar sizes and ports in the same place. now yes there are guys that will do it differently. But as of now anything that is designed for the turbo manifold will be based off my motor since i am the one donating the car, and since we know that all k series bolt up the same way (piping may be a little different) this wont be a problem

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”