WHY MX-3's are so OVERLOOKED!!!

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Ivy Mike

Re: WHY MX-3's are so OVERLOOKED!!!

Post by Ivy Mike »

Everyone & their dog has an mx3 in atlanta. Seems that way sometimes. Most are plain looking red automatic 4cyl with the seat sitting straight up and pumpin' some Skynrd through the factory speaker while yelling at some hoochie on 14th st....... ok, i''m lying little.<BR>There are a lot of them in Atlanta though.<BR>peace<BR>IM<BR>
masonholmes
Supporting Member

Post by masonholmes »

I almost bought a black SE in Atlanta once. ooooooooooooooooh it was nice, low milage and with a factory warranty. In stock form, that's my dream MX. Too bad it's a bit too far for me and I was lacking 900 bux Image Oh well, rasberry metallic sure stands out!<P>mason<BR>MX3SE
1993 MX-3 ~ SE * 2.5L Swap'd
1993 RX-7 ~ Rotary Performance Built
1996 MX-5 ~ M-Edition * Topless, Daily Driver

masonholmes@hotmail.com
homeless328

Post by homeless328 »

yea it really aint cool how i cant find taillight covers anywhere. however, i do have 2 other mx-3s on my same street here in slidell, la.<P>
Xyphin

Post by Xyphin »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ivy Mike:<BR><B>Everyone & their dog has an mx3 in atlanta. Seems that way sometimes. Most are plain looking red automatic 4cyl with the seat sitting straight up and pumpin' some Skynrd through the factory speaker while yelling at some hoochie on 14th st....... ok, i''m lying little.<BR>There are a lot of them in Atlanta though.<BR>peace<BR>IM</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yeah I'd have to agree with you on this one, I've seen alot of them around here nothing much to them mind you but mods are another topic entirely.<P>
MX3Chick

Post by MX3Chick »

Ok, I guess the post I made on the SE-R vs. MX-3 was a little biased. But it took almost 8 months for my fiancee to get his exhuast (Jim Wolfe) and intake (HKS) and I have never had to wait that long for a part for my car. Plus, at alot of the sites Ive went to to buy his birthday presents all the stuff for thier cars is out of stock and the manufactuer doesnt know if theyll be making it again. Also, just to be a smart a-- I wanted to point out that SE-R's have clear tail lights made for them! hehe Image I guess I am just biased when it comes to shopping for MX-3's. And Mason, you should come to Carlisle next year....it is the coolest thing in the world to see 17 MX's lined up next to each other. I get all excited when I just see other ones driving around, its even better when youre all parked together! Image<P>------------------<BR>Megen Murphy<BR>Dont hate me because Im beautiful, hate me because my car looks better than your boyfriends!
Megen Murphy
'11 Hyundai Sonata
94 MX3 RIP 9/8/04

Wanna cookie? ;)
-=deathtrap-mx3=-

Post by -=deathtrap-mx3=- »

i plan to have that many mx-3s together at the texas meet.<P>------------------<BR>93 MX-3
Looking for a 94+GS for KL-ZE fun :)
02 Protege DX Retired
93 MX-3 RS Gone But Not Forgotten
Manach

Post by Manach »

Mx-3 sure are popular in my town! for 25.000 persons, on a main street of about 800 miles long, you can see at night up to 10 mx-3..<P>I'll be the 11th one Image<P>Manach<BR>Future Owner of an Mx-3
Manach
Ex Mx'er with a Mx-3 1993..

Still in the Mazda Familly with :
-Mazda Rx-7 1987 GXL (Not running, one housing does not compress)
-Mazda Protege MazdaSpeed 2003.5 Titanium!

Still got 3 Engines!
- B6-ZE : Turbo Festiva project (Waiting donor car)
- BP-DE : Trader for a B6-ZE 1994 for parts upgrade in the Festiva project
- K8 : For sell. Pm me for info!

Once you go turbo, you can never go back!
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

From what I have read (and been told), it seems that for some reason, the MX-3 is VERY popular in Canada. You see a few of them cruising around here (in Texas), but few are customized. Most people just get in and drive. They have no ambition/desire to improve/customize their car. I have always been bothered by that. I feel that your vehicle is an extention of your personality and you must be a very boring person if you make NO changes to your car. I can understand not having the money to make changes (we all know that), but you can make little changes. I personally could not stand to drive a car that looks exactly like someone elses. That is what happens when people get a car and make no changes to it.......UGH......it drives me CRAZY!! Anyone else have this feeling too?
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

Personally, I am building my car for ME and only ME. I don't give a damn if it looks like another one, just that it looks the way I like it. If you go around your whole life trying to impress everyone you meet, you will get tired of life...but if you spend your time trying to impress yourself, with your possessions as well as your actions, you will feel alot more self-worth. BUT most importantly, YOU will be happy. And if you can be truly happy that is the most impressive quality of all. Build your car for YOU, not to be "different" becuz if you havn't noticed, it is too damn trendy to be different now a dayz. <BR>Just thought I would put my word in here Image<BR>Stay kewl, and keep it fun MXers Image<P>Ryan
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

Don't get me wrong, I do not make changes to my car for anyone but myself. I mean hell, I am the one that has to look at it every day. I was just stating that I am surprised that alot of people think of their vehicle as a tool and nothing else. You know the people who are like, "If it gets me from point A to point B, that is all I need". With that attitude, they why dont they get a damn Yugo or something. Anyways, just my opinion.
MX3Chick

Post by MX3Chick »

then you impress your friends so much that they want to make thier cars "fast and pretty". The only problem is, my friends are stupid (the girl ones anyways) when it comes to cars. my ex-best friend is now trying to sell her mustang (hehe i dont blame her its a 98 stock base model that is dark green...blah!!!!) to get a new mitsu eclipse. She wanted me to help her do mods...the first mod she wanted was to tint the windows, put a big "triangle" thing on her back window in red (the diamond star emblem...she didnt know what it was called..shows her knowledge of cars) and then she wanted to get some NOS to dump in her gas tank. According to her, you get the NOS, put it in your gas tank and it runs all the time. Then she wants to put 4 12" subs in the back. SHES AN IDIOT!!! She is the biggest car poser that I know...NOS just happens to be her vocab word of the week. She doesnt know anything about cars or mods. Matter of fact, shed probally kill herself in a week if she had NOS, shes the worst driver I know (shes had 8 accidents, and too many tickets to count...right now I dont think she has a licsense) if she cant handle a stock mustang, theres no way she could handle a car with anymore hp. Plus, her parents wont let her get a stick cuz supposedly sticks are faster than automatics and she just doesnt need to go that fast. lol thank god there are other girls on here like me....im begging you please move to Ohio so I can have some "real" friends! Image<P>------------------<BR>Megen Murphy<BR>Dont hate me because Im beautiful, hate me because my car looks better than your boyfriends!
Megen Murphy
'11 Hyundai Sonata
94 MX3 RIP 9/8/04

Wanna cookie? ;)
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

Actually there is a NOS additive that you can add to your gas to get more HP. It aint a significant change, but you can feel it. But I know what you mean. My friend has a '93 civic, and he has prolly about $2000 worth of mods that he has put in, and he couldn't tell me what ANY of them do. I don't care so much that he don't know, but that he pretends that he does, and he bragz about them. Damn posers
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

i just wanted to say its wierd that the guy above is vizualxtc and i'm sonicxtacy Image... oh yeah and mx-3's rock. Mazda styled this car so that in 2006 when they get there heads out there butt and re-produce the MX-3's us driving the 92-96 models we'll still be cool! IMHO Image
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
szuszanna

Post by szuszanna »

When I got my first mx-3 (a '93) I never saw them anywhere. Now though, around here, I keep seeing them. The sad thing is that I can actually say what the colors are of each of the mx-3s that are around here & how many there are. I like to keep an eye out for the other guys out there.<P>------------------<BR>'94 Green Mx-3 DOHC
'92 Red Mx-3 RS
GoA-BoY

Post by GoA-BoY »

In the past little while, I've been to Las Vegas, Minneapolis and Calgary (Canada) and saw very few MX-3's around. <P>I live in Winnipeg and there are tons of them... all different colours... alot of them are modded. Mine is a stock red `93 MX-3 with the SOHC 1.6L and a 4-speed auto. <P>I don't see the car as an extension of my personality.... then again, I'm a starving musician so I'm glad that this car can practically go across the country on just a drop of fuel. It also has surprisingly great winter traction.<BR><P>------------------<BR><B><A HREF="http://www.mp3.com/nealpinto" TARGET=_blank>¡¡LISTEN TO MY MUSIC!!</A></B>
<B><A HREF="http://www.mp3.com/nealpinto" TARGET=_blank>¡¡LISTEN TO MY MUSIC!!</A></B>

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”