WHY MX-3's are so OVERLOOKED!!!

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
KingFisher

WHY MX-3's are so OVERLOOKED!!!

Post by KingFisher »

What's up fellow MXers... Just wanted to know if any of you get a little PI$$ED off when looking into the wonderful world of aftermarket accessories for the MX-3. First off I would like to know why people would pay anything for a low class ecconemy Civic hatch.. They are crap from the factory. MX-3's are luxury in comparison. I definately look down on many manufacturers for overlooking this great car. There are next to no companies that will do SH!T for this car and it makes me mad. A simple thing like Intake you cant just go and buy without spending an arm and a leg and if you get a cheaper one you have to make changes. WHY don't companies care for the MX-3?????? Any how all I wanted to say is that for such a great sports compact car they are WAY WAY to overlooked and it makes me wonder about the whole scene... Image
ANDREW*<BR>1996 Mazda MX-3 GS
white fish

Re: WHY MX-3's are so OVERLOOKED!!!

Post by white fish »

Take a 10 min drive count how many civics you see then count how many mx-3s you see <BR><P>------------------<BR>Clear White 2.5L GSR
-=deathtrap-mx3=-

Post by -=deathtrap-mx3=- »

i personally think that there are only few companies that produce aftermarket parts for the mx-3 because mazda only made them for 4 yrs in the states. the lack of sales also is a factor. for me it is better that i can't find lots of parts. i'd have no money.<P>------------------<BR>93 MX-3
Looking for a 94+GS for KL-ZE fun :)
02 Protege DX Retired
93 MX-3 RS Gone But Not Forgotten
SE-Man

Post by SE-Man »

Well In Mid West WA state Their are alot of MXs (mostly RSs) but definetly more civics....<P>------------------<BR>Thanks,<BR>Teri<BR>'93 MX-3 SE
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

I have gone DAYS without seeing another fellow mx'er on the road. We really need to get the mx-3.com name out there! We need to keep flyers in our cars and get windshield banners made!! What do you guys think?\\ <P><BR> Jarid Perry<BR> 94 Blaze Red RS<BR> Lonely mx-3 in cali.. Need someone to race<p>[This message has been edited by cjthor (edited July 24, 2001).]
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
KingFisher

Post by KingFisher »

I agree I would like to get a MX-3.com sticker to put on my car, not a huge one but a nice one.. Question to any of the moderators, who can I order one from or can I have one made, DO YOU CARE????
ANDREW*<BR>1996 Mazda MX-3 GS
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

If you want an mx-3.com sticker or want to have one made, you must send an email to webmaster@mx-3.com and ask him.<BR>bad things could occur if you did this without written consent from jeff .<BR>Barry<P>------------------<BR>Barry Clark<BR><I><B>Moderator</B></I><BR>1995 Mazda Mx-3 RS<BR>Chaste White<BR><A HREF="http://www.barrykclark.com" TARGET=_blank>barrykclark.com</A> <BR> barrykclark@hotmail.com
Icekold_56

Post by Icekold_56 »

Hey, I'm in cali with a red mx-3...it's true, you never see mx-3's to race with or owners to get to know. Ya and the aftermaket parts are hard to find. I'm so glad that I found this website!! Image later all
92MX3GS

Post by 92MX3GS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>If you want an mx-3.com sticker or want to have one made, you must send an email to webmaster@mx-3.com and ask him.<BR>bad things could occur if you did this without written consent from jeff .<BR>Barry<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Why would he get mad? It's free advertising! Image I can understand it if MX-3.com is or would be selling stickers and making a profit from it.
MX3Chick

Post by MX3Chick »

Hey just thought I would remind you guys that the MX-3's arent the only cars that get crapped on in the aftermarket stuff. Its alot easier to find stuff for the MX-3 than it is to find stuff for my fiancees Sentra SE-r. So we really arent as poor and pitiful as it seems sometimes.<P>------------------<BR>Megen Murphy<BR>Dont hate me because Im beautiful, hate me because my car looks better than your boyfriends!
Megen Murphy
'11 Hyundai Sonata
94 MX3 RIP 9/8/04

Wanna cookie? ;)
masonholmes
Supporting Member

Post by masonholmes »

I'm with cjthor. It was only about 3 weeks ago that I chased down a black 94+ RS and talked to him. (would've talked a bit longer but his woman was wit him) Anywho, somehow I forgot to mention mx-3.com but I did go back and leave a note under his wiper Image Wish I'd had a flyer on me. Unfortunatly, I haven't seen him since and there are next to no MX's around.<P>mason<BR>MX3SE
1993 MX-3 ~ SE * 2.5L Swap'd
1993 RX-7 ~ Rotary Performance Built
1996 MX-5 ~ M-Edition * Topless, Daily Driver

masonholmes@hotmail.com
yeloboy

Post by yeloboy »

yeah,but thats the main reason that i baught<BR>an mx3,cause no one has em'.like at my old highschool they had a civic click.man thats dum.why do i wanna car that everyone and there granny has.most people don't know what an mx3 is. people think my car is a 2001 model.but it pisses me off when an mx3 (marcos acosta) is spanking eeryone in the races,but yet mx3's are not recognized and there's no d*mn parts
INFAMOUS YELOBOY
masonholmes
Supporting Member

Post by masonholmes »

tru tru tru, but it's cool to assemble the cool MX'ers that are around. Most of us are different than alot of those "honda clicks", not to try and put them down or anything. Just my opinion. Plus, isn't it cool to see a few MX'ers sitting together! That really throws off the public cause they don't know what it is and there's more than one and they're trying to take over teh world!! Ok, not really, I was just getting a little excited Image<P>mason<BR>MX3SE
1993 MX-3 ~ SE * 2.5L Swap'd
1993 RX-7 ~ Rotary Performance Built
1996 MX-5 ~ M-Edition * Topless, Daily Driver

masonholmes@hotmail.com
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MX3Chick:<BR><B>Its alot easier to find stuff for the MX-3 than it is to find stuff for my fiancees Sentra SE-r. <P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>That's a joke right?<P>The SR20DE is like the most supported motor Nissan has after the RB26DETT [and maybe the VG30DETT]. Call Stillen, Jim Wolf Tuning, FMAX, or any of the other dozen or so Nissan tuners that advertise in the import rags. <P>Half a dozen different headers, 5 different companies making Cams, Bolt on turbo kits...I'd kill for that kind of aftermarket support!<P>------------------<BR>David Coleman- <B><I>Moderator</B></I><BR><A HREF="http://www.PinkMX-3.com" TARGET=_blank>1993 Mazda MX-3 GS Special Edition</A><BR><A HREF="http://www.wuname.com/cgi-bin/wuname/wuname.pl" TARGET=_blank><B><I>Wu Name</I></B></A>
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Hey<P> I went to the mall in Modesto Ca. and there was two mx-3's parked side by side. A silver RS and a black GS. I parked next to them and went inside. When I came out there were these Japanese tourists takin pics of our cars... HAHAHAHAHA<P>------------------<BR>Jarid Perry<BR> 94 Blaze Red RS<BR> 14.62@99.4<BR> Now with NOS
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”