Ummmmmm. Have we seen this yet? Eaton supercharger?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
siberslug

Re: Ummmmmm. Have we seen this yet? Eaton supercharger?

Post by siberslug »

Originally posted by boosthead:
I am not giving anyone one of my kits. I will guarantee you that ALL of them work, and will work as well or better than I claim. I also will guarantee anyone with any engine up to 3.0 that my ESC will make MORE hp, MORE tq, and give better accelleration than ANY OTHER supercharger or turbocharger--and there is no close second. I will also guarantee that my ESC can toast ANY engine--even fully built, as it can make 100psi if the voltage goes high enough. Many of you dont understand supercharging. You dont think much about a shop compressor making 150 psi, but when someone makes a claim of 20-30 psi you dont think it is possible. Well I have toasted several engines already by overboosting, and I assure you that the ESC if tuned right is safer than any turbo or belt driven SC. Like the turbos out there that toast engines every day, my ESC will blow up a huge number of engines because someone wont use common sense. Boost is determined by a combination of the pressure relief valve (now called a BOV by everyone) and how high the current and amperage goes. But we have the very first 13 second electric supercharged car (an 18 second stock Altima @ 8 psi), and we will be first in the 12's, 11's, 10's, and 9's within a year with our track only cars.
I personally dont care whether some of you like my electric SC idea. The ESC is the future of drag racing, and soon you will know it. I see someone posted about recharging after each run, but my Altima test car makes 12-15 runs on a battery charge (I use larger batteries for street testing)just like NOX, but I recharge them in an hour for a few pennies in electricity. I dont want to drive my car for 45 minutes to recharge the batteries.
As for the cost of my systems, if any of you has ever designed or built a complete turbo or SC kit, then you KNOW I am selling these for LESS than I should. But many of you think that if Greddy or Jackson Racing sells a kit for $2000-$2500 that fits a Honda, that all kits for all cars should be that price. How ridiculous. They sell them for less because them sell hundreds every week and produce several thousand of them. Production kits cost less than custom built kits. But for a kit to be produced, the castings and high volume require selling 1000-5000 kits to make a profit.
HMMM I'm looking at your ESC very hard.
I'm into car audio comps and I already have a 250 amp rewound Alt and a ** 2200 battery coming (2200 cranking amp)and a KLZE coming
Now I just need the car :) lol
Freq2002

Post by Freq2002 »

Originally posted by curtklze:
Originally posted by Freq2002:
I suppose my point is that people need to think about this ESC system as a power option. If you only run the track once in a great while, is it worth the money?
If you only run the track once in a great while, why bother spending money on ANY power adder?
Why dont you ask why anyone who doesn't race at all why they'd make ANY power modifications to thier car? I mean hell, if you're not a "racer" you aint ****, is that it?
If you seriously need to ask that question, you've already missed the point, game over, go home.

My opinion (agian, READ the sig.) on this is that the gain may be offset by the actual application.
Drag racing application in a properly tuned & rigged car, sure. Still a big issue with the total weight of two power cells, the ESC unit, all the cable, relays, etc.
Now for the racing I (as in me personaly) prefer, road course or rally-cross where you need the power on most of the time? I just dont see it.

AGAIN, thats just me & my expereince.
The contents of this post are the opinions of myself and are NEVER meant to be percieved as the "be all, end all". So cram it!! :p
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

any way, this thread is getting off topic so I will just say this.

This product seems fine and appears to add at least 100 H.P. to a v6 engine, it has adjustable boost levels so you could boost the hell out of your car and with proper tuning get even more power (150h.p.?-200h.p.?)

The cost is very compairable to other simmilar power adders. no one makes a turbo kit for the V6 MX-3 that is less than $2000.00, no one makes a super charger kit for the V6 MX-3 for less than $2000.00,

as for the power VS weight issue.

car 2600
H.P. 130
1/4 mile 16.80

lets say all the added stuff weighs in at 200 pounds.
car 2800
H.P. 230
1/4 mile 14.25

<small>[ January 25, 2004, 12:13 AM: Message edited by: curtklze ]</small>
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
boosthead

Post by boosthead »

I have heard the weight argument many times. Ask yourself this question: You are at a stoplight in the MX3 with an ESC, turbo, SC, NOX, or NA and a POS Honda pulls up. He revs the engine to signal a race, and you decide to oblige him (not that ANY of you race on the STREET!!!)
1--are you going to tell your buddy in the front seat as well as your girlfriend in the back to get out? (they are, after all, EXTRA WEIGHT!!)
2--are you going to tell the Honda guy to meet you in a few minutes so you can unload the 'extra' weight?
3--are you gonna blow that Civic with an 8" muffler tip and a 25 shot of NOX to Kingdom Come?
I hope you choose #3, because your girlfriend will run off with your front seat friend if you unload her.
Freq2002

Post by Freq2002 »

Now thats the attitude that gives the import scene such a bad rap. Went right from discussing real world racing applications to street racing.

OK, so lets follow that line for a second.
I know the limitations of my vehicles & my limitations in operating each of them (unlike the majority of the goofs out there who just gotta race EVERY light). NONE of those limitations include passengers in my car on a public road.
So,that said, do I
1: pop off on green, having a total lack of respect for the lives of my passengers, just to prove to some doof in a POS Honda that I have big cajones & no brain.
-or-
2: Laugh at the punk for bein such a fast & furious wanna be?

Take a wiiiiild guess.

Now, can we get back to talking "racing" & leave the posers at the stop light where they belong?
Weight is always an issue with FWD cars.
I'd like to see someone drive to the track in a daily driver MX-3 with a full interior, not remove anything, maybe put on some 7" slicks, & run a 12-13. THAT would rock..
The contents of this post are the opinions of myself and are NEVER meant to be percieved as the "be all, end all". So cram it!! :p
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

Originally posted by Freq2002:

I'd like to see someone drive to the track in a daily driver MX-3 with a full interior, not remove anything, maybe put on some 7" slicks, & run a 12-13. THAT would rock..
Im working on it. :D
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.

papa roached

Post by papa roached »

i am VERY interested in a eaton kit for a KL-ZE, what kinda control do you use to control the ECU under boost since it isnt meant to handle boosted situtations and does the kit require the use of a BOV?

<small>[ January 25, 2004, 01:43 PM: Message edited by: papa roached ]</small>
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
Freq2002

Post by Freq2002 »

You'd have to look at the product page, but I thought there is a BOV itegrated into the kit.

As for the ECU, that was something I was wondering myself.
As well as the rest of this gear, you need at least a piggy back with a MAP sensor to boost your injector flow & retard the ignition under load. There's a couple hundred more bones added to the end cost.
Also keep in mind for those that dont have it already, upgrading the fuel delivery system.
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

Couldnt you just use a RRFPR like what alot of guys run on the 4 cyl turbo? Were only talking about 5-7 lbs of boost.
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

Originally posted by papa roached:
Couldnt you just use a RRFPR like what alot of guys run on the 4 cyl turbo? Were only talking about 5-7 lbs of boost.
Yes thats exactly what you would use, people tend ot go over board on this type of stuff, mustanges have been using super charger kits for over 20 years with NOTHING more than a RRFPR. Like I said earlyer if you want to boost the hell out of it 14-20 psi, you will need to tuen and upgrade your system but for only 5-8 psi a RRFPR is goodenough.
Yes, I AM a bastard

papa roached

Post by papa roached »

i wouldnt be planning on more than 7 PSI on a ZE, just a bit beefed up bottom end, bigger fuel pump and a RRFPR

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”