Headers

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
blikmik

Headers

Post by blikmik »

I have tried to look this up but can not find any informative posts...<p>I have a KL-ZE and am completely reinstalling the entire exhaust. My question is: who makes headers for the 6 cyl? I have heard that no one does, and that people are modifying headers for the MX-6 instead. I would also like input on the size required for the exhaust itself as I am planning on supercharging the car within a year - 2.5" or 3"?<p>Thanks for any input! :cool:
davidosk024

Re: Headers

Post by davidosk024 »

In
Eunos 30x, v6
KL-ZE, 2.5in exhaust, K&N intake
Unichip, LSD, 13lb flywheel, ACT2 clutch, NGK iridium Plugs, Top Gun Leads...<p>Goin In
Cams, Headers, TB, Extractors,
Bored to 2.8, Mazdaspeed Struts, Mazdaspeed strut tops,
Mazdaspeed swaybars, Eibach springs, Cusco Adj. Strut tops, Body kit, Altezza lights, Short shifter, Crossdrilled rotors and Calipers from AP racing, Braided brake lines, Braided clutch line, Mazdaspeed steering wheel, Mazdaspeed Leather shift knob,
Orange-GSR

Post by Orange-GSR »

you can use the mx6 headers without any mods to the headers it's self.The muffler shop will just have to shorten your ehaust about six inches
MY ZE is on the Bottle how about yours?

The offical PUnK a-- RaCeR of MX-WEST
blikmik

Post by blikmik »

hey David... where on HKS did you find anything regarding headers for either the MX-3 or the MX-6? I found the site to be informative with the Q & A's but not helpful with regards to finding what I need.
zevirii

Post by zevirii »

Hey there... The HOTSHOT header are a direct fit to the motor. You will have to have a muffler shop do some slight modifing to them. The reason being that the HOTSHOT headers come with a O2 sensor port in front header and a EGR port in rear header. Since the Mx-3 has 2 O2 sensors you need to add one. I also have the KLZE so I don't use the EGR system, so I removed the EGR port. The muffler shop charged me $10 to do these modifications. After that you will have to have custom pipes from the down pipe off the headers back. So you cat will have to be moved alittle. Not hard for any good muffler shop to do all this.. It cost me $200 for a new cat and new custom exhaust all the back... Headers cost $450 and MY muffler was $200.. Total spent was about $850 total I think.. Hmm now that I think of it thats alot hehe...
Rayman

Post by Rayman »

as for exhaust pipe size...most dsm guys run 3" turbo back....and it is probably recommended...however, i personally am running 2.5" pacesetter piping, and my dynos are not showing signs that its a restriction yet....but i will probably replace that with a full 3" in the future...<p>btw, im also running hotshot headers (just the primaries) and its on a stock KL03 motor<p>[ February 06, 2003: Message edited by: Rayman ]</p>
Smokin mx-3

Post by Smokin mx-3 »

get either bro speed or hot shot
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by davidosk024:
Try www.hksusa.com<hr></blockquote><p>I think the only ones that are made as I have seen are Bosal and Hotshot. I think Pacesetter had a set, but that im not 100% sure about. I know the Hotshot will fit, We put it on k8 engine I had im my garage, fit fine as far as to the motor. Its the same on all K series blocks.
Orange GSR is correct, a few ppl have them already.
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

This SO has nothing to do with forced induction.<p>Moved to V6 performance.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
Buff1110
Supporting Member

Post by Buff1110 »

pacesetter does make a set
there on carparts.com
the black ones are only $210 and the heat treated ones are like $270
there made for the pgt and mx6 so just like all the other headers, your cat will have to be moved back to make it all fit.
Dan
92 Mx-3 Gs, KLZE Powered!! - SOLD!!!!
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
93 Honda del Sol - New Project
davidosk024

Post by davidosk024 »

HMM<p>they used to have headers on there for the mx-6...
was awhile ago. <p>Ill call around here and ask to see if they still stock them at some of the dealers here
In
Eunos 30x, v6
KL-ZE, 2.5in exhaust, K&N intake
Unichip, LSD, 13lb flywheel, ACT2 clutch, NGK iridium Plugs, Top Gun Leads...<p>Goin In
Cams, Headers, TB, Extractors,
Bored to 2.8, Mazdaspeed Struts, Mazdaspeed strut tops,
Mazdaspeed swaybars, Eibach springs, Cusco Adj. Strut tops, Body kit, Altezza lights, Short shifter, Crossdrilled rotors and Calipers from AP racing, Braided brake lines, Braided clutch line, Mazdaspeed steering wheel, Mazdaspeed Leather shift knob,

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”