KL-ZE w/corksport reprogrammed ecu

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
KNOCKOUT

Re: KL-ZE w/corksport reprogrammed ecu

Post by KNOCKOUT »

"Mr. MX6", I never doubted that you have the ZE ecu, in fact, the ZE ecu is most likely a direct swap for you because you're in Australia. But for us here in the U.S., I believe that our MX-3's are wired differently than out there, which is the reason why the ZE ecu will not fit our cars without some rewiring. :D
Do it.......Do it.......<BR>Do it ti'll you're satisfied!
KNOCKOUT

Post by KNOCKOUT »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KNOCKOUT:<BR><STRONG>NE1 with this combination? What were some of the standout differences that you noticed when compared with the standard 1.8ecu?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I still have yet to receive an answer to my original question...........anyone???<P> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
Do it.......Do it.......<BR>Do it ti'll you're satisfied!
2.5mx3

Post by 2.5mx3 »

Okay, sorry I didn't see this thread sooner...<P>I recently put in a true J-Spec ECU. I had absolutely no problems with the fitment, or with it managing the engine. As far as I know it is a direct plug-in for MX-3s with the OBD-I engine ('92-end of '95). For OBD-II engines, trying to get the ECU to work is a wiring nightmare... as Steve "tekguy" Szenkovics found out when he tried to put one in his '96 MX-3.<P>I really couldn't see a *whole* lot of improvement in the engine's power, although it seemed that the engine now runs a little smoother. Also, I now have no check engine light at all. I was a little disappointed with my seat-of-the-pants impressions of the the engine running with the KLZE ECU, but hopefully I will get it on the dyno soon to see what exactly is going on. I may have to play with the timing a little to get it right. It actually seemed to me that I got more high end power with the 1.8ECU. Wierd.<P>Hope this helps at least a little... I'm still working at getting this thing right too. :D<P>Btw, my ECU had "KL31" on it, which is exactly what's on my engine. I've seen several "KLZE" ECU's on Ebay with different numbers (KL46 for example). I can't tell if these are actually true ZE computers. However, I was under the impression that KLZE's only had the KL31 designation.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KNOCKOUT:<BR><STRONG><P>I still have yet to receive an answer to my original question...........anyone???<P> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hank
'92 MX-3 ZE *SOLD*
'05 RX-8 Touring

--All those who wander are not lost-- JRR Tolkien
2.5mx3

Post by 2.5mx3 »

Sorry KNOCKOUT... just realized that your orignal question involved the Corksport reprogrammed ECU. Boy this thread got a little off target! Ah well, hope it helped anyway. :D
Hank
'92 MX-3 ZE *SOLD*
'05 RX-8 Touring

--All those who wander are not lost-- JRR Tolkien
ProGTR

Post by ProGTR »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 2.5mx3:<BR><STRONG>I recently put in a true J-Spec ECU. I had absolutely no problems with the fitment, or with it managing the engine. As far as I know it is a direct plug-in for MX-3s with the OBD-I engine ('92-end of '95). For OBD-II engines, trying to get the ECU to work is a wiring nightmare... as Steve "tekguy" Szenkovics found out when he tried to put one in his '96 MX-3.<BR></STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I second that!!<P>For an Mx-3 owner that does a ZE swap it just plugs in to the stock wiring harness.<P>Don't need a diferent VAF as the 1.8 VAF is the same one used in Japan on ZE motors.
pelado

Post by pelado »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KNOCKOUT:<BR><STRONG><P>I still have yet to receive an answer to my original question...........anyone???<P> :D
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
Sonic

Post by Sonic »

Just found this while looking around for info. And I don't mean to beat a dead horse about an old subject either.<p>I have a '93 Probe GT and I have the JDM MX-6 computer and VAF. I have run it like that for over a year and have had no problems at all and never had a CEL.<p>Sorry again for bringing up old topics....
~SonicRacing~
davidosk024

Post by davidosk024 »

ok
i just swapped my 1.8 ecu for the ZE ecu the other night.<p>it was plug and play no harness changes or any bullcrap like that.
In
Eunos 30x, v6
KL-ZE, 2.5in exhaust, K&N intake
Unichip, LSD, 13lb flywheel, ACT2 clutch, NGK iridium Plugs, Top Gun Leads...<p>Goin In
Cams, Headers, TB, Extractors,
Bored to 2.8, Mazdaspeed Struts, Mazdaspeed strut tops,
Mazdaspeed swaybars, Eibach springs, Cusco Adj. Strut tops, Body kit, Altezza lights, Short shifter, Crossdrilled rotors and Calipers from AP racing, Braided brake lines, Braided clutch line, Mazdaspeed steering wheel, Mazdaspeed Leather shift knob,
pelado

Post by pelado »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sonic:

I have a '93 Probe GT and I have the JDM MX-6 computer and VAF. I have run it like that for over a year and have had no problems at all and never had a CEL.<p>Sorry again for bringing up old topics....
<hr></blockquote><p>That's OK but a KLZE ECU will never, ever give you a CEL. It is not designed to use the CEL.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”