KL-ZE w/corksport reprogrammed ecu

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
KNOCKOUT

KL-ZE w/corksport reprogrammed ecu

Post by KNOCKOUT »

NE1 with this combination? What were some of the standout differences that you noticed when compared with the standard 1.8ecu?
Do it.......Do it.......<BR>Do it ti'll you're satisfied!
basil_75

Re: KL-ZE w/corksport reprogrammed ecu

Post by basil_75 »

ok, I just got my swap done...well in and running. With the 1.8 ECU idle is rough, almost sounds like and old Nova but the power is still there. I'm assuming (at least what corksport said) that the idling and a gain **at the wheels** of 10-12 hp with the correct reprogrammed ECU.
George Jefferson= Reason for birth control
KNOCKOUT

Post by KNOCKOUT »

That's what corksport said to me as well. I'm hoping that it does correct the rough idling and the vris opening/closing points.
Mr. MX6

Post by Mr. MX6 »

Is it difficult for you guys to get the KLZE computers in the US?<BR>If so We have got heaps of them in OZ…<BR>You can get them on line from a local wrecker if you want.
KNOCKOUT

Post by KNOCKOUT »

We can't actually use the KL-ZE ecu's because it would require a ton of rewiring. What we do here is take the standard 1.8ecu and have it reprogrammed with the KL-ZE specs.
Mr. MX6

Post by Mr. MX6 »

Fare enough, do you have to change the chip or is the factory one Re-writable?<p>[ March 04, 2002: Message edited by: Mr. MX6 ]
pelado

Post by pelado »

I do not believe that any rewiring is required with the KLZE ECU.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
KNOCKOUT

Post by KNOCKOUT »

From what I've heard, rewiring is needed and some sensors have to be replaced as well.
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KNOCKOUT:<BR><STRONG>From what I've heard, rewiring is needed and some sensors have to be replaced as well.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I've also heard that it's a plug and play type of swap
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
white fish

Post by white fish »

the 1.8 to 2.5 is "plug and play" however the ZE ECU has a differant harness and alot of work is needed
KNOCKOUT

Post by KNOCKOUT »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by white fish:<BR><STRONG>the 1.8 to 2.5 is "plug and play" however the ZE ECU has a differant harness and alot of work is needed</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Thank You White Fish!
KNOCKOUT

Post by KNOCKOUT »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr. MX6:<BR><STRONG>Fare enough, do you have to change the chip or is the factory one Re-writable?<P>[ March 04, 2002: Message edited by: Mr. MX6 ]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>That I'm not sure about. I do know that Corksport does a software download, but whether or not it's on a different chip, I don't know.
pelado

Post by pelado »

Read the KLZE ECU thread. A lot of bulls--- is being spread around on this one. :roll:
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
KNOCKOUT

Post by KNOCKOUT »

bulls--- on who's part? This is the only time that I've ever heard of someone mentioning that the KL-ZE ecu can directly be swapped, without any rewiring.<P>I've heard, from several different sources, that it CAN'T BE DONE, without a lot of work.....and in my opinion, it's not worth it. :p
Mr. MX6

Post by Mr. MX6 »

OK if you relay want to know if it is the same I’ll take a pic of my one and you can compare the socket and harness in fact I may have one somewhere, but not spastically of the un plugged socket...(its of my home made short shifter but you can see it in the back ground)<BR>because I know the computer for the ze & the o3 are the same config. <A HREF="http://au.photos.yahoo.com/bc/wamx6/vwp ... 6.src=ph%2" TARGET=_blank>http://au.photos.yahoo.com/bc/wamx6/vwp ... rc=ph%2</A> 6.view=t<BR>Probably not much help.. But if you want a pic let me know I’v got a digy cam and it won’t take a sec.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”