need more horsepower

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Smokin mx-3

need more horsepower

Post by Smokin mx-3 »

I have a kl-ze in 92 mx-3 gs and I'm looking for more power <BR>I was wondering if I bought a clutchmaster stage 3 clutch would that put more power to the ground <BR>any upgrades would be helpful<BR>thanks
Esper

Re: need more horsepower

Post by Esper »

um, a clutch won't actually GIVE you power, just let your tranny hook up better under massive loads. if your clutch is slipping then yeah, it'll make you quicker, but only b/c you are launching better. i'd suggest a lightened flywheel, pulleys, CAI, maybe exhaust/cat/strightpipe (depends on if you have to pass emissions). you may also want to look into phenolic spacers and the throttle body coolant bypass mod (search David Coleman's entries). are you running your 1.8L ecu? if you are, you may want to look for one from a ZE. my 2 cents.
Dude.
white fish

Post by white fish »

wider, better tires will help you get the power to the ground ;)
93mxrgs

Post by 93mxrgs »

io have a stage 2, and its almost 2 stiff for the street, but with a ze i would say a stage 3 would be just the ticket, i bought mine cause i was planning on doin the swap, and i needed a new clutch at the time, so i went with a good one
Black-93 mx-3 Gs-R<BR>with goodies :) :)<BR>Hondas suck, and yes i race them...<BR>oops i mean no no i dont
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

T-U-R-B-O say it with me....."TURBO"
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

oh come on, you can do better than that. let's try it again...."T-W-I-N T-U-R-B-O".
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

I thought that you shouldn't turbocharge the KL_ZE because of the compression ratio.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

you can still turbo, but your boost is limited unless you can really customize your air/fuel ratio along with running higher octane to prevent detonation
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
stevwhit17

Post by stevwhit17 »

You can turbo or sc the ZE if you want to run less than 7 psi. Im sure thats pretty safe for them. I think Darin Pemberton on Probetalk is running like 8 psi on a KL03. <P>Hey man if you want more power, a good ZEX nitrous kit will give you more than enough, just be careful. You already have a lot of power, I dont see why you would want more unless tou are a competetive drag racer or something. I am fairly happy with my 150+ hp in my Neon. Of course I want boost, but Im just looking realistic.<P>For smaller adders, go for some i/h/e, lightened flywheel. UDP, ported&polished TB. Theres all sorts of stuff. If you add them all at once you will notice a pretty big difference. If you add them one by one you will only see the results at the track. Good luck.
98 Neon R/T - Iceman/K&N, Clear corners, Painted calipers, ceramic brakes, PIAA lights. New head gasket :)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”