Pioneer mosfet Installation?

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
hgallegos915

Pioneer mosfet Installation?

Post by hgallegos915 »

Hey guys, I need help installing my mosfet 50w x4 pioneer cd player. I got the rear conector but no harness ...doh! anywho, I recognize some wires, blue for the rem and red and black for power, other than that im lost heh. There are wires coming out of my car, can someone tell me wich ones are for power from the ign switchand ground? other than that, everything else is quite easy, but im stumbled by purple wires..green wires ..argh. Oh i just plan on putting the stereo like it should on the acc and ill run the speaker wires seperate. Oh and where does my radio get power to light up? any help appreciated :D
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
RoundTop

Re: Pioneer mosfet Installation?

Post by RoundTop »

First of all..get a wiring harness... for the love of mike get a wiring harness..they are $10.

As far as the wires go, there are a LOT of posts about them on this message board. Just do a search for stereo wiring.

Also if you want the quick way..

MX-3 page wiring info
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

pay someone to do it.
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

Yea I agree, pay someone to do it.

Less hassle and they'll do it properly for you, offer them cash(no invoicing) and they might do it cheaper for you.
MX-3 Caper

Post by MX-3 Caper »

I put my new Clarion in w/o a wiring harness in about 45 min. no problems at all. And I used the wiring schematics from this site.....I've never put one in before and it wasn't hard at all!!
Give you something to do for and then you kow how to do it. :2thumbsup:
Aaron
96' 1.6 DOHC
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

well i got a harness but im missing the factory harneses that come out of the car itself..bleh ill wire it without a a harness...where can I find those swchematics? anyone??
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Teal_93

Post by Teal_93 »

Well I hope I can help. I just went & looked at mine. I have the original harness but I checked to see how it was wired up to the factory harness.

This is on the factory harness:
solid green wire & green with stripe are speaker

Grey with stripe & solid pink are speaker

Blue with white stripe & solid tan are speaker

Purple & blue with brown stripe are speaker

red, red with black stripe, blue, blue with black stripe all go to the harness. The aftermarket harness only has 3 wires coming out of it.
2 red & 1 orange.

Hope this helps. Any other questions feel free to ask I'll help any way possible.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

thanks! I found out i only needed 3 wires to turn the baby on...other than that...the rest are speaker wires and rem..i cant believe i was gonna pay someone 65 dlls for a 5 minute job haha. thanks i guess that ebay harness isnt needed anymore lol.
-hec

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”