1 Sub or 2?

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
I_love_my_MX-3

Re: 1 Sub or 2?

Post by I_love_my_MX-3 »

my friends Tahoe has 2 12s and a 500 watt amp it sounds pretty nice. But my friends Jeep has 1 audiobahn 1700 watt 12 anda 1600 watt amp and it hits way harder. So id say go w/ one sub and alot of power.
1992 MX-3 handed down to my sis :)
1992 MR-2 Turbo sold and missed :(
1995 Integra GS-R :)

BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

tahoes are also rather large cars.... honestly, I'd say go w/ 2 subs and less power to each one. Cone area is more important when you are tyring to get loud. The more air you can move, the better. I had 1 15 and twice the power as my friend, and he was almost just as loud. I also had an upgraded electrical system and smaller car(he has an explorer). I still beat him by a dB
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!
mzdspd

Post by mzdspd »

im with bump and glow cause i have 3 12s with 1500w rms and it is way louder than a guy i knows car who has a cavi with a 12" L7 with 2200w rms i like the look of more subs to but it all depends on the box and stuff to
mzdspd

Post by mzdspd »

not trying to be a prick but brand means nothing its the numbers(specs) that matter. u can have a cheap sub in a good box with a decent amp and it will sound good. it also has to do with the cables and wires u use. there is so much to making a "good" system that most people overlook. i would personally go with what sounds best to you. most shops will let u here the stuff before you buy it.
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

install counts for at least 80% of the SQ and 90% of the SPL.
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
93MX3SpecialEdition

Post by 93MX3SpecialEdition »

I have tried both in my my Mx-3 and as long as you get a good quality sub, they will both sound nice. One thing to take into consideration is if you have 2 twelves, the box has to be that much bigger. Just something to remember if you want some space left.

Post by Guest »

I have one 10 and people get surprised when they sit in my car and I tell them all the bump is just from one Sony Xplod. Yeah yeah yeah, I heard Xplod subs suck, this and that, well mine hits hard as hell and sounds good as hell, so fukk ya'll. Hehehe :D<p>[ February 18, 2003: Message edited by: MX3_Racer120 ]</p>
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

I'm not trying to knock on your system at all when I make the following statement, I'm just stating my personal expeirences.
My friend used to have a Cadillac El Dorado (new one like 99 or something) and he had factory 6x9s in the back powered off of his Sony HU. Well he had ppl say it pounded like 18s... it was obviously from ppl who knew nothing, but they still said it.
Ppl will say anything to try to make them feel cool I guess... I don't know
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

marius

Post by marius »

I have one 400w 10" in a ported box facing up with the port pointed towards the back. It hits hard and I don't even have the bass turned up all the way. :shrug:

Post by Guest »

I'm not running stock mids, front and back are alpines. I know my system isnt the best or nothing near it, but it does sound good. Most people around here get a headunit and sub and call it a system, they dont bother replacing mids or anything. Which I think is stupid as hell, but whatever floats their boat.<p>[ February 21, 2003: Message edited by: MX3_Racer120 ]</p>

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”