Too Much Bass = LOTSA RATTLE

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
gmoney23

Re: Too Much Bass = LOTSA RATTLE

Post by gmoney23 »

i used at dynamat trunk kit for about 70 dollars.i have 2 12" alpine subs.mine pounds like crazy.before i put the kit in it sounded like s--- b/c of all the rattles.i had it coming from the tire well,sides,license plate,everywhere you can think of i had the rattles.now i have no rattles,awsome crisp bass!that s--- really works!
Garrett
XavIaN

Post by XavIaN »

o boy did mine rattle with 3 12's 1000watts lol idc though didnt play it real loud no rooms for subs to hit hard.
mzdspd

Post by mzdspd »

i got 3 12s and 2500 watts :) <BR>yeah it rattles out side but man its loud inside
CanadianMx-3

Post by CanadianMx-3 »

What kinda amp is pushing 2500 watts?
Dedicated SR20 SLUT
mzdspd

Post by mzdspd »

us accoustic 1000d pushes 2500w max at 1ohm at 12.9 volts<BR>im pushin about 2000 rms @1.3ohm at 14V
CanadianMx-3

Post by CanadianMx-3 »

wow, thats impressive
Dedicated SR20 SLUT
tk1138

Post by tk1138 »

I've still got a rattle somewhere in my door (the latch I think), but here's what I've done to reduce rattles & road noise:<P>Spray ruberized undercoating inside the doors and under the plastic panels in the hatch area (be careful & mask the area off). Lined the inside of my door pannels & tire well with polyester batting. Put all my tools that stay in the car in a fabric bag & aranged so they don't clunk around. Taped down all the wired inside the door with double sided padded tape.<P>My exaust had some rusted clamps on it, so those got replaced too.<P>polyester batting works better than sound mat for rattles, but for general noise spray or mat is the way to go.
tk1138<P>There's not really anything I want to say over and over.
RaspMetalicMX3SE

Post by RaspMetalicMX3SE »

my buddy has a probe that rattled alot from his system and bought some sound damping sheets, they worked better than i had expected and theres very little rattle, so ya guys might wanna try that. oh and i have the same rattle problem too and will be buying some of them sheets myself. ebays got them for pretty good prices.
92RedMX3

Post by 92RedMX3 »

go to lowes and buy some stuff called Peel-n-Seal It works and looks like dynamat extreme. Its good stuff if you are putting it on the spare tire area and floor.
mzdspd

Post by mzdspd »

i have tried a lot of stuff i think my rattles are here to stay but it sounds good in side so who cares what the other people here
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

i had 2 12" mtx in a ported box before which got stolen. anyway that setup rattled every part of my trunk, bumper, hatch and all. anyway i got a 10" solobaric. it sounds much better, and hits way harder, with tuning, and i barely have any noises now. im guessing its cuz i its sealed and one smaller sub vibrating in the trunk will make less noise as 2 or 3 subs.

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”