Kakarot135's 93 MX-3 rs

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
kakarot135

Kakarot135's 93 MX-3 rs

Post by kakarot135 »

Ok, I guess it is time to start my worklog for my car. So far everything that I have done has been fixing what is broken. Now it is time to start to have fun. I have had this car since 2003, I bought it to replace a car that I totaled.

To start the oldest pictures that I have of the car, these are about 7 years old.

The biggest project that I have undertaken so far was replacing a blown transmission. Here is the new one all pretty in the bay.

The only upgrade that has been done so far is I got a set of 15" honeycomb wheels for it that were painted black.

And now on to the next adventure, I just ordered my new suspension components, ball joints, tie rod ends, and strut mounts. I have a set of Eibach pro springs in the garage but have blown ball joints and mounts now so once these are here my springs can go in.

I also ordered new calipers for the front since I am having major issues with the braking on the car, it sat for almost 18 monthes while sourcing a new transmission.

And lastly new motor mounts for the car since one of the mounts has a broken stud that I haven't fixed yet.

Soon, I hope to source a BP, rear disc conversion, maybe a millenia front brake upgrade, and a gs rear stabalizer bar.

The only body modifications I plan on making are getting a GS lip, a lip Spoiler, and once the engine is done a new paint job.

thanks for looking,
Jason
Kakarot 135
Evo_Spec

Re: Kakarot135's 93 MX-3 rs

Post by Evo_Spec »

it's kind of strange to see a car stay stock for such a long time XD
looks pretty clean though!
RobMinhas
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by RobMinhas »

I like it, especially the black honey combs. I halfassed mine(no sand, just rinsed and laid a layer on) so I'm looking to make them look as nice as yours after!

Also, Kakarot? :D
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
kakarot135

Post by kakarot135 »

Thanks guys, I cant complain about her, almost 20 years old and still runs strong. She does have some clearcoat issues now.

And rob, kakarot as in goku from dbz
Kakarot 135
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

kakarot135 wrote:Thanks guys, I cant complain about her, almost 20 years old and still runs strong. She does have some clearcoat issues now.

And rob, kakarot as in goku from dbz
I know. Im just a huge DBZ nerd hahah
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
kakarot135

Post by kakarot135 »

The Fed EX guy brought me some gifts......

New Calipers.... So pretty compared to the old ones.

Ball joints, tie rod ends, and two new motor mounts to replace the ones that are shot

Strut mounts

All this just to be able to be confident when I install these....

They are going to be paired with KYB GR2's that are on the car right now.

Looks like it is going to be a long weekend in the garage, just what the doctor ordered after the last month that I have had....
Kakarot 135
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Nice! going to ride like a new car :D
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

Hey do I spy a pacesetter exhaust on that?
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
kakarot135

Post by kakarot135 »

Yes, sleeper that is a pacesetter
Kakarot 135
kakarot135

Post by kakarot135 »

got started today, hopefully after dinner I will be able to finish up..

Something seems to be missing

Old parts vs new parts

Fronts are done, working on the back ones now, then oil change, motor mounts, and bleed the brakes. Should be a good evening

Jason
Kakarot 135
kakarot135

Post by kakarot135 »

Finally finished last night.

Looks much better, and much more importantly, FEELS GREAT.

I actually like the gold calipers, they look pretty good to me, nice off set of the black rims.

Now I have to find black or gold lug nuts, I never really realized how bad mine look until i looked at this picture.

I am really excited to take in on the highway in the morning on my way to work and see how she handles at speed, she feels great on the side streets by my house. My only fear is that I may get rear ended on my way to work, she hasn't stopped this quick in the 9 years that I have owned her.
Kakarot 135
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

man your old one's were in rough shape, makes me wonder if mine are worse since they're all loudly knocking XD
let us know how it feels after you drive it
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

u better put some caliper paint or powder coat those calipers or they will look like stank booty in a few winters....
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
kakarot135

Post by kakarot135 »

Drive the car to work today and I must say it felt great, brakes were extremely responsive, handling wa great, and I didnt bounce much at all. Kulluminati, I will take that under advisement. Just have to figure out a color to paint them, I kind like the gold.
Kakarot 135
kakarot135

Post by kakarot135 »

Time for a mini update, I officially have all my body pieces that I need. Gs front lip, mini sides, rear mud flaps, Gs lip spoiler, new left fender, and spare rear bumper cover. next step is to find my bp. Looking at a 92 orotege tgat was totaled in a rear end collision, hopefully I can pick up the whole car for cheap and scrap what I dont need. Once the b6 sohc is pulled it will be paint time, and engine build time.

Thanks to everyone who helped me track down parts, i'm sure I will need plenty more too.
Kakarot 135

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”