What else?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mazdags94

What else?

Post by mazdags94 »

The 94 GS I bought had a previous owner that let the car sit for almost two years. The car used to spit blue smoke terribly but now its mostly under control (prolly a lot of burn off). There are oil marks all over the place in engine bay from where it leaks, such as the valve cover and prolly down below as well ( i couldnt see). There wasnt any oil in the car when I got it, and there wasnt any coolant. There was some nice green algae or something in the coolant reservoir :evil: . All of this sparked me to do the following for peace of mind and safety:
-I am redoing all of the gaskets,
-bought new heads with cams,
-redoing valve seals (which should take care of the oil brning unless its the rings)
-New water pump
-new coolant reservoir
-new radiator
-drain, refill with all new fluids (brake, tranny, coolant, PS)
-new timing belt

My question is, is there anything else I'm missing or anything I should do in addition to these? This is just in the engine bay, I will of course replace my suspension, brakes, exhaust, etc....
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

A KLZE
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

no really.. a klze or even a klde would be MUCH cheaper than what you are doing.. to do the valve seals you may nbeed to pull the heads. bleh!

another engine is direct swap on.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

the thing is, I bought low mileage heads for 200 and the gasket set was only 100 which includes the head gaskets, valve cover gaskets, valve seals and some other seals as well, and the timing belt came with the water pump which was about 50. overall, 350 bucks to get this engine working well would be cheaper than a KLZE. I did think about it but a ZE will run me about 1000 shipped, maybe more, then I have to get a new ecu, maf, etc before its functional so that could potentially run me about 1500 before I can drive it. Also, I want to swap out my ATX for MTX and I need to be able to have the funds for that as well. All in all, with my tight budget and my want to drive the mx3 asap, this is the fastest way to do so. Trust me, I've considered the ZE already cuz I wanted it, but all in due time. I drive a 2000 grand cherokee right now and its nice, dont get me wrong, but I miss the feeling of my MX3. At first glance the ZE swap seems cheap but many of those 20-100 parts needed add up fast.

Thanks for the advice though.
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”