klze gettin put in next week have some questions

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
guino

klze gettin put in next week have some questions

Post by guino »

whats up im getting my klze put in next week aaaand i was not having any luck finding a cold air intake someone told me i had to make my own aaand i was wondering if anyone nows a good exaust company i should go with because i really have no idea
what it deww
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by umcamara »

Headers - Click Here

Exhaust - Click Here

High-flow cat + competent welder.
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

you do not want the pacesetter exhaust, i had mine for 2 months before all the welds started to rust through, plus it sounds terrible.
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by umcamara »

Mnemonic wrote:you do not want the pacesetter exhaust, i had mine for 2 months before all the welds started to rust through, plus it sounds terrible.
Good to know. I think the best bet then is to find a place that does mandrel bending (in my city there is nobody) and have them bend piping from your cat, back to a muffler of your choice.

I deleted the resonator when I redid my exhaust, and now I have a brutal raspiness at about 3000 rpm with throttle plate moderately open. Other than that, the flowmaster 60 delta flow muffler sounds awesome. It's got a nice little rumble.
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
PGT97_Racer
BANNED Member

Post by PGT97_Racer »

For a CAI, check on PSITuning.ca
DurTTy

Post by DurTTy »

when i had a KLZE on my mx6, i had a reactive short ram .. costs 60$ -100$ and its actually pretty decent. says short ram, but its actually a cold air. will fit the KLZE and its designed for the V6.

just a thought.
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

Mnemonic wrote:you do not want the pacesetter exhaust, i had mine for 2 months before all the welds started to rust through, plus it sounds terrible.
Definitely agree. The pacesetter exhaust is garbage. It doesn't sound that great and mine rusted out as well. The system even comes with a welded on Polished 3" tip........ which rusted at the welds and then fell off of my car!!! All I was left with was a bad sounding exhaust with a rusty/broken pipe sticking out the back end.
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”