BP screeching

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
lavaman

BP screeching

Post by lavaman »

ok every time... or pretty much every time i start up the car it will screech like the belts are hitting something... i checked the belts and they are good... but unless i give it gas to go above like 2000 rpm then the screeching will stay... it usually only does this when i start up the car... but last night it would do it every time i left idle and went on the gas (stoplights and stuff)... timing belt, waterpump, belts, and pulley all new...
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

tighten ur belts a loose belt might cause that noice
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

an overtightenned belt would give a nice noise too. Check the online manual for how tight it should be.
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
Shades

Post by Shades »

I bet it's your alternator/water pump belt... that one always like to make a bloody noise.
JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"
lavaman

Post by lavaman »

ok well i took off my timing belt cover and the gasket for the timing balt cover is too long by like an inch... so im gonna replace that... but if water got in there could it be causing that screeching noise? its pretty persistant now... all the time

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”