PICTURES OF TURBO MX3 PROJECT

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
osargeant

PICTURES OF TURBO MX3 PROJECT

Post by osargeant »

Hi Folks,

Here are the updated pictures of my turbocharged Mazda MX3 1.6 DOHC vehicle. Hopefully it will encourage more people to consider going the turbo route.

Let me know that you think.

http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=310985
JSpec Turbo MX3 (1.6 DOHC)
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/310985

Port and Polished Head, Ported Intake Manifold, Valve Job, GTX Manifold, Hybrid Turbo, Cone Filter, 2.5" Exhaust, 2.5" Downpipe, ACT Street Clutch, Lightened Flywheel, MSD 6A Ignition, Boost Retard and SS Coil, Magnecor Plug Wires, Denso Iridium Plugs, UR Lightened Pulley, Spearco FMIC, Turbo XS BOV & MBC, BEGI RRFPR, Supra Injectors, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, Autometer Gauges, Pivot Shift Light
osargeant

Re: PICTURES OF TURBO MX3 PROJECT

Post by osargeant »

Just recently got hold of a Nissan Skyline GTS intercooler that I am going to try to mount this week to see if I can replace the stock 323 GTX IC that I am currently using.

The Skyline GTS IC is a much more efficient IC and should help with cooling for the times when I am at 10psi as well as provide cooler temps overalls.

Will keep you updated.

Port and Polished Head, Ported Intake Manifold, Valve Job, GTX Manifold, Hybrid Turbo, Cone Filter, 2.5" Exhaust, 2.5" Downpipe, ACT Street Clutch, Lightened Flywheel, MSD 6A Ignition, Boost Retard and SS Coil, Magnecor Plug Wires, Denso Iridium Plugs, UR Lightened Pulley, Spearco FMIC, Turbo XS BOV & MBC, BEGI RRFPR, Supra Injectors, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, Autometer Gauges, Pivot Shift Light
osargeant

Post by osargeant »

Turns out the Skyline IC is a bit too thick to fit as a FMIC on the MX3 so I will look at possibly getting one of the thinner Spearco models that you see being used on many turbo projects.

quicksliver

Post by quicksliver »

Nice setup mate. However, the Pakfeifer spoiler you got there just looks too funny without a full body kit :confused2: .
UKMXV6

Post by UKMXV6 »

Just chatting to my mate, and we were wondering what extra power you get out of the turbo and is it worth going down the route of sticking a turbo/Super charger on my stock 1.8 V6. I have done nothing so far and wondering how to make things more fun, without doing the KLZE engine swap. :froggie_red:
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

I agree with Quick Silver, but overall it's a very tastefully done MX-3. Nicely done. :)
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
osargeant

Post by osargeant »

Thanks for the feedback so far.

I am hoping to borrow a GTech Competition speed meter from a friend over the weekend to perform some 1/4mile runs on the vehicle to see how it is performing.

white94mx3

Post by white94mx3 »

Hey man, looks good so far..But You need to clean up that engine bay man! Looks sooo dirrrrty! little bit of foamy brite, armorall, and some paint! :welder:
1994 Mazda MX-3 RS (Project RS-T)
DVH

Post by DVH »

Sweet bro, luv it, luv to see more guys adding some boost to their 4 bangers, im planning mone soon I hope thi ssummer! :)
Peace and keep it up :2thumbsup:
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4
osargeant

Post by osargeant »

Do you guys know of any other injectors that will work with the stock MX3 ECU that are larger than the 1.8 Miata ones that I am currently using?

Maybe I should just bite the bullet and get the S-AFC 2 and some RC 370cc injectors.

Please advise guys.

1994 MX3 1.6 DOHC (@9psi)

valenzul

Post by valenzul »

Derek,
where did you get the wrap around spoiler?

-Val

<small>[ February 09, 2004, 01:08 AM: Message edited by: valenzul ]</small>
DVH

Post by DVH »

Originally posted by valenzul:
Derek,
where did you get the wrap around spoiler?

-Val
JOrdon (airjordon) last year
Car Domain Web page MX-3
valenzul

Post by valenzul »

DVH, huh?

Jordon? Im not understanding what you posted.
I've got the supra spoiler and would like to see if I can get that same wraparoung spoiler. It looks more lowkey.

-thanks
DVH

Post by DVH »

Originally posted by valenzul:
DVH, huh?

Jordon? Im not understanding what you posted.
I've got the supra spoiler and would like to see if I can get that same wraparoung spoiler. It looks more lowkey.

-thanks
Jordon is a person on this board...i gave him my FX spoiler and he gave me the wrap around spoiler..sorry for the confusion
Car Domain Web page MX-3

Return to “Forced Induction”