front crossmember??

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Joey's mx

front crossmember??

Post by Joey's mx »

Hey guys, Just wondering- I read somewhere on here for parts that are swapable form V6 to 4cyl. that the front crossmember of the V6 would fit the 4cly. but i look at mine and it wont the holes are not there? I have it installed now..took my car to a local machine shop and they drill the holes and tapped them, but i was just wondering why the holes are not there to begine with....It is still an mx-3!!!!!
Garrendun

Re: front crossmember??

Post by Garrendun »

answer the man I was wondering the same thing
perhapsadingo8yerbaby

Post by perhapsadingo8yerbaby »

Have no idea. Thought the GS front transverse member was a straight bolt-on addition for all 4 cyl. models. Mine is a 95 4 cyl. and I didn't have to do anything but buy the t-member + 4 bolts... threaded holes were already there.
TekPmp

Post by TekPmp »

If your asking if the V6 front lower sway bar fits an RS the answer is no. One would have to swap over parts of the GS's front suspension in order to fit the sway bar. If your not talking about the front lower sway bar, i have made an a$$ of myself :)
Black 94 RS, Erebuni MS style front, OEM sideskirts, Clear signals, altezza tails, 93 seats, Civic projectors
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Originally posted by Joe's 94 RS:
If your asking if the V6 front lower sway bar fits an RS the answer is no. One would have to swap over parts of the GS's front suspension in order to fit the sway bar. If your not talking about the front lower sway bar, i have made an a$$ of myself :)
yah you did :2thumbsup:
their not talking about the Sway Bar. they wanted to know why the 4 cyl Mx3 isnt drilled for the V6 Front lower cross member. supposidly the 94-95 is drilled for it. my 95 is not, other wise i would have put one on already. but like somone said their 95 was. so i guess its the luck of the draw. the reason they probably wernt drilled is because the 4 cyl is just the base model and drilling and tapping the holes was one extra thing they didnt have to do. i dont think its going to be too difficult to do.
Joey's mx

Post by Joey's mx »

For sure like I said I had it done!! I help do it and it wasnt hard at all!! Good luck
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

I dunno why so many ppl call it a crossmember when it actually acts as a tiebar. The crossmember is the thing that bolts from the front to back of the engine bay amd supports the transmission & engine.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

Originally posted by Josh:
Originally posted by Joe's 94 RS:
yah you did :2thumbsup:
their not talking about the Sway Bar. they wanted to know why the 4 cyl Mx3 isnt drilled for the V6 Front lower cross member. supposidly the 94-95 is drilled for it. my 95 is not, other wise i would have put one on already. but like somone said their 95 was. so i guess its the luck of the draw. the reason they probably wernt drilled is because the 4 cyl is just the base model and drilling and tapping the holes was one extra thing they didnt have to do. i dont think its going to be too difficult to do.
Some may be pre drilled simply because they might have used parts that otherwise would never have gone to waste.. why create more when you can use somethign you have in a warehouse.

and i always wondered the same thing groharlem
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
perhapsadingo8yerbaby

Originally posted by Gro Harlem:
I dunno why so many ppl call it a crossmember when it actually acts as a tiebar. The crossmember is the thing that bolts from the front to back of the engine bay amd supports the transmission & engine.
Yah, I know you know this stuff Gro, but it's probably just confusion re terminology when everyone is really talking about the same part. Mazda refers to it (the front lower tiebar thingamabob :D
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

i know the proper name for it and im sure some others do it but i say crossmember anyway cuz it goes across and everyone else refers to it as crossmember so if u say anything else nobody will know what u are talking about. like my run on sentences....
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

True...just like the ppl on Probetalk think their stock engines are KL03's when no such engine exists.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

True...just like the ppl on Probetalk think their stock engines are KL03's when no such engine exists.
Oh it must exsist i read it on the internet so it has to be true.. same with the space aliens who are winning all the lotery tickets and will soon amass all the money in the world...
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
Spotted

Post by Spotted »

Ok, I don't quite understand what piece you guys are talking about.
Is it the piece that SRD Performance sells for the v6 and not the l4?
This thing?
:welder:

<small>[ June 09, 2004, 10:52 AM: Message edited by: Spotted ]</small>
:welder:
perhapsadingo8yerbaby

Originally posted by Spotted:
[QB] Ok, I don't quite understand what piece you guys are talking about. Is it the piece that SRD Performance sells for the v6 and not the l4?[QB]
Yup.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”