trunk key

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Bundy

Re: trunk key

Post by Bundy »

Once before, I broke the tiny plastic cover on the passenger side door lock, and I replaced it at mazda. First, they installed the regular oem one, and gave me the new key just for that door, so I told them to make the lock work with the original. I don't know how they did it or how it cost that much, but it turned out to be around $300 for them to match the key and install the new lock. I read other people's reply, and if you can get the master key at mazda for just $4, it's worth a try.<P>Bungo<P>I bought my mx-3 new at mazda and everything works fine until I brake it.
Bundy

Post by Bundy »

One more thing about mazda key. I like the original parts very much and I order some parts at mazda once in a while. One day, I wanted the new mazda key with black rubberon it, and told them to order 2 of them for me. They didn't understand me correctly and gave me the plain metal key which doesn't say anything about mazda anywhere on the key. I told them to order exactly the same key with rubber, and they finally got them. I believe it was around $10 each and they cut the key right there. I usually keep the keys together, but new ones look nice and clean. Also you can keep that as a spare.<P>bungo
valkyire

Post by valkyire »

i have a strange problem with my hatch. It takes 2 people to open it. i have to pull on the lever inside the drivers side, while someone turns the key and pulls up on the hatch. Any clues as to why? [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
polak_gino

Post by polak_gino »

i have obsolutly no problem opening my hatch with my key
> Toronto MX-3 Club
> My Car Audio Install
> ProMazda.com

Metalic Green '92 GS 5-Speed
anjin1982

Post by anjin1982 »

try getting a can of wd-40 (oil)with the little straw put the straw on spray inside the lock see if that helps my mx was hard to turn the key i tryed it and it work i spray it every 2 weeks or so
http://members.cardomain.com/anjin1982
Maintaining my MX-3 in it's natural beauty state...Although i love the modded one's!!!
nksmx-3

Post by nksmx-3 »

my hatch is weird you have to push down on it until it makes a poping noise then the key will unlock it. i dont get it [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
late night conversations turn into a fight, and all the years youve been frustrated finaly subside, and you walk away, to face the day, alone.
closer

Post by closer »

be careful with the WD-40 thing cuz past experience says it will eventually rust and seize up your door locks... every year for a few anyway I've had problems opening one or all of my locks during the winter because of this... I've switched to "Slick n Shine" from Home Hardware... silicone based and not as prone to rusting...<P>have also gone through about 4 different keys... have found that if one doesn't work you can take it back to your local hardware and have them buff it until it does... don't know why this works but it does...<P>I also carry an extra key for when my eventually breaks... these things are too narrow, so don't force them in the winter... first they bend, then they break!

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”