highest hp that a bpt or b6t

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
ikedogg

Re: highest hp that a bpt or b6t

Post by ikedogg »

doesn't the f25m-r come stock on the sohc mx3's? [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img] i would assume it's capabilities to be quite limited if that is the case
and konstantine is walking down the stairs...
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ike92gs:<BR><STRONG>doesn't the f25m-r come stock on the sohc mx3's? [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img] i would assume it's capabilities to be quite limited if that is the case</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>yeah, the F series boxes are NOT strong. Ive seen one blow with an FS engine (122hp) without any real modifications just due to hard race launches on Hoosiers.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
white94mx3

Post by white94mx3 »

Fort Myers National Tour and Solo? what's that and when are they!?
1994 Mazda MX-3 RS (Project RS-T)
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by white94mx3:<BR><STRONG>Fort Myers National Tour and Solo? what's that and when are they!?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR><A HREF="http://www.scca.org/amateur/solo2/nat_tour/index.html" TARGET=_blank>This is what the National Tour is</A><BR><A HREF="http://www.scca.org/amateur/solo2/prosolo/index.html" TARGET=_blank>This is what the ProSolo is</A>
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
valenzul

Post by valenzul »

The 1.6 SOHC has the F25MR<BR> 1.6 DOHC has the same, but different gearing. Same tranny from the 1.8 SOHC BP.<BR>The Protege LX 1.8 DOHC has the G5MR which is stronger and has bigger diameter flywheel.<BR> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
atila

Post by atila »

Anybody evertried a automatic transmission with a shift kit. Him pretty sure if it's well done it could handle a good punch. We have (work in a automatic trans shop)done a automatic for a mustang saleen 2002 supercharge and the guy put about 5g in the motor after getting it from the dealer it been 5 month he has since changed the motor because he blown it and the transmission his still holding.
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

The Pro-LX tranny is the G25M-R, same as V6 MX-3 GS. The differance is the Pro-LX's G25M-R uses a different diff & axles than than the MX-3 GS's G25M-R. Those of you looking for a affordable GOOD limited slip setup...wait a little longer! The new MAZDASPEED protege it using the a diff that is swapable into the 90-94 Pro-LX G25M-R tranny, you'll also have to swap stub shafts though. <p>This info came from me talking to Derick @ Corksport. I believe he said the set up will run around $1000.<p>My B6T is pushing an estimated 200-210WHP. My friend has a Honda Del Sol Si w/ a LS-VTEC Frankinstien swap w/ than bolt ons cams n all. It's pushing around 190WHP. My car pulls on him, but I can only make up for about 3-4 of the 5 cars he gained on me in the 60ft area....after we are out of the hole I can almost catch him at the 1/4 mile mark. He was running his drag radials n rims w/ a limited slip diff. I had a open diff with 215/40/16 Nitto NT-450 street tires, 2" crush bent down pipe, & 2.5" crush bent exhaust at the time. Now the exhaust is 2.5" turbo-back and 245/45/16 Khumo 712 Ecstas going up front on my Pacer Rage 16x7 race rims (street setup). Hopefully I'll also have the 400HP Hybrid Ball Bearing turbo (bolts right on to stock manifold) along with the MSD 6-BTM ignition & maybe even some Micky's or Hoosier drag slicks on. The turbo will only be running about 14psi untill I get the bottom end done. Then it will be running 30psi on the track. Later it'll get NX Direct port 150HP wet N2O, NX N-tercooler chiller kit, Extrude Honed manifolds, larger valves w/ 8 angle race port head, custom mods to drive train, & a few other nasty tricks.<p>It's all gonna add up to around 550-600WHP in a few years (I'm a poor racer). I'm shooting for high 9sec to low 10sec 1/4 mile with full interrior still in the car.<p>My New Year's resolution......
My B6T powered MX-3 is gonna hit at least 11.99sec in the 1/4mile this summer running on LOW boost (14psi). ;)<p>[ January 01, 2003: Message edited by: JWMotorsports ]</p>
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

the new LSD off the Mazdaspeed Protege is listed by mazda at under 500 bucks. Corksport is trying to rip you off.<p>Next, the trannies' case is totally different and not interchangeable between the protege and MX-3. However, the internals, except for as you noted, are the same, so the diff should fit without issues.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

That was a roundabout price. Derick said the diff itself was maybe $600. The other (not yet determined) price along with the diff was for the custom stub shafts that they have to custom mill. I'll have to wait till they come up with an actual package price before I decide on buying. <p>Thanks for the info about MAZDASPEEDS pricing!
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Why dont you get refurb axles at Canadian Tire (if your canadian), they have lifetime warranties :D
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Nd4SpdSe:
Why dont you get refurb axles at Canadian Tire (if your canadian), they have lifetime warranties :D <hr></blockquote><p>Because those wont fit the new LSD.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

Even if I made them fit.....I think they would think somethings up after I twisted a couple of their drive shafts completly in half in the a only a month. 600HP would SHREAD stock axles. The stock axles are said to hold up to 300HP (Corksport's data). That's why I'll be going with custom www.driveshaftshop.com axles.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”