aftermarket rear control arms/trailing arms???

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
crazycanadian

Re: aftermarket rear control arms/trailing arms???

Post by crazycanadian »

WhiteFinish wrote:Getting into an old topic.

Anybody tried this set for his mx3?
Shouldn't be any different then on my 323... The arm's are built to the same length... My 323's suspension is all Mx3 parts...

Not sure if anyone else has bought and been running them though.. I have had 2 complete years driving on my set.. Both daily driving and autocross... no signs of wear or failures yet...
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by kulluminati777 »

Oh man i forgot all about these. Well I know what my tax check purchase is going to be :D
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

kulluminati777 wrote:Oh man i forgot all about these. Well I know what my tax check purchase is going to be :D
Do it ! 8)
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

WhiteFinish wrote:
kulluminati777 wrote:Oh man i forgot all about these. Well I know what my tax check purchase is going to be :D
Do it ! 8)
lol ill be the MX3 test dummy. I just bought them a few days ago. They should be done in 2 weeks. I cant wait :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

You will like them.. did you get Jim to add a tab for the sway bar? I am not sure if he does that automatically because the arms were originally designed for rally cars.. it look at my build thread and that you will see how to make your own end links to attach the sway bar since the stock end links done work
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

I made a set of endlinks a looong time ago but ill need to make a new pair. The ones i have a made out of cheap hiem joints. I was told they might not last long. Yeah i remembered the tab for the sway bar. I almost forgot to tell him too lol. I cant wait to get them. He said they take 2 weeks because he has to get the parts from like all over the place. Im in no hurry as I wont put them on until my new sway bars arrive which will be a month or so.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Do a little right up when you install them, I'm sure it's pretty cut and dry but it would be interesting to have your perspective.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Hey crazycanadian, did you paint or powder coat the "bushings" for the arms I know ill have to do the arms. Because my bushings are just bare steel. Have you ran these bars through a winter or is your car a summer only?
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

kulluminati777 wrote:Hey crazycanadian, did you paint or powder coat the "bushings" for the arms I know ill have to do the arms. Because my bushings are just bare steel. Have you ran these bars through a winter or is your car a summer only?
I took the hiem joints out painted eeverything in bed liner... i ran the arms threw 1 winter..One thing i would do is make rubber bushings to go between the washers and he I'm joints. This will help keep stuff out of them
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

ok ill go see what i can find when i go get paint. I also go the bushings separate from the arms so im going to set them up as close as possible to the pics you posted then post pics. Could you verify there correct. After i get time to put pics up
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

kulluminati777 wrote:ok ill go see what i can find when i go get paint. I also go the bushings separate from the arms so im going to set them up as close as possible to the pics you posted then post pics. Could you verify there correct. After i get time to put pics up
I have mine out of the car right now... When I go to set them up this friday I will take pictures and label them for you...
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

ok thank you. Jim just had the bushing company send them to me directly and he said he would try and find a picture of how they go. He couldnt tell me as he said he hasnt personally assembled a set in 5 years *cough *cough bullsh*t but hey whatever. I told him it was cool because i knew you had a set and i could ask you....

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”