'94 KLZE w/ a side of WHAT THE *#&@

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
RX8SE3P

Re: '94 KLZE w/ a side of WHAT THE *#&@

Post by RX8SE3P »

Wow that's ridiculous. If you lived in Australia I'd sell you my fuel rails for cheap. Try get a cheap curved neck manifold with fuel rails tb vris etc. Then you'll have some spares just in case.
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

Wow...

Why would you put 2 full pressure regulators on the rails ?
It looks to be on the feed side while I should only be on the return side.

Can't you buy a bolt that fit's in there, attach your fuel hose en use some good sealant.
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
RobMinhas
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by RobMinhas »

I'm pretty sure gas would eat through most sealants so be careful with that.

Why not just hit a junk yard and grab a fuel rail from a DE?
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
canadienne

Post by canadienne »

ahhh well I said it was a disaster... I wasn't kidding.
DE I can find. That's my project for this weekend.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

canadienne wrote:ahhh well I said it was a disaster... I wasn't kidding.
DE I can find. That's my project for this weekend.
There were like four or five at the 52nd one last week and they don't move cars very often so they'd probably have it.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Ok, so here's the plan. You drive to Ontari airi ario and you buy my 94 MX6. DE runs perfect, goodyear asurance tires on motegi rims are 80% and the car runs great just recently Etested. You drive it back, pull the engine, strip off other parts like brake parts for your MX3 and your gold. :D :wink:
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
canadienne

Post by canadienne »

Since our last episode:
- the manifold has been given the blessing to return to the block with some fancy real gaskets
- the vacuum and fuel lines have been replaced
- the fuel rails were replaced with ones that work... hallelujah.

I turned the key and it ran. See that? Past tense. It idled high but lower than it did and it wasn't pouring gas everywhere so a small victory.
Now it was time to dork about with TPS sensors to drop that idle down from 1200rpm to something less... awful. Upon beginning this task notice the TPS has lines painted on it. Guess what! Already adjusted, still doesn't work. Achieve with only mild frustration 900rpm but the second you decide to drive it the idle bounces from pre-stall shudder to 1000rpm. Give up for the night, begin looking at a $700 Saturn because MX-3 rage.
Attempt to replace TB with a KLDE-- which for the record is not compatible. The IAC is on the wrong side for me-- where the DE has both TPS and IAC on the same side, my beast has the IAC under the throttle linkage and the TPS near the fuel rails. So just kidding-- replace the suspect TPS (voltage test at WOT gave out 10v). Adjusted correctly and installed, time for a moment of truth.
Oh haaai 1100rpm.
Screw adjustment drops it to 900rpm but the bouncing idle reappears. Time to pull some codes. Keep in mind I'm running a KL01 ECU which isn't ideal but it's all I have (my original is some weird K38 dealy with an unknown chip installed).
Code 69-- ECTF.
Replaced. Clear the ECU. Start the car and....
**drumroll**
Bouncing idle! 1100rpm! WOT test and it tries to stall! Hooray!

$!&@ :twisted:
Redline322

Post by Redline322 »

Are you using the factory airbox setup or a CAI? I'd guess that you might have a small leak somewhere around there, lessening the vaccuum for the intake and vaf to do its job. Also, check your ignition timing, make sure that is good as well.
93 323 Bp'd, Front and rear strut braces, Mx-3 seats, JDM headlights and grill SOLD
93 Mx-3 GS Curved-Neck KLZE, 5 speed Conversion, Fidanza Flywheel, Cross Drilled Rotors
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

I'm also curious what ECU you had in there originally, and what VAF is on the car.
Cody
Redline322

Post by Redline322 »

He said his original ecu was a kl38 that was chipped, so that would be from a 94 PGT I believe and he's now using a kl01, so he should be using the kl02 vaf.
93 323 Bp'd, Front and rear strut braces, Mx-3 seats, JDM headlights and grill SOLD
93 Mx-3 GS Curved-Neck KLZE, 5 speed Conversion, Fidanza Flywheel, Cross Drilled Rotors
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Ok, stupid question but, did you jump TEN and Gnd in the diag box when you were adjusting the idle?
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
canadienne

Post by canadienne »

it's a JE50 MAF that it came to me with, a stock air box to replace my backyard mechanic cold air intake, and a KL01 ECU from a 94 MX-6. Yes, it was jumped when we messed around with the idle-- initially not in order to obtain the continuity readings for the right setting (and because the TB was out). Afterwards, yes, it was jumped.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

94 MX-6 ECU uses a KL02 vaf not the JE-50, that could be the root of this problem.
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
7477th member.

RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

hah yes je50 will make the idle bitchier than a pregnant hormonal wife. must use kl02 vaf with a klde ecu.
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

Not to hijack, but the answer would benefit Canadienne. Does the TB matter? I have a k8 intake and TB with DE, DE ecu, and KL02 VAF, and it runs well, but idles quite rough.
Cody

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”