mx3_ryder's 93 GS ZE aka "SMURF"

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
benyandthejets
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: mx3_ryder's 93 GS ZE

Post by benyandthejets »

mx3_ryder wrote:I wonder if 215/45/17's are gonna be too much tire after I lower the car on ebiach's or H&R's? The roads are terrible up here in the northeastern part of Vermont so hence more rubber.
How wide are those wheels? You might need to camber a bit if the wheel+rim is too tall.
mx3_ryder wrote:Image
ZE is running super smooth again!! Got it timed the first attempt. :D Time to start the body work!! Actually have already started sanding but don't have any pics yet, will take some along the way. :)

I Cut 2.250" inches out of my stock shifter and welded it back together, can't even tell where the weld is.
Good stuff! Cheaper than buying a short shifter.
93 Blaze Red GS
mx3_ryder
antispam: No

Post by mx3_ryder »

benyandthejets wrote:
mx3_ryder wrote:I wonder if 215/45/17's are gonna be too much tire after I lower the car on ebiach's or H&R's? The roads are terrible up here in the northeastern part of Vermont so hence more rubber.
How wide are those wheels? You might need to camber a bit if the wheel+rim is too tall.
mx3_ryder wrote:Image
ZE is running super smooth again!! Got it timed the first attempt. :D Time to start the body work!! Actually have already started sanding but don't have any pics yet, will take some along the way. :)

I Cut 2.250" inches out of my stock shifter and welded it back together, can't even tell where the weld is.
Good stuff! Cheaper than buying a short shifter.
Yes, much cheaper and feels great combined with the new bronze bushings. I'll snap an installed pic sometime...
mx3_ryder

Post by mx3_ryder »

The first bumper I had needed to be stripped entirely because of chipping and cracking. Uh, but then I found one in my parts pile behind my house that I didn't even know I kept. Haha. This one was teal and didn't need to be stripped because the finish is perfect on this one. All I had to do was take the lip off the red bumper and put it on the teal one which was a pain. I had a hard time finding the correct plastic push rivets with philips head. When I did find them at one of the three local parts stores I grabbed a dozen of them since I would need some for the splash guards and euro skirts. I've got the bumper and hood prepped and primed and currently filling and sanding out the dents on the car. I am waiting to get a welder for Saturday so I can weld the holes that were made from sheet rock screws where the side skirts used to be. Getting there guys, should be done and painted within a month. Only have 1 day a week to work on her. Working 62 hours a week , renovating my house and getting ready for the new born. :D
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Car is coming along nicely!!

I always get so jealous when I see people doing body/paint work... I took 2 afternoons to do a rattle-can paintjob, but I've been meaning to get a true "proper" paintjob for quite a while now.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
mx3_ryder

Post by mx3_ryder »

Hey thanks man... Just need the concept, right tools and anyone can do it. Getting all the high and low spots and having a smooth transition between filler and body is key. Doesn't matter how many small coats of filler I use, I will not spray it until i've got it smooth.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

If only I had the patience, and a good space to work on it...

Maybe if somebody local was good at that type of thing, I would give learning it a shot. The internet just isn't quite the same I'm afraid...
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
DRAG323

Post by DRAG323 »

Nice
AaronTietje

Post by AaronTietje »

The progress is coming along nicely. I would suggest painting the lip and bumper separately (if you haven't already). Heaven forbid you should crack your front lip off, but if you did,your bumper would be the correct color underneath. :shrug:
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
mx3_ryder

Post by mx3_ryder »

Great idea Aaron. :) I thought of that actually because I don't want the paint and clear to crack and chip where the lip comes up againt the bumper, so yes I'm going to paint them seperate.
mx3_ryder

Post by mx3_ryder »

These are not up to date pics but just shows some of the progress I've made lately. All dents and screw holes are filled, smoothed and primed now. Gotta pick up some more high build primer and sealer and then sand for top coat. Decided I will be removing doors for the painting process along with painting pretty much everything off the car. Last couple pics shows bumper on the car cause I just had to see what it looked like. Also wanted to make sure all was well with bolting it before paint cause I had to modify some things. I will post some more up to date pics soon. Getting excited to get it done and also even more excited for the birth of my son here in a few weeks. Later... :D
mx3_ryder

Post by mx3_ryder »

Paint job on hold until end of July...

My son was born on the 18th and I'm enjoying all my off time with my family. :D

So close to having it done though... All body work is complete, just got to tape the car off and shoot it. :wink:
AaronTietje

Post by AaronTietje »

Congrats on the new addition to the family. :2thumbsup:
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
mx3_ryder

Post by mx3_ryder »

Thanks Aaron... :)
mx3_ryder

Post by mx3_ryder »

Everyone likes pics... Bodywork complete minus a couple of small dents on the doors that I found later on and still need to be filled. :wink:
Finished and sealed quarter... :D

Paint was peeling on the hatch... Little compressed air took care of most of it, then just feathered it in.
The dozen or so screw holes from the previous full aftermarket sides filled, primed and sealed.

Holy euro mini's... 8)

Caleb T
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Caleb T »

I'm liking your car. I want to get a wrap around for my car... I will also be running mini sides, flaps, and front lip. I LOVE the cleeeean factory look.
Keep up the good work, and congrats on the new addition! 8)
ZOOM-ZOOM

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”