Build Video/Race Compilation of my LS1 RX7

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
Miguelitto

Re: Build Video/Race Compilation of my LS1 RX7

Post by Miguelitto »

nice project, I had never heard about this swap, and when i read the topic I never imagined that in the end it would be an amazing project....

congrats.....
Never run faster than your angel can fly!........ My angel has NOS
My worklog || Brazil => http://www.mx3zone.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Nice car man, some solid times too. The weight distribution really stays close to stock? Tempting...
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

mattster03

Nice car, well put together. I thought I recognized the track! Do you ever go out to any local RX7 club or Mazda meets in the area?

There is actually one tonight at the Northgate Mall, you should come if you can. PM me I will send you the details.
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

Great video man... You must not live to far to come up to mission to race???

It was funny to see your first run out at mission... I was there that day watching the drags and saw your runs...

You'll have to bring it up for some track days and take it around the road course this summer... :) Maybe even a couple autocross days... :mrgreen:
mattster03

Post by mattster03 »

Josh wrote:mattster03

Nice car, well put together. I thought I recognized the track! Do you ever go out to any local RX7 club or Mazda meets in the area?

There is actually one tonight at the Northgate Mall, you should come if you can. PM me I will send you the details.
Damn, saw this a few days late... yes I do like getting together a few times a year with the Mazda guys. I used to always attend the MX-West meets waaaay back in the day; not sure if this club even exists anymore?
1992 Mazda MX-3 GS
1993 Mazda RX7 R1, LS1/T56 Swap, 10.943 @ 130mph
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mattsterrx7
mattster03

Post by mattster03 »

crazycanadian wrote:Great video man... You must not live to far to come up to mission to race???

It was funny to see your first run out at mission... I was there that day watching the drags and saw your runs...

You'll have to bring it up for some track days and take it around the road course this summer... :) Maybe even a couple autocross days... :mrgreen:
Yeah, I live in Bellingham, work in Lynden so I'm pretty darn close to the track on fridays... usually just drive to work with the slicks on and head straight out haha! My goal for this year is to get more into autoX and road course. Is there an autocross club up in BC? Sounds like the property we use locally is no longer available so we are scrambling to find a new club...
1992 Mazda MX-3 GS
mattster03

Post by mattster03 »

MrMazda92 wrote:Nice car man, some solid times too. The weight distribution really stays close to stock? Tempting...
Here's a typical post swap weight and distribution:

1992 Mazda MX-3 GS
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

mattster03 wrote:
crazycanadian wrote:Great video man... You must not live to far to come up to mission to race???

Yeah, I live in Bellingham, work in Lynden so I'm pretty darn close to the track on fridays... usually just drive to work with the slicks on and head straight out haha! My goal for this year is to get more into autoX and road course. Is there an autocross club up in BC? Sounds like the property we use locally is no longer available so we are scrambling to find a new club...
There are 2 main clubs up here that run autocross... www.ubcscc.com and www.vcmc.ca.... Both clubs also run open lapping days out at mission on the road course during the summer as well...

Do you run with Chuckanut Sports Car Club????
mattster03

Post by mattster03 »

crazycanadian wrote:
mattster03 wrote:

There are 2 main clubs up here that run autocross... http://www.ubcscc.com and http://www.vcmc.ca.... Both clubs also run open lapping days out at mission on the road course during the summer as well...

Do you run with Chuckanut Sports Car Club????
Yes, I run with CSCC... last year was my first year though. I will definitely have to look into the road course at Mission!
1992 Mazda MX-3 GS
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

mattster03 wrote:
Josh wrote:mattster03

Damn, saw this a few days late... yes I do like getting together a few times a year with the Mazda guys. I used to always attend the MX-West meets waaaay back in the day; not sure if this club even exists anymore?
Oh yeah, there are still a couple of us around still. I think I joined MX-West in 02' was pretty active up until 06'. There are several local meets around if you haven't already check out MazdasNW and NW-Built there are weekly and monthly meets to come out to.
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

You might be up this way autocrossing sooner then you think.... UBCSCC might help them put on a couple events...

We have a winter slush event coming up on the 22nd...
ethand
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by ethand »

Wow, awesome build! Looks super tidy... Great video, too - real well put together :)
Thanks a stack for sharing this :)
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”