Tunes67 - 92 MX-3 GS

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Re: Tunes67 - 92 MX-3 GS

Post by Tunes67 »

Pretty sure its not the original blaze red. I am not sure what color it is.. but it is pretty close to the original. It matches the rear mudflaps pretty well and those are brand new unfaded blaze red. But there are more than a few indicators that the car has been repainted at least one time. When I get the pics of the car with the wrap around spoiler and rear mudflaps on a original rear bumper, you will be able to see the color difference pretty easily. And believe me.. the car is definitely a Monet.. (Looks great from a distance.. kinda ugly up close LOL) But eventually the body work and paint will get done. I am very pleased about the performance of the car and its reliability so far. It handles way better than my RS ever did. I think I will do a minor lowering on it eventually just to enhance that a bit more.

In anycase.. its time for another wash job on her this week and then I will get new pics and post up. Cheers

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Sorry I haven't followed up with pics yet.. though I did get the sunroof replaced and working properly. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it), I have started a new job and I have started classes at my local community college on machining and CNC machining. My new job will be as a laser marking tech, marking on medical/surgical equipment. Long story short, I will be doing 14-15 hour days more or less till the end of March. Job starts at 7am to 3:30pm, then off to school from 4-9:15. School is only Mon - Thur, so I get a small break on fridays, but that will likely be study time. Anyway.. this will all eventually lead to me being able to make cool stuff for my GS ;) My posts will probably be random and limited for a while longer.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)

Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

This post has had 9868 views. Wow
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

that's because TUNES67 is AWESOME :D lol
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

AWESOME? LOL Nahh.. Since I was in the neighborhood.. figured I would stop in and mention the installation of new strut mounts and KYB GR2 Struts.. The originals were pretty bad.. Finally got the motor mounts replaced as well.. much better. New calipers up front, rotors & pads all around. (Rear calipers were in surprisingly good shape for a mitsushitsi produced part). I got tired of the damn mechanical oil pressure gauge leaking so I swapped it out for a electrical one.. still the same CF Autometer.. but its a short sweep instead of a full sweep.. I like the full sweep better. I picked up some Euro side skirts from Mooneggs back in June (thanks man) and Josh has been helping me finish repairing my front lip. Gonna make a trip to canada soon and raid a junk yard for the wrap around spoiler caps I am missing. Car has been running decent with good K8 power.. but.. well.. I bought me another car.. ;) This past saturday I bought a 1993 626 5spd car for $400. ;) The engine is knocking.. but likely it wont be too far gone.. soooo.. with a complete donor car available.. can you say DE swap boys n girls? ;) I knew you could.. oh and as a bonus I get rid of the 3 gear grind in my current 5spd and might even get better freeway mileage too boot :D Is it just me or do these cars just keep getting better with age? ;) I keep promising pics.. and someday.. I might even get around too it LOL Before the summer is done.. I will get some pics up :) Cheers

Tunes67

SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

October 2008... to August 2009. Wow, it's been forever, we miss you over here.
You had two mx-3's right? a 4 banger and a 6?
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Yeah.. getting ready to sell the RS though. Its a good car.. but well... its a 4 cyl ATX.. and I have a 6cyl MTX that gets similar gas mileage. I also have a B2000 as a spare vehicle.. so since the GS is doing well.. Gonna sell the RS while its blue book value is freakishly high.. in FAIR condition right now (which its in GOOD mechanical condition) its worth $1945 :shock: So I will return the ignition system to stock and put it on the market in a couple of weeks. I am done with school now.. and my new job lets me dink with the internet at break times.. so I will be back around a bit more now :)

Tunes67

mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

glad to see your still around man, its been awhile since we talked.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Still kickin around a bit ;) I installed some ebay HID Projectors on my GS. I was skeptical about them when I bought them, but couldnt see a comparable solution to replacing my utterly crap stock originals. Both were in bad bad shape and it was just too much to get glass euro ones. Plus then I would always be paranoid about a rock chip on the glass ones and how difficult it would be to replace one that got cracked or broken. So.. I did the projectors.. and I got to say.. they fit excellent. The wiring harness plugs were a bit on the cheap side, but functioned after the tabs were straightened out properly. The lighting is bright and easily 20X better than what I had.. I can speed at night now too!!! :D I found a set of black electric door panels in a junk yard a couple of weeks ago.. will get these cleaned up and installed soon and that will complete my interior conversion to full black w/ the silver headliner. Looks pretty decent :) I will get it detailed and shined up again soon. With pics to follow :)

Cheers

Tunes67

Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Well I am finally updating this worklog. The car is now painted with shaved door handles and shaved antenna. I would have posted pics here but when I preview the pics the car looks almost pink.. dunno why it tints the pics.. so I posted pics up on the MX-3.com facebook page. I have all the goodies on it now too, wrap around spoiler, euro side skirts, front and rear mud flaps and the front lip are all done and looking good.

Notable upgrade...

Falken 912 tires.. not the stickiest ones I could have gotten but a nice compromise and should last 4 years or so.

I did salvage the transmission from the 626 as well as the entire underhood wiring harness. Including the MAF. I also kept the ECU as well. Unfortunately the engine turned out to have a spun rod bearing and the crank was hosed. Not worth rebuilding it since a new crank costs more than a complete separate engine from either a engine importer or a junk yard (talking DE here not ZE). So for the time being my plans for a DE swap are in limbo, it will happen eventually but since the K8 is solid, I dont have to hurry to get it done. Plus I am planning to get both the intake and valve covers powder coated before the engine is installed into my ride. Once thats done.. I might let people see the engine bay too LOL

Cheers

Tunes67

Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Holy WL revival! Welcome back my friend ;)

I might have a couple of pictures from the CS meet I can post for you
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

wow revival from the dead!

Welcome back Tunes! Glad to see your still around 8)
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Yes yes, welcome back!! Any chance you still have the RS rollin' around?? :D
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Sorry on the RS, I sold it a bit over a year ago.. too its credit.. I paid $1600 for that car and even though I spent a lot repairing and updating the maintenance of that car.. I was able to sell it for $1700. First car I have ever owned that I was able to get more for it when I sold it than I originally paid for it. Though if I ever sold my GS.. that would happen again too since I bought the car for only $225 ;)

Anyway.. I am still around a bit.. I read a few posts here and there and will likely have my GS for 10 more years easy. Its in good mechanical condition, fun to drive, cheap to insure and easy to get parts for. I dont check either this site or facebook often, so while I will eventually answer.. it may take a bit. If its important.. let Mooneggs or Josh know and they know how to get in touch with me in a hurry ;) Cheers

Tunes67

Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

Because I love how your car turned out and I think they are amazing, I'm posting your pics on here too (they are the same ones on facebook)... anyways if they still look pink to you, I will take them down (they don't look pink to me)...

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”