need quick answer

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
_lithium_
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

need quick answer

Post by _lithium_ »

Ok, I've been breezing through the FAQ and looking at custom Cold air intakes and what not, can someone give me the dimensions of the Throttle body on a 92 MX-3 GS (V6 K8)? Is it 2.5"? Also, can I fit the VAF into the bottom of an K&N air filter without using a coupler? I'm trying to compile a list of items I need to buy to put it all together so any advice would be awesome!
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Re: need quick answer

Post by mikeinaus »

_lithium_

Post by _lithium_ »

What would I do about the vac hose that goes to the FPR?
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Post by mikeinaus »

read the guide i posted. link is under the pic.

oh do you mean the nipple that goes to the egr that is on the filter box of the stock intake? i cut a hole in a coupler and hot glued a connector (nipple) in place. that needs to have vacuum with open throttle but no vacuum at idle so id put it as close to the filter as possible.
_lithium_

Post by _lithium_ »

:D I put that vac hose on the second connector right below the TB since it fit almost perfectly for now. (gonna change it a bit down the road though).

Thanks for all the tips! BTW I know the setup may look funky but it worked out quite well and rests about 1" above the the bottom plastic cover under the car, i know this may not be a technical "cold air intake" but my other accordian tube thing was shredded and held together with duct tape and electric tape haha.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”