unclegregs - MX-3 GS

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: unclegregs - MX-3 GS

Post by fowljesse »

I'm surprised I'm the 1st to say DON'T CUT YOUR SPRINGS!
It's dangerous! I like the way the civics match the grill of the bumper....almost looks natural. I have the same lights, but kept the OEM shape, but made them a little bigger.
I want to find carbon fiber really cheap!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

DAYUM!! Those are the best install of the projector civic light I have seen!! :welder: :mrgreen:

PS: VERY nice work on the shaved hatch! Welcome to the club! Glad to see someone else did the idea!
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
unclegreg

Post by unclegreg »

Thanks. Got the inspiration from your car regarding the hatch. Hope you dont mind on that. It's the small changes that makes the whole difference. :wink:

Not good to cut springs. It probably would have been perfect if I installed somre serious speakers in the back, but I want it as light as possible, so the interior is pretty much two seats.. :lol:

I have found a guy in Europe that imports KLZE engines btw. 1050 E included shipping to the door isnt too bad I guess? Dont really want to import from US considering VAT/TAX and the distance if anything goes wrong.
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Dali »

car sure is looking good, i was thinking of removing the small rear window as well but im short and its hard to see out of the hatch and even more so since its got a pretty dark tint on it.
1993 White gs klze.
unclegreg

Post by unclegreg »

I took the car for a drive some days ago. Was very fun to drive it again, it has spent more time in the garage than on the roads..
The spoiler is a little to high but i dont do anything on it for this season. Currently lokking for new 18" Oz superturismo. Think they would suit better than the current 17" ace monaco. Also have som plans of making a CF hood but i guess im i a bit too lazy to start.. :roll:
unclegreg

Post by unclegreg »

For now i'm just enjoying to drive it. :D
acexl

Post by acexl »

me fried me friend ...i has to say, u car is one sexy smoth shiny black beast *_____*
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

very nice. Looks really modern with the projectors and the bumper styling. Welcome to massive spoiler club :lol: I honestly think it works for the mx3 though, helps break up the massive hatch window.
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

marcdh wrote:very nice. Looks really modern with the projectors and the bumper styling. Welcome to massive spoiler club :lol: I honestly think it works for the mx3 though, helps break up the massive hatch window.
I agree... that's a great description... a modern mx-3... much sharper lines on the front almost makes it look faster
unclegreg

Post by unclegreg »

Well, I have sold the car now. Tomorrow i'm probably gonna buy another one. A US-spec imported from California. This time im planning on focus on performance. I've got a little better budget this time if i can get the car cheap.

List on what to do:
KL-ZE
New exedy clutch,cambelt and waterpump
Headers
2,5" exhaust, big rear muffler
Probinator chip
Lowering springs
17" rims, OZ Superturismo maybe
Projector Headlights

I like how they look stock. All you need is a lowering and nice rims. I have became more and more anti aftermarket bodykits. Mazdaspeed front bumper and sideskirts looks very nice though but are impossible to get your hands on in this country..

I'm thinking of painting it in matt white. That would be cool and unusual.

It has autamtic seatbelts.. :? I guess i could change these to standard ones? Since one side is not functioning properly.

Should be very fun to get another mx3... i've totally fallen in love with these cars.. :love2:
unclegreg

Post by unclegreg »

Well, the list above is completed. Also Mazdaspeed front and US long sideskirts. I have welded new arches back and there is some bodywork to be done. But I will be painting it White (BWM Alpine) in a couple of weeks. Also doing a carbon fiber bonnet but havent got ny further than doing the mold for it. I am a student now so there isnt really that much money to put on it nowadays.. :)
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Got any photos? Sounds intereting
unclegreg

Post by unclegreg »

This is all i got and it isnt that interesting really. Looks kind of bad without the sideskirts mounted. :)
The good news (also mentioned in the V6 section) is that the KLZE is performing as it should now. Had some problems at higher rpms with it but it seems to be solved now. Spent many hours trying to find out what was wrong. Very glad it wasnt the cambelt that had slipped.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Ah, well that looks like a good base, hopefully you will keep it clean without any rediculous add ons.. So far it looks promising.

Cant wait to see the end result
AaronTietje
antispam: No

Post by AaronTietje »

I def. like where your new red 3 is headed over your old build. Nice work keep it up. 8)
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”