MFactory LSD Info

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
marcdh

MFactory LSD Info

Post by marcdh »

Just compiling info related to installing the MFactory LSD.

F520-17-628_____primary shaft locking nut_______$15.38
G501-17-629A____secondary shaft locking nut____$12.25
G501-17-341A____speedo ring gear____________$10.56
F00327238B_____Axle Seals__________________$5.54
G56217330______black cover "housing extension"_$27.26

Taller 5th gear parts
G560-17-611C___primary gear________________$65
G514-17-308____secondary gear______________$102

I can't guarantee these parts are definately right yet... My trannys in bits, I'll be ordering most of these tomorrow :)

OnlineMazdaParts.com Cheap OEM parts
Russian EPC (mostly english anyway)
IMazda.com LSD installation guide -requires registration but is 100% worth it!
Full transmission rebuild manual -excessive for installing LSD, use IMazda.com guide :)
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: MFactory LSD Info

Post by Mooneggs »

I was thinking about replacing the 5th gear in mine as well :wink:

Thank you for this info sir!! :welder:
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Thanks, man! You're awsome! I was getting ready to lok up this info, by procrastinating. I can't believe it finally paid off!! I'm thinking about going with 16" tires to extend the effect, and fill the wheelwells better.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

So, I guess these are all correct, and all you need?
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I have a pdf copy of the Madza G-series transmission rebuild manual. If someone could figure out how to host it on the website and post a link in the V6 faq I think it would be worthwhile.

I also have the actual Electronic Parts Catalogue on my computer at home. "therieldeal" on CP.com got me hooked up. It's very simple and super helpful. If you were to ask nicely I'm sure he'd help you out too.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I can't download anything where I am, and I have 9 more days in here :?
Has anyone else here installed this thing?
BlackMazdaMx-3

Post by BlackMazdaMx-3 »

Im about to be putting one in mine no different than a regular diff to install. Dont need new nuts or the black cover for fifth gear. The nuts are staked just unstake remove then retourque and stake them. Im ordering mine in a few weeks when tax return gets here. :D
93 Mazda Mx-3 rs,BP-T swap,22psi,custom fmic,Custom 2-1/2 downpipe with external dump,2-1/2in downpipe back exhaust,Tuned with Megasquirt on E85,Mazda protege G-series transmission,GS rear disk brake swap,H&R lowering springs,corksport front/rear strut tower brace. Dynoed at 300hp and 330tq Mustang dyno, 8.5@87mph 1/8mile http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3139490" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

93 Mazda Mx-3 GS,BP swap. Daily driver
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I have taken a few of these apart and I would not take the chance that those nuts may not be reuseable. I have had issues with a few of them. Seriously, you're gonna drop several hundred on the LSD and not spend $28 on new nuts? Doens't make a lot of sense.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
BlackMazdaMx-3

Post by BlackMazdaMx-3 »

How would you have a problem if the nuts are staked and properly tourqued. You wouldnt but i see your point they are cheep. I have reused the nuts on both of my transaxles and have not had any issues. Just didnt see the point in replaceing parts that dont need replaced. Now if the part that is staked becomes weak after a few uses I could see it mabe causeing an issue. But not only after one time being apart to install a diff.
93 Mazda Mx-3 rs,BP-T swap,22psi,custom fmic,Custom 2-1/2 downpipe with external dump,2-1/2in downpipe back exhaust,Tuned with Megasquirt on E85,Mazda protege G-series transmission,GS rear disk brake swap,H&R lowering springs,corksport front/rear strut tower brace. Dynoed at 300hp and 330tq Mustang dyno, 8.5@87mph 1/8mile http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3139490" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Yeah, I'm not taking chances. I'm getting new nuts and seals. This is going to get USED! I just was wondering about the housing extension.
BlackMazdaMx-3

Post by BlackMazdaMx-3 »

O yeah im replaceing all seals dont want any leaks. Mine gets the crap beat out of it all the time. 300hp and 330tq is hard on the G-series trannys. lol But the car is fun.

wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I've had a few that were particularly hard to get off...and could not be reused. I'd hate to get to that point and not have new ones on hand. Also I just don't see the point of skimping on the cheap stuff.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

wytbishop wrote:I have a pdf copy of the Madza G-series transmission rebuild manual. If someone could figure out how to host it on the website and post a link in the V6 faq I think it would be worthwhile.
Done and done.
http://flyer.teamgwailo.org/Transmission_Rebuild.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

Flyer wrote:Done and done.
http://flyer.teamgwailo.org/Transmission_Rebuild.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thank you sir - saved and printed!! :mrgreen:
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

Just placed the order for my LSD parts... thanks for the link to that site Marco! Definately saved me quite a bit of money from what the dealer was asking!

Return to “Transmissions”