ONE MORE MEET??

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
Flyer

Re: ONE MORE MEET??

Post by Flyer »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:...
and it doesn't help that the truck is expensive on gas and really isn't something fun to drive on the road, so it's really a chore to do a 3hr+ round trip for most meets.
Then drive off the road...
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
MX3-4U2NV
antispam: No

Post by MX3-4U2NV »

I currently work with Mike, the creator and past owner of the Imazdanation MX3 (http://www.cardomain.com/ride/274954" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;), and he talks of all the awesome meets back when he had his MX3. Sounds like things used to really kick a-- at meets four to five years ago.

One thing off topic, I have to get my hands on that hood. He said the company used his car to model, make, and mass produce that hood. Anyone know where I can get one? He told me the original company, but I can't find anything on them any more.
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

Thats just the Invader style hood... I have it on the sold mx3 in my garage!
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

MX3-4U2NV wrote:I currently work with Mike, the creator and past owner of the Imazdanation MX3 (http://www.cardomain.com/ride/274954" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;), and he talks of all the awesome meets back when he had his MX3. Sounds like things used to really kick a-- at meets four to five years ago.

One thing off topic, I have to get my hands on that hood. He said the company used his car to model, make, and mass produce that hood. Anyone know where I can get one? He told me the original company, but I can't find anything on them any more.
Ah yes, he was known as Momo. He also designed that extended rear wing if I remember right too. I know Oscar @ Pakfeifer was making the wing, and I know he got the hoods made, so it wouldn't surprise me if he was the one. I got a Pak inverted hood for my car, the only thing is that I had fitament issue with my ZE intake manifold and my disty wires. No one could explain it, just my luck, lol.

Indeed, just to prove I was there, my car, the teal one on the left

Indeed, those were good days. We will never get back to those because the kind of members changed, and I would bet that none of these new generation members would ever get their cars to the quality of the cars we had back then. These are cars for those who can only afford a $2000 car, thus, reflects the amount of money that would actually go into it.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Finch
Supporting Member

Post by Finch »

need4spd thats not cool... YES i did pay 2 grand for my car... but ive put another 3 grand into it.. and i still need to do motor swap, paint etc... and i personally know of a few other people who have or ARE going to put a bunch of money into their MX. this is the last winter for my MX than its stricktly a nice weather car... going to do a BP swap next winter. ill admit there are alot of guys around that go and buy canadian tire ricer crap, and they think the car is pimped out... those guys are loser's... lol

AND... you have to keep in mind that not everyone is into the whole putting a huge body kit on their car.. personally i dont like any body kits on mx-3's... im not trying to be fast and furious style... i just want a clean nice looking car. a nice little lip kit is all you need. anyways thats all i have to say... you just have to keep in mind that quite a few of us in the club now have just recently bought our mx-3's and everything takes time. like this past meet, colin did have the nicest car there... and when i say that, i mean had the most work done. but everyone else there had a decent amount of work done considering how long they've owned the car for. like ive owned my car for 10 months...
----"A Real Car has 3 Pedals"----

2007 Satin White Pearl Subaru Wrx 2.5L
2007 Blue Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5I Special Edition - Sold
1996 Black Mazda MX-3 RS - Sold for Part
ProspectMx3

Post by ProspectMx3 »

I paid $1500 for my MX3 5 years ago, 4 months and $8500 later I had a clean quick car, and that was starting with a mint shell. Sold it 8 months later to the day for $7000. Nowadays you would be crazy to invest that kinda of money into a MX3 as the market for these cars is no longer there. Things have changed alot in the past few years. This happens with any car as it gets older.

I think all mike is saying is that the cars you would have seen 4-6 years ago, no longer exsist as people arn't willing to spend the ten's of thousands it takes to make somthing on those line's anymore. Back then many of the parts were available that I would imagine are near impossible to find now, and the cars could sell for more then $2000-$3000.

Why start with an old clunker when a good clean newer car is available with low km, and more parts available if your going to spend some serous money on modding.

Not saying that there arn't any being done to present, just it would be rare compared to a few years back. I rarely see any clean MX3's anymore, and after owning 13 of them and working on another 30 or so, I can tell you its a dieing breed. So those of you who have them keep it up :D
Stock Sucks
Race Cars!!!
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Exactly, it's a bit of both, but for the most part, Mx-3's are in really rough shape, so it makes it a harder platform to start out with. Never mind body kits, most of them need a whole new paint job and body work to fix dents, scratches and the main problem; rust. You don't need body kits to make the car look great, it comes down to just having a clean body. Look at Tom's car (green one from London), the only kit parts he's got is the rear Pak lip, OEM sides too mind you, but it was clean, complete, and he could beat me at shows.

Even then, you don't see anyone making any nice track-prepped cars. Nvrsrndr/Bugsy007 has this very nice silver one. Very clean too, ZE and a roll cage. OEM CF hood.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kilaze" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mark, well, he's in a league of his own...

But I do stand on what I said, to see the caliber of cars that we used to have will never happen again, both because o the age and condition of the cars, and the demographic buying them. It's both a money issue, and even just a feasibility issue in relation to what they're working with; you have to put considerable money to get the car to even the condition of the starting point we had several years ago. Even on my own car I came to that point and said it's no longer worth it. So in the end, I don't blame anyone, but I'm just also saying how it is....
Why start with an old clunker when a good clean newer car is available with low km, and more parts available if your going to spend some serous money on modding.
That is EXACTLY why I decided to part with the Mx-3, besides for wanting RWD, but I want to get into something with more parts and something nice and (almost) new. I've got my mind set on an rx-8, and the great thing is that I can almost continue where I left off, with even more options of stuff I couldn't feasibly get done to the mx-3...the spirit and passion that I have with the Mx-3 will truely continue on with another car, another Mazda.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

It is VERY true about MX-3's having alot of work needed to be done to look respectable. I know my mx3 is and was one of the cleanest rustless bodies you would find in Ontario (due to our winters, and it not being driven in any of them... that I was aware of).

Mikey I will have more HP then you FINALLY after you get the new Mazda!! 250hp... outa the box... Mmmmmmid Engine, RWD, RHD, goodness...... :lol:
ImageImageImage
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Bring on the twisties my friend 8)

Besides, would you really think I would stop there ;)
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

The MR2's were BUILT for the twisties!

I dont think you will stop there... but it's a Rotary!
ImageImageImage
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

there are mint mx3s out there. it doesnt matter if you paid more for yours originally, if someone wants to be a solid mx3 they can, regardless of age.

there are mint mx3s out there you just have to find them.
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!
Finch
Supporting Member

Post by Finch »

see thats what im sayying... they are out there... not everyone is going to sink a bunch of money into them. i understand what your saying with the type of people buyying them now. but there are also some of us who bought the car for the look of it, or because there arent as many of them around, so we buy them because its not just another civic being done up. ive always liked the look of the mx-3 since before i was even able to drive.
----"A Real Car has 3 Pedals"----

2007 Satin White Pearl Subaru Wrx 2.5L
2007 Blue Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5I Special Edition - Sold
1996 Black Mazda MX-3 RS - Sold for Part
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

ya man,

ive got a pretty mx3 scene tight mx3. i even fitted a straight neck just because it was cool to mx3 people, and its only been built for one summer.
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!
ProspectMx3

Post by ProspectMx3 »

MR2= many track days learning how to drive it to prevent crashing
RX8= 60% of the time rotory's work evertime

MX3's FTW lol
Stock Sucks
Race Cars!!!
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

I bought my car for $6800 (2004)...didn't know MX-3.com existed at the time...........she was clean completely up till 2 yrs ago and I screwed up...

My love for a MX-3 will always be..........I do want another......but not at this time.........

I will be heading out West to live down the road sometime....and I am sure there are some good MXs there....................

**I thought this thread was to talk about another meet??? :lol: **

DEB
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”