ONE MORE MEET??

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
Finch
Supporting Member
antispam: No

ONE MORE MEET??

Post by Finch »

OK, so ive had a few people ask if we should have one more meet. personally im down for another one, so i just wanted to post and see who would want to. could be either this weekend comming up, or the next one which is halloween weekend. anyways let me know if you interested or not.
----"A Real Car has 3 Pedals"----

2007 Satin White Pearl Subaru Wrx 2.5L
2007 Blue Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5I Special Edition - Sold
1996 Black Mazda MX-3 RS - Sold for Part
waspone

Re: ONE MORE MEET??

Post by waspone »

im doing the C7 cruise on sunday so im busy that day :p keep me posted tho
check it out u should register and come look it up
92' Red GS - RIP
93' Black Miata LE
Finch
Supporting Member

Post by Finch »

the cruise actually sounds kind of fun... maybe instead of having a random meet a few of us could go out on this cruise... everyone check the link let me know what you think

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/event ... 461&ref=mf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Finch
Supporting Member

Post by Finch »

actually scratch that.. i have someone comming to buy my bmw on sunday.. i could do a meet though on saterday or on the next weekend

MX3-4U2NV

Post by MX3-4U2NV »

Three things...

1. This will be the first year I will miss the C7 cruise. I did/do it every year, and it is a great time. Especially in convoys with your fav friends/clubs.

2. Why does it have to be ONE MORE MEET. How come it can't be just OUR NEXT MEET? Just because ppl put their cars in storage, doesn't mean they can't or won't have other means of transportation to come chill for a bit.

3. And lastly, as I mentioned before, if we are serious about doing meets, and doing them more frequently, why don't we schedule them ahead of time, giving ppl LOTS of time to prepare to show up. If we set a date like the 3rd Sunday of every month, 3pm, then we ALL know when the meet is. The only thing that might change is the where.

Actually, yet another thing, maybe we can not localize the meets to just 400/7. There are lots of interested ppl in places like Hamilton, etc, who want in the meet action. If we knew of 2, maybe 3 places, with interested people, maybe we can rotate between three locations.

Example:
October: 400/7
November: Hamilton-ish area
December: Durham-ish area

That way we'll give everyone a fair chance to come. And sure those who regularly attend a 400/7 may not make the other two locations, and that's fine too.

We've seen ppl post their interest here, lets try to accommodate everyone, get more ppl involved.

just my two cents

And yes, I know I have yet to be to a meet, but I have been in 4 car clubs since I was 17. 30 years old now. I love going to meets and by no means am I trying to avoid any. Just my crappy luck that every meet we have planned here, I have had to work. And in this day and age, when you are asked if you are available, you don't dare say no. Who's to say you will have a job tomorrow right?
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

The problem with having strict dates is that we don't know what everyone's schedules are like. It would be nice, but I think a compromise is best to see when we can have the most people show up. I like the different locations idea, I'm always up for a change in scenery. Anyways I'm always down for meets no matter how far or during which season (I won't be driving my MX-3 in the winter though) so if there's enough interest we'll definitely keep this going.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
Finch
Supporting Member

Post by Finch »

well it doesnt have to be "one more meet" i just assumed no one would wanna come out in the dead of winter to talk about their car... im down for pretty much any meets that are planned.

MX3-4U2NV

Post by MX3-4U2NV »

There is nothing "strict" about picking one day a month to PLAN to get together.

What is the difference if we all said "okay, lets get together in two weeks" compared to "okay, we meet the third Sunday of every month". When it comes down to it, people's schedule won't entirely matter. If something comes up and someone can't make it, they can't make it. Simple as that. It won't matter when the meet is or isn't held. Sometimes people have things to do.

Plus, by picking one day a month, you add to eliminating the chance of people not being able to make it. If everyone knows the day the meet is on, regardless, then they know not to make plans. Where-as to sit here and say "is two weeks from now good for you?" and have half say no, half say yes, at least by us all knowing the date, we can plan accordingly.

Yes I understand that we can type a million posts, trying to pick a million dates until the majority of people agree, but at least with picking a date, we will all always already know the date. And as mentioned before, plan accordingly.
MX3-4U2NV

Post by MX3-4U2NV »

Personally for me I guess, I would much rather know a date and plan to be available that date, rather than play post tag until we can all agree on something.
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Well if you remember (you weren't there but I'm sure you read the posts) for the Thanksgiving meet we changed the date TWICE, from Saturday to Sunday, and then to Monday. I don't think we would have gotten 7 MX-3s to come out if we had left it Saturday. Monday was clearly best for everyone.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
Finch
Supporting Member

Post by Finch »

i see what your saying.. it could work doing meets once a month and say 3rd sunday of every month at 3 pm. however the weather kind of screw's things up for us because we have no clue what the weather is going to be like that for ahead. why not say the first sunday and third sunday that way the meets arent so far apart, and if one meet gets rained out, the next meet isnt so far away. oviously during the winter time the meets dont have to happen as often. ANYWAYS i do agree that we shouldnt set specific dates for the meets, just let everyone know that the meets are 3rd sunday, OR.... 1st AND 3rd... and than people can plan for it.

colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

This seems to be the exact same responce I got when I tried to make a meet in different places for EVERYONE... it never worked and there was no interest since there was only 1 or 2 ppl in that specific area...

Well like I said if you make the meets come April, I will bring the new car out and chill with the old ppl still.
My MX3 is in a million pieces getting ready for it to be deliverd soon to new owner! ahah

To: MX3-4U2NV
Which car were you driving in? I have been at the past 5 C7 cruises and I know the past 2 I was the only MX3... I was looking for more!
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MX3-4U2NV

Post by MX3-4U2NV »

colinsmx3 wrote:To: MX3-4U2NV
Which car were you driving in? I have been at the past 5 C7 cruises and I know the past 2 I was the only MX3... I was looking for more!
Red 2006 Chevrolet Colorado Xtreme. I am also the President of Ontario Colorado's and Canyon's (trucks for those who don't know)
MX3-4U2NV

Post by MX3-4U2NV »

_-Night-Shade-_ wrote:Well if you remember (you weren't there but I'm sure you read the posts) for the Thanksgiving meet we changed the date TWICE, from Saturday to Sunday, and then to Monday. I don't think we would have gotten 7 MX-3s to come out if we had left it Saturday. Monday was clearly best for everyone.
Whenever we encountered something like holiday weekends, it was always scheduled at a different time. It's not biggy. For instance, right now, if we knew when we wanted to have meets, we would look at a calendar. if a meet happened to fall on a holiday, we move it back or forward a week, to make it better for everyone.

And it doesn't really matter to me how this works, I am just trying to add some ways for less confusion is all.

And again, regardless if I say "the 3rd Sunday of the Month" or someone else says "the 1st and 3rd in case you can't make one", that's still making a scheduled meet date is it not? You're just adding in a second day. So on the meet on the 1st Sunday, you get 3 cars because they could make it then, and on the 3rd Sunday you get 4 cars because they could make it then. In total that month, you still had 7 cars show.

AND yet again, for the meet in December for instance, seeing as our 3rd Sunday of the month meet fell too close to xmas, we always switched it to the 1st Sunday of the month. Yes Novembers and Decembers were close, but we still had a meet a month.

Either way, like I said, just trying to add some uniformity to the situation is all. If ppl knew right away at the beginning of the month when the next meet was, it eliminate a crap load of questions and confusion in trying to randomly plan for one here and there is all. I tried the random s--- numerous times in diff clubs. It wasn't until we made it one specific day a month that we started to have more and more regulars, because they already knew the day, and planned accordingly. Rain or shine, no one gave a crap about the weather, it was about being with those who shared a common interest in the vehicles. Just like Colin said he would show next year, even though he won't be driving a MX3. Frig, I even drove to Woodstock for a meet last year in one of our worst winter storms. We had 7 trucks show up. Even past 3 transport trucks in the ditch on the way there. Took me an extra hour and 15 minutes to get there, but hey, I'm a trooper. I'm passionate about meets, love hanging with ppl over a pitcher of beer or something.

If I knew what day it was approx 3 weeks in advance, I can plan accordingly, but when it is left to the week before, I can't make any promises. I really want to make it out. Then again, as mentioned before, even if planned 3 weeks in advance, something may come up the day before preventing, or anyone for that matter, from coming.

Also, by setting a date plenty in advance, it gives those who don't frequent the site as much knowledge of the meet. If they only visited once a month, and saw that in three weeks there is a meet, sweet, they can plan to come out. but if they randomly log on, see there is a meet tomorrow, adds are they're going to say "crap, I already got plans, I WISH I HAD OF KNOWN ABOUT THIS SOONER".

I'll shut up now.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

No need to shut up, what you said is very informative, and actully has been discussed before. I do agree that we should have scheduled meets. Maybe even alternate on on Sat, one on Sun, and maybe have an evening meet during the week at some point for those that can't make it on the weekends.

I'd like to take an active role in the club again/next year. As well, I won't have an Mx-3, but I'll still be in the Mazda family, and I've also been part of this club before it even actually officially existed. This year just has been rough for me to make it to meets, money's been tight, working 6-7 days a week, and it doesn't help that the truck is expensive on gas and really isn't something fun to drive on the road, so it's really a chore to do a 3hr+ round trip for most meets. Although I'll be getting a new car next year, I've got a feeling that work will get in the way anyway, which sucks, but that's how it likes to work for me...
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”