Prominent creeking noice in frontpassenger side wheel area.

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Whisper

Re: Prominent creeking noice in frontpassenger side wheel area.

Post by Whisper »

When you turn the wheel, the whole strut/spring/brake caliper assembly twirls as well. Check to see that it doesn't rub against anything when it turns. Unlikely, but still...
ooELMOoo

Post by ooELMOoo »

Sounds like a problem I am in the middle of fixing.

Mine did the same thing but was getting so loud people on the street would jump when I went over a bump.

Creeking whenever going in/out of turn or over bumps. Stop or accelerating = dried bushings on control arm.

Solorider and I spent a couple hours trying to figure it out. Lubed up the bushing and smooth as a baby's bottom.(Granted, I should of been in the group buy for new ones, these are the SRD ones)

Give this a try with some lithium white grease!
----------------
| CUSTOM X3|
----------------
tineke

Post by tineke »

Our problem sounds identical...I will give that a try at let you all know how it goes.
Thanks. :D
Tineke 96 mx3 v6 black beauty
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Stock bushings cannot be greased. Unless it's the inner sleeve of the bushing creaking as it rotates on the bolt...which it shouldn't do. Loosen and retighten all the bolts...bushings, ball joints, outer tie rod ends, strut and strut mounts. Creaking would indicate metal on metal movement to me. Busted strut bearing is a good chance...I think it was mentioned. When I did my struts I found that mine were crushed.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
ooELMOoo

Post by ooELMOoo »

In my case, I could not take the entire control arm off or bushing out. I just lubed all around the bushing from under the car without taking it off the drove it over some bumps, and did it again.

I think I had half a cup full of rocks and dirt from inside the sleeve when I first took out the bolt that goes in the bushing off.

Try jacking your car up and listening for the creak. Get a friend to jack the car up and down slowly while you feel around the control arm/bushings. You will feel it vibrate through the metal!<in my case>

Let us know how it works out
----------------
| CUSTOM X3|
----------------

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”