Intake

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Ashton Janzen

Intake

Post by Ashton Janzen »

Ok I am installing an intake on my 1993 Mx3 GS. There are a few small black houses coming from the main big one. Are these inprotant or should i just tape them up. I counted like four which are the inportant ones.
Dragyn Vyrus

Re: Intake

Post by Dragyn Vyrus »

all of the hoses are important...
i don't know what ones your talking about in particular, but you shouldn't be taping any hoses up...
93 MX-3 ZE-GS - Sold
95 MX-3 RS - Bone stock winter car.
92 JDM turbo MR2 - SSQV, Cusco strut tower bar, ATS intercooler kit, Berk Exhuast, HKS EVC-S
TOOgreezy

Post by TOOgreezy »

Ashton Janzen wrote:Ok I am installing an intake on my 1993 Mx3 GS. There are a few small black houses coming from the main big one. Are these inprotant or should i just tape them up. I counted like four which are the inportant ones.
i installed an intake last week...
for sumreason after the 1st day it made my car run a little weird... it was taking long to start up.. felt like it was losing power.. idling realllly low.. which made the car kinda shake while @ a complete stop it was just weird so i took it off and put normal airfilter back.
heres a video of the day i installed it
it was jus the cone tho not the cold air
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vD4NtHOlz8I" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
that hissing noise u hear wasnt there before i installed it.. so maybe that had sumthin to do with it
[1996 Mx-3 GS]
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Just plug all the hoses in where they were. If they were coming from the mani then install them there. One should be before the VAF one after the VAF. A hose for your FPR and so on and so on. Go look at another MX-3 if your unsure and copy it. Every hose is precious.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
tmac4t4

Post by tmac4t4 »

i scanned this for greezy but i might as well just post it here,,hope it helps you guys out. :welder:
ImageImageImageImage
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Schematics are ok but I found looking at another MX-3 is pretty much a no brainer,,,good for me. Wheather it's the factory engine or a ZE it should look identical to whatever came out of your car when it goes back in or on as is your case. Go look at another MX-3 then make yours look the same and that's 90% of the game.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

you can block the hose going to the stock box.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”