How many cupholders do you guys have?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
solo_ryder

Re: How many cupholders do you guys have?

Post by solo_ryder »

I use the spot between my ebrake and passenger seat as a cup holder haha
JoshVK
Supporting Member

Post by JoshVK »

Savin wrote:You guys seem to have problems with your cupholders. I'm glad I have that pop-out one under the radio, '94+ FTW! lol

x2!
1996 MX-3 GS - rollin' on Rota Slipstreams, (Red, Deep Tint, Black Lip)
True Straight Neck KLZE with TB relocate. Custom Cold air Intake. 2.25 Exhaust to Bosal muffler.
ACT Stage 2, Fidanza Lightweight Flywheel, Short Shifter with CorkSport Bushings and SS Clutch Line.
Suspension Techniques Springs On Zx2 Struts. SRD Control arm Bushings, Custom Sway Bar Links
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

solo_ryder wrote:I use the spot between my ebrake and passenger seat as a cup holder haha
that's what I do too...

Nerd Racing: too bad you didn't get the other OEM part that goes with the double decker lid. It is a clear piece that allows you to hold 2 cups up in the top front as well in the top back part of the double decker....

as far as the cupholders from the taurus or whatever I am pretty sure that your hand would hit that when shifting :?

overall the cupholders suck in the mx-3 including the 94+ ones... all of them are too small unless you are drinking a 12 oz. can of soda... they will always spill, etc...

My conclusion was that I should probably not be drinking in the mx-3 while I drive (especially with the klze) since I need to focus on the road because of all the power LOL :freak:
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I have the double decker, too, but don't use it. I just pound my beers before geting in.

J/K!
I just do the between the legs, or next to E-brake thing.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
MCNano117

Post by MCNano117 »

JoshVK wrote:
Savin wrote:You guys seem to have problems with your cupholders. I'm glad I have that pop-out one under the radio, '94+ FTW! lol

x2!

Rofl I just replaced my center console with the lower profile one, glad I have those two cupholders under my radio :D.
1994 Mazda MX3 RS | Rebuilt B6DE | Stock
nerd racing
Supporting Member

Post by nerd racing »

Maybe I'll make an insert out of aluminum, and then polish it. I do see what you guys mean about hitting the cups with my arm, I'd hit them for sure in the center consul. I pretty much just drink water now a days, too much sugar in anything else, so a spill wouldn't be the end of the world.
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Ice cream and coffee..... must haves :)
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
se7en

Post by se7en »

Hey fouljesse...Ya, I'm the same way, except I pound the whisky before I drive.....maybe a few beers too...takes the edge off...

lol, Folks if you think I am serious, then stay off the sidewalks!
1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

When I got the 93' and I was test driving it with the previous owner I asked him where he puts his drink seeing as there are no cupholders. He looks at me and in total seriousness says..."I don't drink in the car...ever."

Thanks to him for my near mint interior.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

I bring my Laptop it has a cup holder on the side but it's for a big cup I think, d-uh.

I got the double decker wit du clear plastic piece what has the holes fer my drink.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
nerd racing
Supporting Member

Post by nerd racing »

Daninski wrote:I bring my Laptop it has a cup holder on the side but it's for a big cup I think, d-uh.

I got the double decker wit du clear plastic piece what has the holes fer my drink.
LOL just don't break off that cupholder they are expensive to replace :wink: I do the drink between the legs too, but I really don't want to freeze or burn "the boys" in the event of an accident or a sudden stop, there are a ton of deer on my commute to and from work.
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Some of you talked about putting it between the seat and the ebrake? I tried that today with an extra large... Its very tippy headed the passenger way... and I sit so close to the wheel, so the part of the seat that stick out the most isn't at the right spot for that... but between the door and the seat.... that works :)
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

I think your all missing it here, IV bag is the way to go. I hang one off my coat hook and slip the needle in. Insulated is great for those hot or cold drinks. Just don't forget to unhook when you get out. ouch!
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”