nightfire - 1996 MX-3 GS

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Dark_Rider2k3

Re: nightfire - 1996 MX-3 GS

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

seriously... get us pics!!!!!

It sounds pretty sweet man, keep at it!
JoshVK
Supporting Member

Post by JoshVK »

Um, I have the KLZE in my 96 for almost 3 weeks. i have no FP reg. im confused on why it would be necessary?
Im currently think of doing a car PC as well.. i have a 7inch tft. but its not touch... might just use as a secondary display for my laptop for GPS on long trips..

what linux GPS software are you using? im kinda noobish but run Ubuntu 24-7 so want to see if i cant use for gps as well... dont want to have to switch to having a XP partition for in the car.
1996 MX-3 GS - rollin' on Rota Slipstreams, (Red, Deep Tint, Black Lip)
True Straight Neck KLZE with TB relocate. Custom Cold air Intake. 2.25 Exhaust to Bosal muffler.
ACT Stage 2, Fidanza Lightweight Flywheel, Short Shifter with CorkSport Bushings and SS Clutch Line.
Suspension Techniques Springs On Zx2 Struts. SRD Control arm Bushings, Custom Sway Bar Links
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

JoshVK wrote:Um, I have the KLZE in my 96 for almost 3 weeks. i have no FP reg. im confused on why it would be necessary?
Someone said something about the mix being too rich and lowering the fuel pressure to compensate.. dunno how much truth there is to it. Do you have an OBD-II -> USB adapter to read your fuel trims?
Im currently think of doing a car PC as well.. i have a 7inch tft. but its not touch... might just use as a secondary display for my laptop for GPS on long trips..

what linux GPS software are you using? im kinda noobish but run Ubuntu 24-7 so want to see if i cant use for gps as well... dont want to have to switch to having a XP partition for in the car.
I'm actually just running iNavigator under VMware. It's not ideal, but it works. If you go this route I'd recommend the fastest machine you can find.. it runs kinda choppy on my Via C7 2ghz.
- Gord
1996 MX-3 GS-ZE 2.5L 5spd
KLZE+LSD / Headers / KL02 VAF / Clutchmasters stage-I / Fidanza 9lb flywheel / Eibach Pro Kit / Tokico HPs / Urethane bushings & mounts / SSR Comp-C 16x7 / General Exclaim UHP 205/45R16 / Wilwood 13" brakes / Whiteline rear swaybar / Carputer / Software Crossover / Infinity components+subs / 41hz Tripath Amp9 / Trunk SLA batt / Keyless entry
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

Updated with KLZE swap info and pics on first comment.
- Gord
KLZE+LSD / Headers / KL02 VAF / Clutchmasters stage-I / Fidanza 9lb flywheel / Eibach Pro Kit / Tokico HPs / Urethane bushings & mounts / SSR Comp-C 16x7 / General Exclaim UHP 205/45R16 / Wilwood 13" brakes / Whiteline rear swaybar / Carputer / Software Crossover / Infinity components+subs / 41hz Tripath Amp9 / Trunk SLA batt / Keyless entry
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Nice!!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

I just read your post about the headers only having two o2 sensors positions after I had already PM'd you. Once I get my headers I'll get stainless nuts fabricated to properly fit the periferal of the pipe. Then have them welded after drilling holes to take care of the two other O2 positions we need. How will a garage be able to install sensor mount holes once your engine is installed? I suggest you get that done before install, I'll be a lot cheaper too. You could concave them by hand on a grinder then get them welded in place.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

Daninski wrote:I just read your post about the headers only having two o2 sensors positions after I had already PM'd you. Once I get my headers I'll get stainless nuts fabricated to properly fit the periferal of the pipe. Then have them welded after drilling holes to take care of the two other O2 positions we need. How will a garage be able to install sensor mount holes once your engine is installed? I suggest you get that done before install, I'll be a lot cheaper too. You could concave them by hand on a grinder then get them welded in place.
I'll just get them to install the holes on the downpipe.. :/ Engine's already installed.
- Gord
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

Days 5 and 6 added to first entry. The engine swap is done! She is back on the road.

I'm throwing a bunch of trouble codes that I'll have to work through over the next few days, but for now, I'm happy to say the swap was a success.
- Gord
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

Updated (see first page for details).
- Gord
jbud1291

Post by jbud1291 »

wow man very nice mx-3. congrats and good luck with the car
93 GS SE - Raspberry metallic. K8 - 2 1/4in exhaust w/Magnaflow street series muffler, Custom intake, Kyb Gr2's w/Apex springs, Full kenwood audio - SOLD
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

jbud1291 wrote:wow man very nice mx-3. congrats and good luck with the car
Dude thanks. :) Having people say that so makes all the blood sweat and tears worthwhile. heh.
- Gord
jbud1291

Post by jbud1291 »

lol i kno. i love the feeling i get when i fix something on the car myself its the best. i cant wait to start modding mine :freak:
93 GS SE - Raspberry metallic. K8 - 2 1/4in exhaust w/Magnaflow street series muffler, Custom intake, Kyb Gr2's w/Apex springs, Full kenwood audio - SOLD
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

Installed my new spyder auto projectors:

Major improvement!
- Gord
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Did you read my post about the possible fire hazard from those lights? If not check it out then please post a comment.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Ukrman

Post by Ukrman »

the projectors look awesome, really makes me wanna get them
92 Mazda MX3 GS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/ukrman" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - cardomain page
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=66481 - worklog
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=72099 - feedback
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71757 - stuff for sale
http://s2.metaldamage.com/c.php?uid=159229" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - biggest waste of time

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”