92 MX3 GS-R won't start , good garages in Ottawa Area????

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Ice Racing

Re: 92 MX3 GS-R won't start , good garages in Ottawa Area????

Post by Ice Racing »

I'm no professionnel but, Those ZE engine are quite simple to go around, you either have to pay for labor or do it your self :freak: :crying: (like any other car). Go back to basic and keep it simple at first. Have a compression test done, while doing check and replace spark plug. You will see if you have gas and you already know you have fire. If Compression is good and the engine is worth it then maybe, i would suggest physically check Timming belt and marks and that, is not a really good idea.(Have the car to to somebody who does this kind of car). And as far as I know a 92-93 ZE required a K8 disti to work, DE fits newer (I think :D not sure). That kind of work is cheap parts $80 but lots of hours $$$ make sure the car worth it (They all do!!! :mrgreen: )

Those engine are not known for injecteur and fuel problem, intake or electrical (except for Disty story). They are good reliable driveable stock 175 whp engine :shrug: beware of highrev those engine and get use to engine noise

If, for any other reason your car starts, have the oil drain and filter replace, air clean Air Filter, check antifreeze and density, have other liquid top and inspect, Hit the road and have fun :mrgreen:
GS KLZE FOR ICE RACING
irocthaDOHC

Re: 92 MX3 GS-R won't start , good garages in Ottawa Area????

Post by irocthaDOHC »

Finally i heard her start Today!!!!!after doing a compression test it was discovered one of the cams was pretty chewed up and was causing it to only run on 3 cylinders...i suppose i should have done this before i commited to buy the car , i could have saved some cash. i'm pretty pissed at the kid who sold it to me considering everything that could keep it from starting was keeping it from starting ( Fuel lines mixed up, blown Disty, and obviously the cam,) i don't know why he wouldn't do a compression test before doing the swap, but i guess he trusted the importer as i trusted him... Anyway i should have the car registered tomorrow :wink: .. thanks for everyones advice who posted trying to help me..i can't wait to start buying parts :lol:

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”