92 MX3 GS-R won't start , good garages in Ottawa Area????

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
irocthaDOHC

92 MX3 GS-R won't start , good garages in Ottawa Area????

Post by irocthaDOHC »

Hi i recently bought a 92 MX3 GS w a fresh ZE swap from a kid who had the swap done, but it wouldn't start for him and he had no $ to try to fix it. so i picked it up for $900. the kid said it was just the timing that wasn't correct. so i towed the car to a garage i had trusted for years.. i asked them to check the timing.. it sat for 2 months...excuse after excuse... last week they finally call me to say they it's 97% distributer problem(no Spark). so they put a dizzy in .still no start...i have a feeling i'm being screwed around with, so does anyone know a good place to take it, that knows mazda's very well in the ottawa area??? if so that would be great as i don't want to give this garage any more of my money( it seems like at this point they have no idea what is wrong and it has sat for months.
blackknight

Re: 92 MX3 GS-R won't start , good garages in Ottawa Area????

Post by blackknight »

hey man!!!i know how you feel about mechanic. i swear if its not a 1.8 ppl get stupid. i have had the same problem just over 3 to 4 months until just before christmas it didnt turn over at all. i have tried everything for distributor to starters spark plugs and wires. the only thing i have left to check is my fuel pump. i hope you get your figured out because it becomes a huge headache. good luck and keep us posted i know a couple of ppl have that problem. just wondering how many kilometers are on the car???
irocthaDOHC

Post by irocthaDOHC »

i think it has around 230 XXX KM
blackknight

Post by blackknight »

sounds like it has the same symptoms.....
irocthaDOHC

Post by irocthaDOHC »

i don't know if it's the fuel pump, cuz i smell gas a bit if i give it gas when cranking it. if the fuel pump is gone wouldn't i smell nothing??
se7en

Post by se7en »

sounds like they don't have the right disty installed.

your ze would have come with the 7 nipple cap, and the one they brought in would have only had 6 'ports' on it..

the 6 port disty is wired totally different, and if they just plugged in the same wires that the ze was wired with, of course it won't start :)

what you need is someone from here to come to your house, and fix the wires, and fire it up.

lots of members here are from ottawa, and toronto....maybe someone else can help? I would, but I live in alberta...

good luck..

jonn

edit: oh yeah, if you can smell gas, then it probably isn't the fuel pump.
1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

which disti is in the motor? when i did my ze swap i had a 96 ze and i had to use my K8 disti because the firing order on the ze disti was totally different.
blackknight

Post by blackknight »

i have tried a kl34 and k8 distributor. well if anyone is willing to help please do. i will pick up a 7 nipple disty.
irocthaDOHC

Post by irocthaDOHC »

Apparantly they DID order and install the wrong Disty, the supposed Right One came in this afternoon, hopefully will be installed tomorrow!!!
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

irocthaDOHC wrote:Apparantly they DID order and install the wrong Disty, the supposed Right One came in this afternoon, hopefully will be installed tomorrow!!!
which disti was it supposed to be?
irocthaDOHC

Post by irocthaDOHC »

the original was never a ZE Disty, they had the k-8 that didn't spark at all,they're changing it for i believe a millenia or probe disty, i dunno which they ordered that wasn't correct i didn't really ask.
blackknight

Post by blackknight »

you know that there is a difference between a probe and a ze disty......a ze disty requires you to use and external blaster coil....
jackkorno

Post by jackkorno »

Did ya get it going ?

Sounds like my old GS-R.
Got 2 B a KLZE
irocthaDOHC

Post by irocthaDOHC »

she's cranks, has spark & fuel, but still no start, mechanic trying to tell me ECU is no good, correct me if im wrong, but would i get no spark if the ECU is Blown??
:crying: :shock: sad and frustrated
blackknight

Post by blackknight »

im not too sure if it would be an ecu problem i have tried the k8 a klde and klze ecu and the only difference is that my check engine light comes on with a k8 and a klde but no check engine light comes on with a ze.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”