Which TOGA Bearings, KL-ZE experts please click....list 4U

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Tommy D

Which TOGA Bearings, KL-ZE experts please click....list 4U

Post by Tommy D »

Hi guys, i have a J-spec Straight Neck KL-ZE (KL-31)

Below is a list of bearings (LINK) but there is one or two which seem smilar, to be sure is there anyone here who knows exactly which ones i need and what their part number is on the list?

I have tryed contacting them but they mention something called "10 over" or "20 over" what is that? Also what "Pin" do i have 20mm or 21mm?

Confused...........

http://www.flatlander-ipp.co.uk/toga/to ... azda.shtml
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

The 10 ro 20 over is the bore at which a machine shop will sand out of the cylinder wall when rebuilding a motor. You should go 10 over if possible as it is less material removed. 20 over is the max Mazda reccomends you bore the motor. This is usually called "over bore".
The "pin" they are refering to is the wrist pin I guess. The standard KL uses 20mm and the Millinea use 21mm. This is the pin that holds the piston to the piston rod.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Tommy D

Post by Tommy D »

So 10 or 20 over wont apply to me then, as im not rebuilding the thing, just getting new bottom bearings on the rods / crank by having the sump dropped off, cool
Spinkx79
Supporting Member

Post by Spinkx79 »

In reading on PT, "Clevite" bearings (could be spelled wrong) are the best.

These are the ones i think i will go with, dont have a part number or a source yet though.

g/l

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”