Sim's RS

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.

BPT or B6 turbo

B6 turbo
No votes
BPT from GTR
100%

Total votes: 1

10secSim

Post by 10secSim »

that's the thing I have to do that too so that's why i'm trying to start with a low budget but I want to make sure I don't wast money buy turning an engin into a solid block of steel....sounds like the bp is a lot of potential...you drive it every day?? for how long have you had it boosted and how much milage on it.
B6 1.6L DOHC, CAI, custom intake mani. with internal velocity stacks, 65mm thottle body, probe 4-2-1 header, custom 2.5" high flow exhaust, Centerforce dual friction, MS2, MSD 6A, Tokico struts, EIBACH springs.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2443642" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

the current bp thats in it has been in the car since may of 2005 it wasn't till nov. of 2006 that i boosted it. so for a year 1/2 it was all motor. both the b6 and BP are cast iron blocks. only reason why my engine hasn't blown up is because i am using a decent standalone and a decent tune. otherwise it would have koooo-boom a long time ago. come on 20 psi as a daily driver its all in the setup. u get what u pay for. 2000 miles on it since i boosted it.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
10secSim

Post by 10secSim »

what about the haltech and let's say an accel coil would be about the same
I seen your thread on the Tec II you installed...or i could try to find a tec 2 for cheaper then 1200$ as a haltech is about a 1000$ and a accel coil is bout 150-200$
B6 1.6L DOHC, CAI, custom intake mani. with internal velocity stacks, 65mm thottle body, probe 4-2-1 header, custom 2.5" high flow exhaust, Centerforce dual friction, MS2, MSD 6A, Tokico struts, EIBACH springs.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2443642" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

why do u want that tec II comes with its own coil packs.

either way buying the system is the first part and the most expensive part next is the other sensors u neet to buy and harness that need to be created. its a lot more money than it seems plus time and effort.

if all ur going to be posting is low buget under 2500 complaining about being cheap not willing to spent the cash than this is something u need not be doing. better off keeping that B6 in ur mx-3 and not trying to get any faster. i hate to say but being faster cost money and nickel & dimeing it ain't going to make u any faster than u alreay are. but do it the way u want to and in the end u'll see what i mean.

this was a year long project for me and i still have more money i got to spend on. am at $5000+ and need more to go.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
10secSim

Post by 10secSim »

I know this is going to take a long time. I said that on the first line of this thread. What I mean is i'm gona a spend a bit of $$$ and time at a time and take it one step at a time until I finally build what I want...but it probrably will never end...this car is not my every day driver it's only for fun and a week end racer

Ok so from what i read so far i'm gona sell the 2 b6 blocks and cylinder head...anyone wants them i'll sell em for reall cheap and I'll find my self a BP at one of the wreck yards and the tranny is the same on the b6. right?
i'll put that in, then i'll get the altech E6X or a Tec II, I'll install that over a couple week ends and then i'll get my laptop tune it up. and i'll go from there....how does that sound for a plan?!?! :D
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

haltec $1000 + coils u have to buy coils $100-200 right + $$$$$ on stuff u need for it

TEC II $500-1000 u don't have to buy coils they come with it!!! + $$$$$ on stuff u need for it

so read it carefully and tell me when u notice the difference :roll:
94blaze1.6

Post by 94blaze1.6 »

400hp dont come cheap....Just think of all the cars that come with 400hp stock, they cost a lot.... however getting to 400 hp on an mx will be cheaper then buying one of those cars.
95 RS so far just a paintjob, rims suspension next then turbo...
Image I have turbo dreams and detanation nightmares
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

How much you want for the B6's???? Which B6's are they and what head?

PM me please...not trying to jack the thread, thank you.

P.S.

Like Lime said...going fast ISN't cheap!!!! You can get it running reliably but it takes a good chunk of change to get there! I found that out the hard way years ago. The motor isn't the expesive part on these cars, it is the drive line and clutch. Once that problem is resolved it is smooth sailing from there if you can tune well and aren't looking to make more than 300WHP reliably.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
10secSim

Post by 10secSim »

I decided to keep my 2 B6 DOHC and start with that...I've bin fabricating a custom intake manifold here are some pics

http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/s ... 8_full.jpg

http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/s ... 9_full.jpg

I bought a 65mm mustang throttle body to bolt to it.

I was wondering what hoses i'm gona need to hook up to the manifold.

I know i'll need one nipple for the FPR and i'm not sure what to do with the carbon canister, is it going to cause any problems when i'm boosted or should i just hook it up to the manifold as well.

Return to “Forced Induction”