KLZE vs. BPT GTR opinions on this please

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
KJ

KLZE vs. BPT GTR opinions on this please

Post by KJ »

I have always had 4 cylinder mx-3's. I have the ability to get a 1994 with the 6 cylinder in it for about 1800 U.S. I was just wondering since it seems to be in pretty good shape and all do you guys think this would be a pretty good deal or do you think i could find one with a swap for about the same price opinions are welcome. Thanks

KJ
Last edited by KJ on June 7th, 2006, 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bolverk

Post by Bolverk »

If its in good condition and you want a V6 and plan on getting a ZE in the future. I say go for it.
madLyrical

Post by madLyrical »

if its in good shape 1800 is a great price, i got mines for 2400 and im still more than happy with my buy, specially since i do plan to ze in the future
KJ

Post by KJ »

I am sorry i stated my question wrong. The question that i have is this i have a (Under Construction) mx-3 4 banger. I am awaiting what is supposedly a BPT GTR i am not holding my breath on that one but that is another story. I guess what i am asking is this .... Is it worth the money to spend an extra 1800 on another car which i will put a KLZE in eventually if i was to get it. I mean the BPT GTR (if that is what it truly is) vs. the KLZE would 1800 dollars be something that i would feel an extreme change in or would it be a minimal difference and i be left pissed at myself for spending the extra 3 to 4 thousand dollars on the car after the swap when it could have been put to making the BPT GTR a beast? So please guys give me your opinions on what you would do if you were me.

Thanks,
KJ
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

Make the GTR a beast. This isnt a hard question to answer at all.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
LooseChangeRacing

Post by LooseChangeRacing »

yeah...1800 to spend on upgrading the GTR...can we say bigger turbo, stand-alone and a GREAT tuning job....can we now say 300+whp
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2385931/4
Car Name - Elsie (LC)
Car Type - 92 Black RS Stock 190k
Car Name - (yet to be decided)
Car Type - 93 (soon Black) GS KLZE 130k
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

well if its that much of a headache like you said on your bpt.....and you dont have a realiable source of transportation ..... i would get the other one as an everyday.... since its at a cheap price.....when your bpt is done you always have the oportunity.....or you could swith the idea keep the v6 sell the 4 banger....de/ze swap.... and boosty boost :lol:
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”