New Eclipse

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

neutral wrote:Yea, curb wt. of V6 is 3538 Lbs. Here's a link to some specs... http://www.automotive.com/2006/43/mitsu ... index.html
Thats still one heavy car
However the V6 engine has some balls

But, I still like the older Eclipses (93-2003)
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
jrors
Supporting Member

Post by jrors »

1 word............. GARBAGE
If you fall, then get back up........Luck favors the prepared
manowar821
Supporting Member

Post by manowar821 »

Eclipse sucks after 98 or whatever.
The new ones, and the BRAND new ones are both uglllyyyy. Plus I've heared they suck when it comes to reliability, the trannies anyway. The engines have always been okay, but still...

Oh, and think about how the RX-7 communities feel after seeing that!!

Companies don't build cars for style anymore, it's all about safety and comfort now. UGH. This new eclipse is just another car for spoiled 16 year olds to whine about and get from their rents.
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

i think it breaks into the 3600's with an auto trans
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Thunderstorm

Post by Thunderstorm »

Eclipse = Ford Cougar wannabe? Aye! T'is true.

No Mazda is beat by that design.
That looks like a Cougar clone - with a bit of Neon DNA. :P
A rather featureless blob actually. Quite bland.
Making the RX-7 bow before it was very childish.
Even the MX-3 circa 1991 still sets the pulse racing in comparison.
And the Mazda RX-8 blows it away on pure design & functionality.

Looks like many car designers have no imagination left.

Thunderstorm
1998 MX-3 RS 1.6i DOHC "Blackbird". Totally Stock.

The 21st Century is a con; where is my Hovercar?!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058708
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

manowar821 wrote:Eclipse sucks after 98 or whatever.
The new ones, and the BRAND new ones are both uglllyyyy. Plus I've heared they suck when it comes to reliability, the trannies anyway. The engines have always been okay, but still...

Oh, and think about how the RX-7 communities feel after seeing that!!

Companies don't build cars for style anymore, it's all about safety and comfort now. UGH. This new eclipse is just another car for spoiled 16 year olds to whine about and get from their rents.
Reliablity issues? My bro has a 2000 GT Eclipse, he drives it hard and puts 17k+ miles per year and never has any problems with it. It is true about the clutch though but its not a huge problem
RX-7s arent anything special ether. I recall the 94 RX-7s only had 255hp/217ft torque. I'm sure they can beat the new eclipse but still, those numbers arent anything special.
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Juans_93_MX3 wrote:I recall the 94 RX-7s only had 255hp/217ft torque. I'm sure they can beat the new eclipse but still, those numbers arent anything special.
True, but at only 2800bls with 50/50 weight distribution, that's where it's benefits are, but remember too that Japan had a max hp limit of 280, so at the time, that configuration was probably the best, although in later years (after it was no longer sold in North America), I belive started to bring the power up towards that limit. The "Series 8" in 1998-2002 was advertise as 275hp and 243ft-lbs/tq because of the limit, but actually put out 304hp (can't find tq figures)
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:
Juans_93_MX3 wrote:I recall the 94 RX-7s only had 255hp/217ft torque. I'm sure they can beat the new eclipse but still, those numbers arent anything special.
True, but at only 2800bls with 50/50 weight distribution, that's where it's benefits are, but remember too that Japan had a max hp limit of 280, so at the time, that configuration was probably the best, although in later years (after it was no longer sold in North America), I belive started to bring the power up towards that limit. The "Series 8" in 1998-2002 was advertise as 275hp and 243ft-lbs/tq because of the limit, but actually put out 304hp (can't find tq figures)
that is correct, and alot of old rx7s now need new engines so where do they get them from? japan and whats the hp? 280. The rx7 is a sports car through and through. The you can take any rx7 fd series going all the was back to 1992 and every single one will beat the eclipse.
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Chiggles

Post by Chiggles »

Finally saw one of these in person tonight while stopped at a light. Looks better in person than in ads actually, but the older generations still look much better. But even up front and personal, visually it's only good for its lines and it doesn't make up for its HUGE wide a-- that I thought it had when I approached it - it's no wonder this damn thing is so heavy :laugh:
What I drive: A Cybertronian disguised in the form of a Creek Blue Mica 95 MX-3 GS. :driver:
Long term goal: Fabricating a new transformation cog! :welder:
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

A word on the RX-7 power vs. any other car (namely the new Eclipse) a RX-7 is 1.3L of motor, the new Eclipse is 3.7L (I think), you do that math on which is better. Also I doubt we'll see any Eclipse beat 1000+ HP.
As for the mantion of the Eclipse having good motors. Every person I've ever known to own a DSM had MANY engine problems...ECU problems...tranny problems... they are crap, all years. Always good ideas, but poor followthrough on the engineering.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

PATD (blah blah blah) lol
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

New eclipse?

Bring it on ;)

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”