New Eclipse

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

New Eclipse

Post by Custommx3 »

After seeing the commercial, this is well deserved. I though the car looked better, but after seeing the commercial I was pissed. No mazda should bow to a wanna be cougar.
Last edited by Custommx3 on July 21st, 2005, 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

That's great. That part of the commercial ruined the whole car for me. I just want ot kick a dent in one now.. :evil:
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

PATDIESEL wrote:That's great. That part of the commercial ruined the whole car for me. I just want ot kick a dent in one now.. :evil:
x2
But we all know the Rx-7 would beat the eclipse at the strip and through the twisties.
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

yeah that commercial was disgusting. Why piss off car enthusiasts (the market for that car right?) but having a bunch of other cars "Bow down before the queermobile".

its retarded. Mistu won't last long, especially with their slow-as-balls 3800 lb PEICE OF GARBAGE eclipse. Every magazine article I"ve read so far (automobile, C&D, R&T, motor trend) say it sucks a fat ball. Handles like a galant with soft suspension, interior styling is iffy, exterior styling not for everyone, etc.

I agree...I think it doesn't look that great & if it really does weigh 3800 lbs like I've read thats just ridiculous! WTF
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
wickedmx3

Post by wickedmx3 »

I guess all the MX-3 guys here are going to be prowling that damn car just for the kill story...poor Mitsubishi.
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

So get this guys... The new eclipse is rated 260 hp right? Well I have a friend who works at mitsibushi and the clutch that is in those cars is the EXACT same clutch that is in a 4 cyl hyundai tiburon that it rated for like 130 hp.. So that might last 5 feet through the intersection before it explodes.
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

im slightly pissed off, time to schmoke a few of em
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

wickedmx3 wrote:I guess all the MX-3 guys here are going to be prowling that damn car just for the kill story...poor Mitsubishi.
Someone needs to make a spoof commercial we just need a Eclipse and an FD owner. I could imagine, you get the same situation, but what you do is have the Rx-7 spin around (like in those old Cobalt commervials with the vet) and do a burnout and take off, and at the end, you have it say "FD pwnz j00!"
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:
wickedmx3 wrote:I guess all the MX-3 guys here are going to be prowling that damn car just for the kill story...poor Mitsubishi.
Someone needs to make a spoof commercial we just need a Eclipse and an FD owner. I could imagine, you get the same situation, but what you do is have the Rx-7 spin around (like in those old Cobalt commervials with the vet) and do a burnout and take off, and at the end, you have it say "FD pwnz j00!"
x2
Franko, get to work!
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

lol this is funny
and ya new eclipse isnt that cool. I like older ones 92-99
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Meh, I could care less
The new Eclipse does suck though
Dosent it weigh like 4000lbs? I'm not impressed with it one bit... except for the engine
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Exterior styling looks ok but 3800Lbs? :shock: That's outrageous. A big ole mid 90's Lincoln Continental weighs in @~4200Lbs. My buddy owns a 2002 Eclipse and is not a hardazz driver at all. Yet he's had gear teeth bust in his mtx tranny twice in the last 2 years.
Image -Jim
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

yah i had the seccond grar syncros go out twice in my 01. they finally replaces the trans, and the clutch went at 25K. so i put in an ACT. for some dumb a-- reason they had a flywheel that was 1" bigger than the disk that they were using. so ACT produced a bigger presureplate and disk to utlize the extra fly space. way better now. but they still have disk chatter in nutral. pisses me off. i wont buy another one. i looked at a new one i like the front and hate the rear. it sounds really nice. but drives like my grandma's car should.
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

from what i gather the v6 weighs 3500ish and the 4 is 3300ish which gotta be very sluggish with only 160hp & 160tq.
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Yea, curb wt. of V6 is 3538 Lbs. Here's a link to some specs... http://www.automotive.com/2006/43/mitsu ... index.html
Image -Jim

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”