KLZE TB

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

babyblueMX3 wrote:
lazzyie wrote:kl31 TB didn't fit on my curved necked ZE oh and with the kl68 TB if you decide to get the full pheno spacer kit the TB spacer doesn't fit right
yeah I confirm this..but I think outlaw made another set fot those using the curve intake..my friend got some from them
Could someone clarify this for me as I may have a purchase pending.
Will A Kl31 TB bolt up to my IM? Will going from a KL68TB to a KL31TB deminish my performance? Will I or can I expect some adverse effects from the IAC? Is it safe to assume that it will be compatible with the KL31 ECU?....I know I know, probably a dumb question. Thanks guys!!
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

A KL31 TB will not fit with a millenia IM. The IAC is flipflopped and won't fit. If you go to a shop and have a little extension made you can use the KL31. I have the Millenia TB on mine right now until I get a chance to get the extension made for my bored KL31. It shouldn't cost much more than $20-40 to have one made.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.
Spinkx79
Supporting Member

Post by Spinkx79 »

hppwdn wrote:A KL31 TB will not fit with a millenia IM. The IAC is flipflopped and won't fit. If you go to a shop and have a little extension made you can use the KL31. I have the Millenia TB on mine right now until I get a chance to get the extension made for my bored KL31. It shouldn't cost much more than $20-40 to have one made.
1 is such a lonely number.

If you do find some time, maybe u can make 2 :D
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

If people really want extensions made I can have the shop make like 10 or so when I go. It would be a bulk buy sort of situation.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

hppwdn wrote:A KL31 TB will not fit with a millenia IM. The IAC is flipflopped and won't fit. If you go to a shop and have a little extension made you can use the KL31. I have the Millenia TB on mine right now until I get a chance to get the extension made for my bored KL31. It shouldn't cost much more than $20-40 to have one made.
How much of an extension are we talking about, how much is needed? Wouldn't a spacer plate upset the air/fuel dynamics? Is the KL68 the only TB that has the IAC on the right?.....what about the KL47? Do you know of place(s) where I could source a bored TB (KL68?) that has the IAC on the right?
hppwdn wrote:If people really want extensions made I can have the shop make like 10 or so when I go. It would be a bulk buy sort of situation.
Not sure if there is that much interest in spacer plates judging by the span of time with no posts. Is your machinist willing to do a 2nd one when he does yours?
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

:bump: for a few answers...please.
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

All I'm gonna do is go down to an exhaust shop and have them make about a 6-10" extension. A friend of mine had to do it on his when he put on the Millenia IM with a bored KLDE TB.

I don't think I wuold really need to do a bulk buy on them, but if no one can get to an exhaust shop I might make an extra when I get down there to do it. Not sure when I will get to it though. After doing 4 motor swaps in the past month in various cars I'm looking for a break from popping the hood on a car every day after work.

When I go to get it done I'll find out how much they would charge to make extras.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

hppwdn wrote:All I'm gonna do is go down to an exhaust shop and have them make about a 6-10" extension. A friend of mine had to do it on his when he put on the Millenia IM with a bored KLDE TB.
I don't think I wuold really need to do a bulk buy on them, but if no one can get to an exhaust shop I might make an extra when I get down there to do it. Not sure when I will get to it though. After doing 4 motor swaps in the past month in various cars I'm looking for a break from popping the hood on a car every day after work.
When I go to get it done I'll find out how much they would charge to make extras.
Thanks for that hppwdn.
I'm still looking to find answers to the following questions I posed earlier.

jschrauwen wrote:
Wouldn't a spacer plate upset the air/fuel dynamics? Is the KL68 the only TB that has the IAC on the right?.....what about the KL47? Do you know of place(s) where I could source a bored TB (KL68?) that has the IAC on the right?
kiwi_MX3

Post by kiwi_MX3 »

Hi John,

Spacer plates don't upset the Air/Fuel ratio they only increase
runner volume and can increase runner velocity. which is a good thing.

Placement of the throttle boby in the total intake runner system is
something of a debate, rule of thumb has been what ever you had behind
the throttle, add in front to maintain decent throttle response...

something to be played with to a personal preferance....
Kiwi - Native Bird Of New Zealand, semi-nocturnal, secretive bird
Flightless, though can be found flying firstclass
Poor eyesight, though can spot a good pub at 100yards.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”