Florida meet anyone?

Organizing An MX-3 Meet? Post Your Info Here.
PoisonDrop

Post by PoisonDrop »

Just found this thread...

It's funny, but I have done a lot to my car lately, and was wanting to go to a meet to see everyone else's car...and show off my hard work (that so many posts here have gotten me through). I was ready to drive to freakin' Canada...LOL!

I will def. watch this one...count me in!
PoisonDrop

Post by PoisonDrop »

Don't know if the car will be ready, but if so, I just checked my calendar...so count me in for the 13th!
Jteezy

Post by Jteezy »

Alright guys, its down to a vote. We can meet up with the probe guys on Aug.13th, i'm just afraid that we'll probably be out numbered and may not feel welcome. Or we can do a meet on Saturday July 23rd in Orlando on international drive somewhere. I'd like to drive around as a group which would be fun, we could also hit up a theme park, but that may inconvenience someone financially, so i dunno. Well i'm down for whatever. Lets start up a list and get this set in stone.

1.Jteezy (Orlando meet preferably)
etc.
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

West Palm Beach is a good 300 miles for me, so I'd def. be rooming down there Friday night (not good with mornings). I think most probers are receptive enough to Mx-ers, but I think I like the idea of an Orlando meet also, maybe better, so put me down for favoring that one. I might still try to get to WPB for that one too though. Just depends on how I'm/my car's doing.

My RS just blew a head gasket & my radiator's fried, so I'm going gung-ho on the ZE now. Hopefully only a couple weeks left!
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
PoisonDrop

Post by PoisonDrop »

So wait...the Aug. 13th meet is the probe meet, right? I would def. be down for the Orlando meet (seeing how it is closer to me...I live in Tampa). If the Orlando meet is going to happen, let me know, and I will show!
Jteezy

Post by Jteezy »

Ok so we have 3 people as of now down for the orlando

1.Jteezy
2.Nallboy
3.Poisondrop

Hey poison drop, i live in st.pete/tampa, probably pretty close to you. If you'd like to meet up, i wouldnt mind checking out another mx. Let me know. Peace
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

We actually just had a meet in Orlando at Cape Canaveral. There will be plenty of Orlando people at the West Palm Meet. There will be three Mazdas I know of already at the West Palm meet too. Mine (MX3ZE), Shaodome's (turbo MX6) and Funzie's (MX6).

A lot of the Orlando guys were talking about a Moroso meet for the night before. We are getting some discounted hotel rooms rounded up for the meet. I have a buddy and Probe owner that works at a nearby Holiday Inn.

I'll probably just make a separate thread about the West Palm meet to save confusion. And yes, most probe guys love MX3s. They're just real hard to find. I only got mine a month or so ago after I sold my Probe.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.
PoisonDrop

Post by PoisonDrop »

Jteezy wrote:Hey poison drop, i live in st.pete/tampa, probably pretty close to you. If you'd like to meet up, i wouldnt mind checking out another mx. Let me know. Peace
Sounds good to me. Yeah...I don't see many other mx's around here...at least ones that are customized...just let me know when and where. I work the 2am-12pm shift at work, so most afternoons are free for me...just let me know!
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I am some of the Atl guys, and would be interested if it is no further than Jax. That is a 7 hour drive for us and probably about all I can take in one day with the stiff suspension no A/C and ZE with stiff mounts etc.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Jteezy

Post by Jteezy »

Wow man, that would be awesome to have you guys come to the meet, but Jacksonville is a trip for us also. If you guys can throw some ideas out i can mapquest it and see if maybe it can be a compromise, but up till now, Orlando seems to be the place. Come on man! who doesn't wanna go to DISNEY!!??hahaha, jk. Peace
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

Nallboy wrote: My RS just blew a head gasket & my radiator's fried, so I'm going gung-ho on the ZE now. Hopefully only a couple weeks left!
There's a guy down here in Miami that we get ZEs from for $750. I'll give you his number if you want.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
PoisonDrop

Post by PoisonDrop »

I used to live in Jacksonville. We have family in Tampa, so I have made the drive many many times...it's only about 4 hours...and that would be going SLOW. As I said before, I'm down for whatever. I just need to know what the majority of you guys are doing...you know...so I don't show up in the wrong place :)
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

hppwdn wrote:
Nallboy wrote: My RS just blew a head gasket & my radiator's fried, so I'm going gung-ho on the ZE now. Hopefully only a couple weeks left!
There's a guy down here in Miami that we get ZEs from for $750. I'll give you his number if you want.
Thanks, bro, but I've already got my whole setup (see my sig? it's all there). I just gotta find the time & extra cash. Mostly tweaking left. :2thumbsup:
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

I'd drop the CMII-R and get a stage 3 or a 6 puck. I had the Fidanza/CMII-R combo on my probe and the CMII-R didn't last very long. A friend of mine has a CMIII and it's far outlasted the II-R and still grabs hard. Looking back I should have spent the extra $100 or so on the stage 3. I put a 6 puck in the MX3.
barbarino69

Post by barbarino69 »

hey whats up. Im in the market for an engine, was leaning towards a bp-t but I would kill for a klze. Im in boynton beach, I would appreciate it if you could hook me up with your miami connection. Also, maybe we could all meet up at moroso some time and chill, I wouldnt mind cheking out other mx-3's.

On another note, anyone here know who drives the black and yellow GS?? saw hime driving north on I-95 today in lakeworth.[/list]

Return to “MX-3 Meets”