ZX2 struts, possibly group buy

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

Rick Johnson wrote:Yea it would probably be a canadian GB, because you yanks can get em from oemfordparts.com for a decent price, where we canucks would have to pay more shipping and duty+possible brokerage fees.

I'll get a total with all the boots and thrust bearings, then post a price up and talk to Jeff about it all.

I'm trying to source some Eibachs, I can get them from mopac for $330 CAD or so.... but I'd have to wait up to 6 weeks they say, so I'm trying to find them elsewhere, might just end up getting em shipped from the US.
psituning has them for $300
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

I just checked the site and they are going for $390....
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

Rick Johnson wrote:I just checked the site and they are going for $390....
Oops sorry.

I just talked to a friend who owns a shop. She said right now there is a sale from her supplier on Eibach springs. She said they are CHEAP. Might be possible to organize a GB through her. I can ask her for a ballpark figure on 10 orders?
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

Sounds good, can she get ground control coilovers?
rece

Post by rece »

i will be in for a set of struts if the group buy goes through. as rick knows I will be good for the money. ps rick is a good seller if anybody wants to know and good on his word.
Jesse<BR>red 92 gs
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

Rick Johnson wrote:Sounds good, can she get ground control coilovers?
Yes she can get Ground Control Coilovers.
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
mrmike420
Supporting Member

Post by mrmike420 »

How much for the complete package including shipping? (u.s.)
~FUeGo~
92 MX-3 GS, 5spd, Black Metallic, Tokico ZX2 Struts, Eibach Springs, Sylvania Silverstar Ultra's, K&N A/F, Suzuka S/S Brake Lines, KGS Dual Tip Muffler, Dynamat Extreme Trunk Kit
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

Just talked to my friend she says it would be $330CND for Eibach springs. But Maybe cheaper.

Any updates on the ZX2s?
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
blikmik

Post by blikmik »

I am interested in both the Struts (whole package) and the Springs... guys if this flies, let me know ASAP

blik_mik@hotmail.com
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

Still waiting on my set here, should be in soon he quoted me 2 weeks - 2 weeks ago.... I'm not sure if I should do springs or ground controls....

And now I've discovered the full race ZX2 coilover set up, has anyone tried these?
Spinkx79
Supporting Member

Struts

Post by Spinkx79 »

I need suspension, was gonna wait till my engine was done, but if theres a BB....Im IN!!!

Spinkx79@yahoo.ca
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

Good news, I've found a source for the Eibach pro-kit for $285 CAD, thats a pretty damn good deal I've decided to go with this for myself, because it's what the struts are designed for so it makes the most sense...

I could probably put these kits together for somewhere in the neighborhood of around $600 CAD ~ $480 US + shipping which a ballpark figure would be say $40 CAD.

Kit would include so far:

ZX2 Tokico struts
Eibach prokit springs
Thrust Bearings
Front + Rear dustboots

I would rather have Canadians in the GB, because Americans can source this stuff for fairly cheap <unlike us> and may have to pay border fees if they were to be shipped from Canada so they shouldn't bother.
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

Sounds good man. Now we just need to get a line on some Camber Bolts.
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
synap
Supporting Member

Post by synap »

I may be interested in this, just in time for summer!
Overclock

Post by Overclock »

You might have another Canadian on board if you can answer how reliable this combo is and how rough the ride is compared to stock? I live in Montreal, the roads here are THE worst. Is this suspension going to make my car feel like I'm driving a brick? Also, how much does it lower the car?
'96 MX-3, KLZE, ZE Curve Neck Intake, KL68 TB, K8 ECU, CAI, KL-02 VAF.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”