Sean Mandell from Toronto area

Have you recently been in a transaction with someone on this UBB? (Buy/Sell/Trade forum, or maybe a Group Buy) Would you like to give them positive or negative feedback on how the transaction went? Post here to help make transactions on the MX-3.com UBB smooth ones.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Was there no insurance on the shipment. I think Canada post automatically places a minimum $100.00 insurance on large items. What about tracking numbers, whether it was a courier on post, there must be a tracking number????
As far as being seized at the border. Possible, but highly unlikely that it would without some further follow up action to either sender/reciever. I am quite familier with the some of the procedures that are now in place since 9/11 since my job is directly linked to it now. There are numerous ways and methods for detection purposes of illeagle/contraband items and procedures in place to follow up. The mere hint of carbon or fuel vapours from an IM would not go un-noticed.
A few questions;
Greek606 - Why wait so long to post on this BB? Why didn't you get a tracking number or mention that you didn't recieve one.
Sean - You have not mentioned a tracking number either. Since you profess to do numerous buy/sells on this BB, then you must be quite aware of the necessity as a vender to protect yourself by attaining one not to mention the benefits for the purchaser as well. If you are making so much money, why bother selling long distance, plenty of possible buyers within you locale. Would this new found income happened to have started after the transaction was initiated?

There appears to be gaps in both sides here.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Sean Mandell

Post by Sean Mandell »

jschrauwen wrote:Was there no insurance on the shipment. I think Canada post automatically places a minimum $100.00 insurance on large items. What about tracking numbers, whether it was a courier on post, there must be a tracking number????
As far as being seized at the border. Possible, but highly unlikely that it would without some further follow up action to either sender/reciever. I am quite familier with the some of the procedures that are now in place since 9/11 since my job is directly linked to it now. There are numerous ways and methods for detection purposes of illeagle/contraband items and procedures in place to follow up. The mere hint of carbon or fuel vapours from an IM would not go un-noticed.
A few questions;
Greek606 - Why wait so long to post on this BB? Why didn't you get a tracking number or mention that you didn't recieve one.
Sean - You have not mentioned a tracking number either. Since you profess to do numerous buy/sells on this BB, then you must be quite aware of the necessity as a vender to protect yourself by attaining one not to mention the benefits for the purchaser as well. If you are making so much money, why bother selling long distance, plenty of possible buyers within you locale. Would this new found income happened to have started after the transaction was initiated?

There appears to be gaps in both sides here.
Hey jschrauwen,

I hope you enjoyed those oem side skirts ect. you got from me. :wink:

I have been working in the financial industry for 5 years now and if you've ever seen my mx-3, you would know that I spent $20,000 into a $5,000 car I got when I was in college. Anyways, I needed to get rid of all my mx-3 stuff because I sold the car and was in the process of moving into my new home. Greek606 was the first to get dibs on it so I sold it. If I cared about the money so much, I would of just held it till I could sell local instead of wasting money on shipping/paypal fees.

I didn't purchase insurance and it was shipped by ground. I never got the tracking #. He never asked about anything for months so I figured that it made it.
"A hero and a coward both feel fear but it is the hero who reacts first while the coward hides behind the hero"
reaper of souls

Post by reaper of souls »

one question if you did ship the engine out whay company did you use for shipping just wondering
Image 96 X-90 4x4, 16v custom ram air intake lockers front and rear with 5.83 ring and pinion.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Sean Mandell wrote:Hey jschrauwen,
I hope you enjoyed those oem side skirts ect. you got from me. :wink:

They're looking pretty good. I don't know if it was normal, but it was a d*mn tight fit...almost as if they had shrunk???

I have been working in the financial industry for 5 years now and if you've ever seen my mx-3, you would know that I spent $20,000 into a $5,000 car I got when I was in college. Anyways, I needed to get rid of all my mx-3 stuff because I sold the car and was in the process of moving into my new home.

I remember that too.

Greek606 was the first to get dibs on it so I sold it. If I cared about the money so much, I would of just held it till I could sell local instead of wasting money on shipping/paypal fees.

That's what I thought you were doing for all of your stuff, like you said, selling locally.

I didn't purchase insurance and it was shipped by ground. I never got the tracking #. He never asked about anything for months so I figured that it made it.

Sounds like a couple of slips on both parties. No tracking number, no inquiry about the lack of tracking number, no inquiries about shipment lateness til many months later - very very strange. I know that if it were me I'd be making some sort of inquiries after 2-3 weeks if no notice of shipment or delivery had been recieved. Seemed he waited an excessively long time to get pro-active about it also. There may be some insurance on the shipment that you are not aware of as sometimes there is an automatic insurance applied for items over a certain dollar value. I believe that happened with me (insurance) when shipping a set of sideskirts to the states myself. Perhaps checking with the post office from where it was shipped from, might have a record the can still be used to track or trace? This is definitely an odd one??
BTW, the car cover is great. How's the black beauty riding?
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
J0HN_R1

Post by J0HN_R1 »

8) After hearing both sides, I agree both sides are at fault. Sean for not insuring & getting a tracking #, and Greek for not making sure Sean did and not following up properly...

my appologies if you took offence, I tried not to be biased...

:wink: John
When this thing hits 88mph, you're gonna see some serious TIHS...!
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

I am moving this topic over to the Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum.
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

Greek606- find out how Sean shipped the IM and call the company he shipped it with and maybe they can tell you if the shipment was actually made.

If it was, and it was lost during shipment then it is not the sellers responsibility for the item to be insured. That is only done upon request from the buyer for additional cost.
greek606

Re: Sean Mandell from Toronto area

Post by greek606 »

Sean Mandell wrote:
greek606 wrote:I paid for a KLZE IM from this guy on the probetalk.com website way back on Nov 23, 2004. I still haven't seen it or heard from this dude. Never responds to emails. He stated that he sells stuff here too so BEWARE. :evil:

If anyone knows this a-- tell him to contact me. greek606@yahoo.com
I sent this IM to you on dec. 13th/2004. I am not responsible for lost/stolen shipping. sorry but I can't do anything. I was told that anything that is shipped across the U.S. border and has explosive substances(GAS) can be siezed by customs.

Holy Crap!!!!!! It speaks. THis is the first time in 2005 that you actually respond to me. I've emailed you a zillion times without an answer. Send me back my money. If that IM ever makes it here I'll personally hand deliver it back to you. I'm waitning. Email me @ greek606@yahoo.com. I'm gonna PM you my phone number.
96 PGT MTX Hotshot CAI, Hotshot Headers, REDLINE MT-90, REDLINE Water-wetter, Mobile 1, NGK 8 mm Wires, NGK Plugs, Greddy Catback SP Exhaust, Unorthodox Underdrive Pulley, Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump, Venon VCN1000 Nitrous Kit. Front and Rear Strut Brace, Cross-drilled and Slotted Rotors, Clutchmaster Stage 3, Stainless Steel Clutchline, Fidanza 9lb. Flywheel, Polyurethane Motor Mount Inserts
greek606

Post by greek606 »

Sean Mandell wrote:
DavidOS wrote:an intake manifold is not explosive, but the verbal diarhea is
I have sold countless Items to ppl on this site. Davidos, you are one of them(remember the guy with the black lexus?). I sent the manifold and have sinced moved from my return address. I am not saying that it got seized or not. I just know that I sent the f#@kn manifold in december and GREEK606 started emailing me a month ago!!!! now go ahead and think whatever you want but I'm not sending money back to this guy.

I no longer have my mx-3 since december and have no reason to go on probetalk or this site until recently when I found these shims that I thought could come to use for someone here. I have no problem If someone wants to pick them up.

I make 70 grand a year and I have no reason to rip off some guy for $200 dollars.
Sean, I've been emailing you since December (paid for it in Nov) and have been emailing ever since. NO F**ING RESPONSE You never responded. You said you moved since then. Don't they forward your mail to your new address like they do in the US? I'm out 200 bucks and your out an "intake manifold". As everyone's been saying, there some BS in the air. Like you said, you make 70,000 a year, what's 200 bucks to you. Why don't you refund me. Like I said if that thing ever gets here Ill personally deliver it.
96 PGT MTX Hotshot CAI, Hotshot Headers, REDLINE MT-90, REDLINE Water-wetter, Mobile 1, NGK 8 mm Wires, NGK Plugs, Greddy Catback SP Exhaust, Unorthodox Underdrive Pulley, Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump, Venon VCN1000 Nitrous Kit. Front and Rear Strut Brace, Cross-drilled and Slotted Rotors, Clutchmaster Stage 3, Stainless Steel Clutchline, Fidanza 9lb. Flywheel, Polyurethane Motor Mount Inserts
greek606

Post by greek606 »

"As for Greek606, he just emailed me less than a month ago and it's been 4 months since I sent the IM. I moved in January and didn't forward my address. The package might have returned to my old address for some reason but I never received it. I already tried to call the post office but got nowhere. I spent $70 to send the IM+TB and it was a ground shipment. So unfortunately this is either a scam he is trying to pull on me or we have a lost/stolen shipment. Either way, I did my part and I am sorry if he thinks I scamed him but I'm not going to just give the guy his money and leave myself with nothing and $70 down the drain."

As for sean saying I emailed him for the first time last month that complete BULL. I PMED hIM through Probetalk.com on:
11-23-0 when I paid him through paypal

12-10-04 to ask what the shipping status ( he replys saying that he just sent it {2 WEEKS LATE} and says it'll take 6 WEEkS to deliver. How convenient that it equals 48 days... 3 days past PayPals CLAIM policy ends

1-2-05 Again asking for status.....NO RESPONSE

2-10-05 Asking for Tracking.... NO RESPONSE

2-17-05 Asking for refund.............NO RESPONSE

3-21-05 Again asking for refund...........NO RESPONSE

I also emailed him directly through my yahoo account. The last 2 times were 2-11 and 2-17 Again NO RESPONSE.

After trying to track his a-- down reading through old Probetalk posts I read he sold stuff here. His ID in probetalk was KILAZE which unfortnately wasn't the same here. I tried to figure out what his ID was by hoping that he was part of the Toronto group since thats where the payment went. I got extrememly lucky that he used his name as his ID or else I would have nevered have found him. Thats why it took so long for me to write something here. I've also PMed him here without a response.

This is the only place where he's spoken up.

HE STILL HASN'T EMIALED ME DIRECTLY :evil: :evil: :evil:
Last edited by greek606 on May 25th, 2005, 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greek606

Post by greek606 »

J0HN_R1 wrote:8) After hearing both sides, I agree both sides are at fault. Sean for not insuring & getting a tracking #, and Greek for not making sure Sean did and not following up properly...

my appologies if you took offence, I tried not to be biased...

:wink: John

John, No offense taken but SEAN never emailed me back ans STILL hasn't. He conveniently told me that it would be atleast 6 weeks for delivery after "forgetting" to ship it for 2 weeks. That equals 48 days which is 3 days past Paypals guarantee. I called paypal and they couldn't do d--- becasue it was too late. I was a moron and actually waited the whole time.

I PMed adn emailed him multiple times for info and tracking numbers He never responded until now when he's trying to sell stuff again
Last edited by greek606 on May 25th, 2005, 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greek606

Post by greek606 »

mxmaz wrote:Greek606- find out how Sean shipped the IM and call the company he shipped it with and maybe they can tell you if the shipment was actually made.

If it was, and it was lost during shipment then it is not the sellers responsibility for the item to be insured. That is only done upon request from the buyer for additional cost.

"Greek606- find out how Sean shipped the IM... I wish I could. He wont email me anything I dont know how he shipped it. It must be on a snail's back and its still making its way here.

Anyone selling something can always used the "LOST IN THE MAIL" alibi. He said he paid 70 for shipping. That didn't include insurance!!!!!!!!

At the absolute minimum he should refund me the difference and I'll eat the shipping.

I paid him $212.50 US seconds after he acepted the offer.
greek606

Post by greek606 »

Just found out he was selling on Probetalk selling stuff under the BUGSY007 name too

Infact he was reselliing the IM I paid for already, for 50 bucks less!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
greek606

Post by greek606 »

For those skeptical about who's telling the truth. I got a PM from the guy that bought the IM that I had paid for already on Probletalk.com. Hopefully he'll be able to get me Sean's phone number. Anyone else's help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Here's a cut an paste of the message:

MartinKanczuga
Slow Learner

Seller Rating: (0)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, yes I picked up this IM off him a few months ago. After reviewing the post from his previous screen name and the pic he posted of the IM it turns out I have the one he pictured under KILAZE. I can tell because the one he sold me has the circle in the exact same spot. I was actually gonna buy it off him when he was selling it in November but something seemed kind of shady and I backed off, then bought it in February but I didnt even realize it was the same person I was dealing with.

Anyway let me know and I can give you his phone #.

Martin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greek606
Hi

Did u ever get the KLZE IM from bugsy007?

That a--hole sold it to me for $212.50 in Nov under the KILAZE and never sent it.

Check out any KILAZE posts and you'll see how he was avoiding me

Return to “Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum”