KLZE TB

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

Kim
Look for the kl31 on the head can be seen, underneath the intake manifold
if hes looking at the pistons they should be flat and not dished,

the cams are marked kl31 on the intake cams, if you dont know which is which, just look at both there are only 2 under each valve cover.

and the throttle body can be marked kl68 or kl31.

hope this makes your engine dealers headaches a little less severe
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Spinkx79
Supporting Member

Post by Spinkx79 »

Unfortunately i have already been down this path.

The ONLY TB that can be used with a Curved IM is the KL68. I know because i have a 67mm KL01 that i bought from PMO and cannot use.

Sucks that the best IM for us is the only one that is TB specific.

And yes the TB Pheno is very different, i was in on the K-Series BB and bought both TB phenos and hardware kits, in hopes that i still may be able to use the 67mm.
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

[quote="Spinkx79"]The ONLY TB that can be used with a Curved IM is the KL68. I know because i have a 67mm KL01 that i bought from PMO and cannot use.[/quote
The reason why your kl01 tb wont work is because it is for a straight neck IM (short or long straight neck both interchangible). There are a few different tb's used on the curved neck and all of them are interchangible. I know kl68, kl47, and kl31 are all used on the curved neck square port IM's. You could use a k8 tb on a millenia IM and a millenia tb on a k8 IM. But the k8 is only 55mm bore
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

post a few pics of your TB so we can see if/what the differences are. Also if you need a JE50 VAF send me an email we have plenty left in the parts sale.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
KimmiKim

Post by KimmiKim »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... AMEWN%3AIT

that is a klde, i contacted him and he said for $100 dollars more he will send me a klze, $120 shipping. has anyone else dealt w/them before? they don't seem to know much, except that they sell klzes more than kldes, and they have 2 different engines, or so they say.

so they would need to remove the IM to see the head codes? they are gonna be pretty bitchy about that, lol. i asked them to take off the valve covers and check the cam codes, they didnt respond yet.
-Kim

1993 MX-3 GS in Raspberry Metallic
...awaiting swap...
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

No you can see the head code between the runners on the intake manifold. The easiest thing you can do is just buy a straight neck one, then take that IM off and sell it or trade it for a curved neck one. There is just to much confusion with these companies on weather the curved neck ones are actually de's or ze's.
KimmiKim

Post by KimmiKim »

i hate to be one of those people who doesnt search, and asks duplicate questions... but wont i have clearance probles w/the straight neck? thats the whole reason i wanted a curved neck. i need an engine asap, my k8 is leaking oil and coolant and i dont want to spend money to fix it.
-Kim

...awaiting swap...
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

I'd be extremely happy if could have sourced an engine from the same place like Jay Millar (Millaj01)...pristine doesn't even come close!! It appears you're having a bit of a struggle with this company, ask Millaj01 where he got his.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

KimmiKim wrote:i hate to be one of those people who doesnt search, and asks duplicate questions... but wont i have clearance probles w/the straight neck?
Yes, but thats why you would then sell it or trade it for a curved neck intake manifold. Probe guys usually pay $200 or so for the straight neck IM, then you can buy a curved neck IM for probably less then $200. Check your local junkyard for one from a 2.5 millenia.
KimmiKim

Post by KimmiKim »

ok here's my new dilemma. the head is stamped kl31, the tb is stamped kl31, but the front valve cover says ford? that just doesnt make sense to me. the guy once again is promising to check the pistons... do u think that maybe someone just changed the valve cover on it but its the right engine? help!!
-Kim

...awaiting swap...
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

KimmiKim wrote:ok here's my new dilemma. the head is stamped kl31, the tb is stamped kl31, but the front valve cover says ford? that just doesnt make sense to me. the guy once again is promising to check the pistons... do u think that maybe someone just changed the valve cover on it but its the right engine? help!!
KL31 heads, KL31 TB, and a straight neck intake...smells like a ZE to me. Last step is to remove valve cover and verify KL31 valves. Perhaps this engine has been through a couple of hands and the previous owner was a probe guy who wanted to maintain the "Probe Image" by utilizing the Ford valve covers instead. If this is the caes now you are looking at an engine that is not right off the boat, as we say, ie not directly from japan with low mileage. It's quite possible that this engine may have beaucoup mileage and in that case the vender may be misrepesenting it, which may be all the more reason to walk away. PM Millaj01 and see where he sourced his from. There's more than that particular ZE out there and in excellent shape with very low mileage, Millaj01 is recent proof of that. If in fact this was a ZE previously owned by or used by a probe makes me wonder why it didn't make it's way back into the hands of another probe owner. Not unlike our BB where we buy, sell and trade amongst orselves the probe gang do likewise. These are just some of the Q's that come to my mind. It might be worth throwing those sort of questions at the vender as a way of determining how he responds/reacts to the Q's that I have mentioned. In essance, see if he trips himself up in a lie. It would be up to you to decide if this person is truly above board and is being completely honest. Even legit businesses have their share of scammers.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
KimmiKim

Post by KimmiKim »

well im gonna just get a straight neck someplace else, i'm sure i found one thats a good price. i just dont know where to find a curved neck IM. any ideas?
-Kim

...awaiting swap...
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Post up in the buy/sell forum that you Want To Buy [WTB] a curved neck Millienium intake.. they are floating around.. I am sure you wont have that much of a problem locating one.

Tunes67
Spinkx79
Supporting Member

Post by Spinkx79 »

KimmiKim wrote:well im gonna just get a straight neck someplace else, i'm sure i found one thats a good price. i just dont know where to find a curved neck IM. any ideas?
Go look on ProbeTalk.com

http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701140714

Is an old post, but i see a new curved necks for sale on there almost every week. I bought mine there.

Make sure you get one with the TB and all the VRIS stuff with it, save you a major migrane.
RaverChankoMX3

Post by RaverChankoMX3 »

Try trading the straight neck for a curved neck. That's the easiest way. I bought my engine through NoyanUSA. There is another place..."Sun" something I can't remember SunEngines? ANyways, those were the two best when I bought mine a year ago. My brother got the mkIII 7M-GTE engine from Noyan as well and both engines are great.

Personally, I would rather go to the place itself, and do all the checking first hand.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”