What's your priority list?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

My GS doesn't really look the greatest, but my engine stuff's nearing completion.
Here's kinda how it goes for me:
Engine(& most mods already done)
Suspension
Body work/kit/paint
Security
Interior
Audio (already have some thumpers)

But I keep getting little stuff from all categories as I find deals. You know how it is :2thumbsup:
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
showgun

Post by showgun »

- Engine & Tranny Swap (to BP[or BPT] & MT)
- Exhaust
- Suspension
- Exterior
- Interior

and everything else in no particular order really.
--Brian
'93 Mazda MX-3 RS
4cyl 1.6L SOHC
http://www.cardomain.com/id/showgunx
Macen

Post by Macen »

- Brakes
- Suspension
- Catalytic converter
- Headers
- Repainted doors
- Nice looking japanese girl :P
- Body kit
Black '93 GS-RL KL-DE
White '95 RX-7 Type R Bathurst
http://macen.nullnet.com
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Macen wrote: - Nice looking japanese girl :P
Hey! Can we do a group buy on that?
92GS_STL_MO

Post by 92GS_STL_MO »

Hers the order I've gone

Suspension <all struts, springs, strut braces, mounts and bushings
Brakes <Corksport SS break and clutch lines, Mazda calipers
Drivetrain <all 2.5, low milage MTX, clutch, cold air intake
Exhaust <2.25" cat-back, can style muffler, hollow cat (shhhh)
Audio system <sony head, alpine V-12 4ch, RF 600A2, 2x12" RF Punch
Some interior styling < indiglos Hvac and cluster, Garmin nav system
Partial Security system <alarm not completely installed (actuators are in)

I only went this order because I was run off the road by a drunk guy and almost my entire suspension (not to mention my door and DS fender) were all but destroyed. I went through parts on my 92 GS like mad so I decided to do this one right. I replaced LITERALLY every bolt, nut, washer, bushing, link, cover, shield, bearing, boot, joint, seal, and shim with all 100% genuine Mazda factory parts (new lol). Then I bought my springs, struts, mounts, etc all upgraded aftermarket. I had a 2.5 looking for a home so I decided to do the swap again. I am glad I had the suspension done, there is a major difference to the feel of my ride doing it in this order. future mods include a "carputer" or mobile PC (probably be selling the Garmin GPS at that point) more exterior styling, PAINT!!! upgrading the audio system again (fibreglass enclosure in the hatch after I can track down all the squeaky bits lol I have all the stuff just waiting for better weather)

almost forgot
Exterior styling < MS style front bumper needs paint before install\

By the way, I will have my spreadsheet with all the part numbers and prices for my mazda project complete sometime soon for anyone interested
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Right now the main thing is getting my car tuned up right.. after that is window tinting, body kit (experior styling) and most important PAINT. AFter that will come the struts then engine.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
MarkMoore

Post by MarkMoore »

what's the benefit of having a "carputer"? i mean, do u really need a computer in your car... how often will u use it, what will you use it for (other than browsing mx-3.com while driving of course :2thumbsup:) what's the draw to it... (i want to be convinced so i can do it too :D )
1992 GS/RS Mutant Automatic
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

MarkMoore wrote:what's the benefit of having a "carputer"?
Most people who do it want to get a 100GB hard drive full of MP3's into thier car.
MarkMoore

Post by MarkMoore »

do you hook it up to the battery or what? with what and where do you mount it?
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

My Priority list -

Engine & Trans
New Rims (got the tires already)
Interior
Audio - Got a CD Player in it but the speakers are trashed
Eventual Paint job

I got lucky with my ride.. (though if you have seen my posts about the burnt valve problem I have with the engine you might not think me so lucky LOL) the suspension & brakes are all new though I will eventually upgrade to cross drilled & oversized rotors when it is time to do the brakes in a couple of years.

My interior is in excellent condition. Black & Gray. Only need 3 things for the interior - New Double Decker console box above the e-brake and a new hatch garnish (these seem to be very common issues with these cars) and the little light in the rear window defroster button doesnt work - tough to tell when its on or off unless there is frost on the window ;)

I really like the clean lines of this car so I doubt I will ever do much in the way of body mods.. but a nice Bahama Blue Poly metalflake paint job would look sweet on it.

Once I get the new rims (got the stock steelies) I will post pics of my ride.
Only thing better than a grocery getter is a grocery getter with style ;)

Tunes67
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

MarkMoore wrote:do you hook it up to the battery or what? with what and where do you mount it?
Yes. Most people get a very low power processor and make a custom aluminum box for it to slip under one of the seats. Most use an inverter to power it up, but I believe there are direct 12 volt power supplies for it. I know there's a website devoted to DIY car computers if you do a web search.
MarkMoore

Post by MarkMoore »

maybe some time in the future... i have a trillion things to accomplish on the mx before i start worrying about "carputers"--lol... but it's something to keep in mind i guess

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”