Washer jet lights?

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

epitome of rice!! Everyone knows that right?

You can get these things for $2 a set at ollies outlet. I'd rather pay $20 a peice for the factory ones then be caught dead using ghey ricer washerLED's.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Acamori

Post by Acamori »

how bout just not having nozzles on the hood at all? there are kits around to put sprayers on the wiper arms like in newer cars. anyways, if it's what you like, go for it, i just don't think it'll look good.

as for the wireing, it shouldn't be too bad, your best bet would be to follow the nozzle feed tube (washer fluid tube) to get the wire to to the firewall, then just feed it and a power wire through one of the holes. once inside the car find a place for a switch and wire it up (lead from leds on one side, power feed on the other) the negative/gound wire can be attached to bare metal wherever you feel like.
1/4 complete system---->carstereo.com
reprobation

Post by reprobation »

I talked to a local cop here.. he said that in the state of texas.. there were four limitations on those nozzel lights.
- the lights cannot be above 48 in. off the ground
- they can't be flashing (used as turn signals or the like)
- they can't blue or red.
- and you can only have a max of 4 sources of white light.
so if you have the nozzel lights, plus your normal lights, and white fog lights, they are illegal because you've got 6 sources of white light.

He said if a cop was to issue a ticket for this, it would be for "Illegal use of unspecified lighting equpiment" .. a class C misdemenor. fines ranging from $50-$175

Hope this helped :)

-Chris
bubbaflaat

Post by bubbaflaat »

Gro Harlem wrote:epitome of rice!! Everyone knows that right?

You can get these things for $2 a set at ollies outlet. I'd rather pay $20 a peice for the factory ones then be caught dead using ghey ricer washerLED's.
:werd:
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED, DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM. - MX-3.com Admin

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”