mounting an undercar kit

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Eric Moore

mounting an undercar kit

Post by Eric Moore »

Well, I got myself a free set of decent neons..and mounted the sides and the front one before I put on my kit and all. I was wondering where you all mounted your rear tube at. Seems that the 3 ft tubes made for the front and back wont fit too well on the back..the muffler gets in the way a bit too much. Just wondering what you all did for yours. I really dont want to have to get a custom tube made about 1.5 or 2 foot.
Project Holy Crap!!!
L10 ATX Trannny In!

Project Turbo!!!
Finally Found A 5 Speed MX-3 in decent shape! B6T On The way now!

"Is it a mini-Skyline or an uderstated Supra hunter..."
RB25DET getting dropped into the 240SX as you read! Pics and Dyno graph coming soon!!
exdream_mx3

Re: mounting an undercar kit

Post by exdream_mx3 »

Can you hook me up with a free set of decent neons? :froggie_red:
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

mines squeezed right up in the bumper, and its not comming out :D
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Eric Moore

Post by Eric Moore »

Heh..wanna send me a few pics of your setup Nd4SpdSe? Wouldnt mind seing all 4 tubes just to get a good look at what other people have up. Kinda hard to see where other people mounted them at really. Always just get the night time pic of them glowing...
Project Holy Crap!!!
L10 ATX Trannny In!

Project Turbo!!!

RB25DET getting dropped into the 240SX as you read! Pics and Dyno graph coming soon!!
BADMX3

Post by BADMX3 »

just fitted a kit to my m8's 323....

it was a squeeze on the rear with that but eventually made it fit!

the side one's are the worst with no skirts.... as all you can see is bulb!

he drilled his seam by choice how have you done yours?
Eric Moore

Post by Eric Moore »

Actually on the side of my mx..theres a small flap on each side of the car. I mounted the tubes right behind that. You can still see the bulb a little bit, but not much. Way Im lookin at it, whenever I get around to putting on my skirts they're going to be covered up completely. Same goes for the front when I put the lip from a GS on it. I might have found a way to mount the rear one, but it's going to be a pain in the butt it looks like. Short of me finding a tube thats shorter. Worst part is, white neons are hard to find down here in south florida for some reason.
Project Holy Crap!!!
L10 ATX Trannny In!

Project Turbo!!!

BlazerCrew

Post by BlazerCrew »

I just got an led kit that changes 7 different colors. Its bad *** . But ya until i get sideskirts you can see the bulbs. The back was a tight fit for me as well but i think i cut one of the mountings for the bumper just to slide it in there. I'll post some pics once i get my camera.
Mx-3's rule
BoOdOg
Supporting Member

Post by BoOdOg »

before I had my kit the way I had mine mounted was one behind just below the opening in front bumper hides it perfect can't see tube lights up front bumper opening and ground of course.

Side you can hide for most part behind the little rail under your car. When you add skirts you not see them at all anymore. Or you can go get a piece of rubber same lenght as tube and put it between the tube and the rail. This will totally hide your tube at night however in day time you'll see a little black strip under your car not really noticeable to anyone else just yourself. If you do the rubber idea another good idea is to take someting silver and put it on inside close to the neon tube, this will refelct the light better making it brighter

Back you can mount your back tube above your exhuast behind back bumper. This will totally hide the tube and also shines light threw the opening above your liencse plate.

Don't forget mount transformers away from heat, and also try not to use solder and use the plastic wire protectors. I only adding this cause of the trouble I had with mine

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”