How much is your mx worth?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
MX3-Freak

Re: How much is your mx worth?

Post by MX3-Freak »

Originally posted by Franko:
Atlanta says we have no common sense if someone offered us 20 grand for our cars and not take it. Its the same as if someone came to you and said that they would give you 20 grand for your girlfriend. You wouldent want to part with her. To me, that is the same thing as the car. Some people are more connected to the stuff that they own, I would say that there is alot of people on here that talk to their cars and almost consider it a living thing sometimes.. then there are others that see it as a soul-less heap of steel that gets them from point A to point B. I think that me, JWMX3 and Nd4SpdSe all feel the same way about our cars.
As Nd4SpdSe said it, he puts money into it because he enjoys driving it. It is not supposed to be an investment, that is what stocks are for. Plus somehow I dont think that drugs and drinking are a good investment either, but you put the money in your car and it is like a high that you never come off of. :D
I'm sorry, but girls, and people in general have personalities that can never be copied ... 2 mx3's can be made exactly the same bolt to bolt. No comparison :p . Oh, btw, if some1 offered me $3500 I would sell my car. Its a great car, but profit is profit in my mind, and that means money to improve on your next purchase.
Stock 1995 RS - Creek Blue
Car Meanins:
Honda: Hang On, Not Done Accelerating
FORD: Frequently Overhauled, Rarely Driven
Mazda: Must Always Zoom Down Asphalt
thebox

Post by thebox »

Originally posted by MX3-Freak:
Oh, btw, if some1 offered me $3500 I would sell my car. Its a great car, but profit is profit in my mind, and that means money to improve on your next purchase.
I'm curious, how many miles are on your car? It looks like it is in really nice shape, so why would you let it go for $3500?

<small>[ September 04, 2004, 03:02 AM: Message edited by: thebox ]</small>
1992 MX-3 GS

KLZE - Fidanza Flywheel - CM IIR Clutch - Millenia IM - UR Pulley - IM Spacers - KL36 ECU
perhapsadingo8yerbaby

Post by perhapsadingo8yerbaby »

Originally posted by atlantamx3:
Aftermarket mods mean NOTHING to dealers and car salesmen. They add NO REAL VALUE to your car besides personal value. If you ever plan on selling your car-- you will get more if you sell it to a person instead of a dealer.
Absolutely true. The dealer's biz goal is to easily/quickly move the car and make a profit. They'll calculate a book-based value regardless of mods and their offer will be different dependent on whether you trade it in on a purchase of a new car from them or want to sell it outright to the dealership.

On the other hand, a private seller may find a buyer with appreciation for nice mods and great maintenance who's willing to pay a higher purchase price. That's usually the price difference in the relationship between seller and buyer whether the car is modded or not. Sell to the dealer & you're selling to a business that exists to move inventory. Sell to a person and if you're lucky, you're selling the MX-3 dream man... ;) and so it gets priced accordingly. :2thumbsup:
MX3-Freak

Post by MX3-Freak »

Originally posted by thebox:
I'm curious, how many miles are on your car? It looks like it is in really nice shape, so why would you let it go for $3500?
68k miles... but I only paid $2600 for her. I figure a stock RS with low miles, and some minor paint problems probibly isnt worth much more...
Stock 1995 RS - Creek Blue
Car Meanins:
Honda: Hang On, Not Done Accelerating
FORD: Frequently Overhauled, Rarely Driven
Mazda: Must Always Zoom Down Asphalt
jumboplay

Post by jumboplay »

I think all of you people that would sell it for a decent price are CRAZY. I honestly don't believe there is a car in this price range that can even hold a candle to an MX-3. I love the hell out of mine, and I'd rather hand it down to a worthy friend than watch some punk kid hand over some cash and ruin my baby. It's not a hunk of steel (and bodyfiller, ahem), it's a part of me, my reputation, my style...and quite frankly, I like the attention. I'd sell my kidney before I sold my MX. You don't need both, right? Hehe...
-Tom J, proud MX-3 pilot-
Get your entertainment upgraded at http://www.tommyv2.com

1996 MX-3 RS/GS hybrid, OBDII B6-ZE, painted Mazda crystal white, ZX-2+Eibach, Miglia Spyder 17"s, markerflash, black altezzas, insane fuel economy, too many other mods to list...
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

I sunked over 13 000$ + the car value (5000$ when bought) on mine and doubt i can sell it for 8000$ :shrug:
you do like Pat (street-imports) did..you part out the car and make more money than you would have made by selling the car
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

nope, wouldn't sell my mx

20,000 dollars? hmmm, nope still a no.

I haven't put as much money into it as you guys, but I still wouldn't sell her.

so far I have dropped about $5500 into her. That's buying the car, stereo system, and performance parts!! That's including the BP engine that is going in on monday!!!
Dude, I love hook-ups!!

luv the car and will probably put another $10,000 into her before I slow down on the installs!!! :2thumbsup:
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
quicksliver

Post by quicksliver »

Im' sorry but for everyone here that is saying they would not sell their mx for $20,000...your ALL full of sh(_)t and you know it.

End of Subject.

<small>[ September 04, 2004, 06:14 PM: Message edited by: Quick Sliver ]</small>
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

:Dv i would sell, then get another and build a better MX

<small>[ September 04, 2004, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: papa roached ]</small>
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

id sell mine for 20K who said i wouldnt, id go get another SE, i had chance to get 2 diff SE's for $500 with only blown engines, perfect projects, that 20K would go to restore my charger and make it 9sec street driven monster
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

Post by Guest »

I really enjoy my MX3. I bought her for $1600 knowing that the transmission was no good. But, I saved some money and bought a used one and no problems. Our MX3s are special to most of us and that is the beauty of Our MX3s........there is nothing on the road like them..... period.
GoT_DaT_Mx3_Se

Post by GoT_DaT_Mx3_Se »

i paid 2500 for my se, painted it, tinted the windows etc,etc.. point is that its mostly stock. i got offered 10,000 yesterday and i just laughed it off. i would never sell my car, its rare, beautiful, and in great condition. WHY would i sell it?? to MAYBE find another and then start all over??
.: Lara :.
.: Special Edition :.
.: Raspberry Metallic :.
.: 1993 Mazda MX-3 V6 :.
.: Check it out http://www.cardomain.com/id/mahmx3 :.
perhapsadingo8yerbaby

Post by perhapsadingo8yerbaby »

Just cked out your ride. Looks good. Got my vote over at cardomain :2thumbsup: ...
seneca

Post by seneca »

There are some great ideas here regarding what your MX is worth to you. But what I'd be curious about is how much I could actually get for mine. I've been thinking about it for a while. I seem to be finding myself looking at BMW's lately....
My Car Domain Page:
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/496099

Take a Look, leave a comment, and don't forget to vote.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Originally posted by Quick Sliver:
Im' sorry but for everyone here that is saying they would not sell their mx for $20,000...your ALL full of sh(_)t and you know it.

End of Subject.
I don't think so...my tally it squeezing pretty close to 20'000, and wouldn't i want to redo ALL the work to make a measly ~$5000 and start all over again, i don't think so...especially spending the hundreds, if not thousands of hours of labor
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”